Theories on Jaime and Stoneheart?

King of Winters

surely, being vengeance in a rotting body, would make her more likely to kill him, than being the rational catelyn stark.

Rational Catelyn probably would have done the same had her throat not been slit and she escaped being a captive in the Twins

I do not see any scenario in which Jaime meets with UnCat and survives. Literally no chance. She won't give him another "task." She's all nooses and trees now.

He is either dead, or did not go to meet with her. Perhaps Brienne and Jaime ran off together.

I agree 100%. UnCat is not letting Jaime live if she gets her hands on him. Her "only remaining" son Robb was murdered in front of her eyes by Bolton, who said something like "Jaime Lannister sends his regards." I don't think Jaime knew in detail about the Red Wedding but that nuance will be lost on UnCat.

I think Brienne talked herself into some task but she's taking Jaime on some other adventure, not back to UnCat.

I personally think that Jamie and Brienne are on the way to get the other half of Oathkeeper, Widow's Wail. They will deliver her both half's of Ice and she will have it reforged. When the Smith who split the sword explains to Tywin that the Steel remembers and wants to be come back together.

I think then Catelyn will deliver Ice to Jon to be used in the battle against the Others

I personally think that Jamie and Brienne are on the way to get the other half of Oathkeeper, Widow's Wail. They will deliver her both half's of Ice and she will have it reforged. When the Smith who split the sword explains to Tywin that the Steel remembers and wants to be come back together.

I think then Catelyn will deliver Ice to Jon to be used in the battle against the Others

If that were the case, why would Brienne lie about where they are headed?

If that were the case, why would Brienne lie about where they are headed?

I don't know why she would lie about it, however the information we have when she arrives is very brief and from Jamie's POV. Maybe she just wants to get him away from his camp and followers before she can let him know her real plan or what's going on.

Archived