Theories on Jaime and Stoneheart?

King of Winters

Are they're any other theories on how Jaime will escape the BwB and Lady Stoneheart? The theory I've always thought is that Brienne will double-cross Stoneheart and sacrifice herself to help Jaime escape or help him fight his way out and escape. But are there any other theories you like that are interesting or any new ones?

Or if think Jaime will die, how do you think he'll die? In a trial, like with Sandor, or hanged or something else.

First, we know he`s been missing for few weeks, but we don`t know whether he is dead or not, or even UnCat mwt him. Perhaps Brienne took him into hiding on safe. It would be hard to imagine that he confronts Uncat at this point and survive. So, I think he never met with her

Well... I don't think Jaime would be killed without us reading about it through his POV or someone else's, so I'm certain he's alive. Secondly... I don't think Brienne led him to Lady Stoneheart since we learned that he has been missing for weeks through other people's POV. A clash between Stoneheart and Jaime simply would be too big an event to not write about, wouldn't it? And if he was brought to Stoneheart during these weeks, we ought to have read about it in A Dance with Dragons, wouldn't we?

Brienne must've brought him on a quest or brought him into hiding from Stoneheart. And since Jaime doesn't seem the type to hide from those who wish to hurt him, I would go with the first option. But where did they go?

Jaime isn't just going to be taken straight to Catelyn and killed, I think Brienne will take him with her to get Sansa so she can make a case for Catelyn to spare his life, if he comes to the hollow hill at all. She could argue that he was indispensible in the saving of Sansa and has already received his retribution for crippling Bran as he is now crippled. It's impossible to predict how this quest might turn out, however, because the X factor is Littlefinger

I don't think he will have to "escape" at all. I think Cat has a reason to bring him in and I think he'll be given and task/request. Justice on the Freys maybe?

Yeah, I'm thinking along these lines too. I don't think Jamie's story is over yet, but I also don't think he'll have a deus ex machina type of escape either.

Has there been a theory that LS gave Brienne the fire of life after she hung her, and that Brienne is actually dead, and is now the leader of the BWB?

Seems like a lot of work when she could just cut her down before, haha.

Seems like a lot of work when she could just cut her down before, haha.

Well maybe Brienne screamed her last word and it had an affect on LS, but Breinne hung anyways. After she died, LS decided to pass the "fire of life", whatever it is, onto Brienne, and now Unbreinne is leader of the BWB

The problem with the idea that Brienne would not betray Jaime or take him to the BwB and Lady Stoneheart is that the BwB and Stoneheart are probably holding Pod and Ser Hyle hostage to get Brienne to do what they want, which is bring Jaime to them. Brienne and Pod developed a very close mother-son, or perhaps big sis-little bro relationship and she loves him. She would not want to see him hurt or killed. Even with Ser Hyle, though there's no love lost between him and Brienne, I doubt Brienne would want to see him killed because of her. That's the dilemma. Brienne sacrifices Jaime or she sacrifices Pod (and Hyle). So, the question is, how would all of them get out of this alive? I have no idea but I like the theories that the BwB are planning a sort of Red Wedding 2.0 during Daven Lannister's wedding to a Frey girl (it won't be exact same as Red Wedding because they will at least not violate guest right) and so are keeping Jaime alive to get them inside the Twins for the wedding. As a cousin to Daven, Jaime would be able to get inside easily.

The problem with the idea that Brienne would not betray Jaime or take him to the BwB and Lady Stoneheart is that the BwB and Stoneheart are probably holding Pod and Ser Hyle hostage to get Brienne to do what they want, which is bring Jaime to them. Brienne and Pod developed a very close mother-son, or perhaps big sis-little bro relationship and she loves him. She would not want to see him hurt or killed. Even with Ser Hyle, though there's no love lost between him and Brienne, I doubt Brienne would want to see him killed because of her. That's the dilemma. Brienne sacrifices Jaime or she sacrifices Pod (and Hyle). So, the question is, how would all of them get out of this alive? I have no idea but I like the theories that the BwB are planning a sort of Red Wedding 2.0 during Daven Lannister's wedding to a Frey girl (it won't be exact same as Red Wedding because they will at least not violate guest right) and so are keeping Jaime alive to get them inside the Twins for the wedding. As a cousin to Daven, Jaime would be able to get inside easily.

I'd like it if Jaime went in the Twins with a couple of undercover BwB and then the rest just smash thier way in and slaughter everyone.

It is almost certain that Brienne brought Jaime back to Catelyn because, as we all know, the latter has several hostages. Theories should work off that assumption and move forward.

Jaime will survive his ordeal with LS to fulfill his role as the valonqar. I think LS will allow Jaime a trial by combat since he can't fight with his left hand, and Brienne will unexpectedly stand as Jaime's champion against Lem. LS will still require Jaime to help her daughters.

She might use him in the second RW.

My Lannister hate makes me want to just say she'll hang him... I suppose to be fair..

If he escapes, I don't think it will be a miraculous, Stoneheart-killing moment. If he escapes with his life, there is a reason for it, a deal being made. He still figures himself loyal to her, so maybe he'll work something else out like Brienne, but also he as good as told Catelyn in her former life that he pushed Bran. I'm in the camp that thinks Stoneheart really is Catelyn, just with a personality change. I don't think she's just vengeance with a rotting body. So I think she'll be more inclined to kill him.

I also think Jaime and Brienne with have a small reunion moment and then both will be killed. That is just so awful that it fits in this series. This theory might make sense if GRRM feels the need to cut back on POVs. Two down, all the Greyjoys to go!

My Lannister hate makes me want to just say she'll hang him... I suppose to be fair..

If he escapes, I don't think it will be a miraculous, Stoneheart-killing moment. If he escapes with his life, there is a reason for it, a deal being made. He still figures himself loyal to her, so maybe he'll work something else out like Brienne, but also he as good as told Catelyn in her former life that he pushed Bran. I'm in the camp that thinks Stoneheart really is Catelyn, just with a personality change. I don't think she's just vengeance with a rotting body. So I think she'll be more inclined to kill him.

I also think Jaime and Brienne with have a small reunion moment and then both will be killed. That is just so awful that it fits in this series. This theory might make sense if GRRM feels the need to cut back on POVs. Two down, all the Greyjoys to go!

surely, being vengeance in a rotting body, would make her more likely to kill him, than being the rational catelyn stark.

Archived