[Book Spoilers] Theon and "Boy"

Wow, aren't you just a fantastic human being.

This guy KILLED CHILDREN. Burned down his home, and needlessly killed people who he onced help serve. Fantastic human being? Sorry I don't find compasson for a guy, who be all defenition, is a monster. He deserves to be tortured again... and again... and again.

Awwww, but he is regreting all the bad stuff he did, because it didn't work out. Boo Hoo.

The part about Ned being like a real father was a bit of a shocker....but I just can't picture Ramsey being handsome....I picture him looking a bit more sinister.....but the scenes were great Theon actually admitting that he got wayyy in over his head....

This guy KILLED CHILDREN. Burned down his home, and needlessly killed people who he onced help serve. Wonderful human being? Sorry I don't find compasson for a guy, who be all defenition, is a monster. He deserves to be tortured again... and again... and again.

Awwww, but he is regreting all the bad stuff he did, because it didn't work out. Boo Hoo.

He let himself be talked into condoning killing two children to save face in a horrible situation. Yes, that was terrible. Don't forget, though, that he was a child who would have been killed by Ned Stark had Balon Greyjoy rebelled. That doesn't make it right, but there is some cultural relativity at play here.

He also didn't burn down Winterfell ... did he say he did in that monologue? If so, that's not accurate. Maybe he just blames himself for it, assuming that the Ironborn did it. How on earth did he burn down Winterfell if he was knocked unconscious before it was burned?

Pretty much everything about Theon's life is pathetic and pitiful and he deserves sympathy. I just can't even with the haters.

Ramsay is supposed to have kind of a pudgy, bloodless face. Roose also doesn't really look quite like I imagined - the bloke portraying him reminds of Vladimir Putin more than anyone else!

I suppose it is probably difficult to turn up slightly chubby blokes with colourless eyes so they just went with whoever impressed for the Ramsay role. And you can't say he's not playing it well. That look in his eyes when he returned Theon to the dungeon was chilling.

He let himself be talked into condoning killing two children to save face in a horrible situation. Yes, that was terrible. Don't forget, though, that he was a child who would have been killed by Ned Stark had Balon Greyjoy rebelled. That doesn't make it right, but there is some cultural relativity at play here.

He also didn't burn down Winterfell ... did he say he did in that monologue? If so, that's not accurate. Maybe he just blames himself for it, assuming that the Ironborn did it. How on earth did he burn down Winterfell if he was knocked unconscious before it was burned?

Pretty much everything about Theon's life is pathetic and pitiful and he deserves sympathy. I just can't even with the haters.

did I ever say he burned down winterfell? His actions LEAD to that happening, but he also beheaded the men he once served with, and had two chidlren, killed. Theon doesn't deserve sympathy. He was taken away from a father, who is a diguisting peron. He was given a good life, in Winterfell. He was raised as a lord, right along side every Stark child, and was treated better then Jon Snow. I don't see Jon, killing children, and betraying his family. Theon is a pathetic person, who is desperatly seeking approval because of his own shortcomings. He deserves everything that is coming to him, plain and simple. Go watch the Stark children SCREAMING and CRYING as he beheaded Ser Rodrick, as he whacks and slices, and kicks his head off. Go watch that and tell me he deserves any form of sympathy. He was given everything... and threw it all away because he was jealouse of his sister.

did I ever say he burned down winterfell? His actions LEAD to that happening, but he also beheaded the men he once served with, and had two chidlren, killed. Theon doesn't deserve sympathy. He was taken away from a father, who is a diguisting peron. He was given a good life, in Winterfell. He was raised as a lord, right along side every Stark child, and was treated better then Jon Snow. I don't see Jon, killing children, and betraying his family. Theon is a pathetic person, who is desperatly seeking approval because of his own shortcomings. He deserves everything that is coming to him, plain and simple. Go watch the Stark children SCREAMING and CRYING as he beheaded Ser Rodrick, as he whacks and slices, and kicks his head off. Go watch that and tell me he deserves any form of sympathy. He was given everything... and threw it all away because he was jealouse of his sister.

I doubt many would call it the good life for a young child to be forcibly taken away from their parents, siblings, friends, and home to be placed in an environment where everyone is distant and suspicious of them because of their family and culture. Furthermore, to be raised knowing that if your father messes up that your only friend's father will in return take off your head.

Furthermore, Theon wasn't better treated then Jon instead he remembers it being the other way or at least similar.

Moreover, I am sure there are numerous children who are distressed by Robb's armies killing their fathers, brothers, and friends but we don't consider Robb deserving of brutal torture.

Poor Theon indeed, but I loved seeing Ramsay's face when he showed his true colors. He was like a boy getting his Christmas gift :D

That scene was worth the wait! Now time to see how the "boy" has his fun with Theon and every other idiot he comes around with.

"My real father lost his head in King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong."

-Theon Greyjoy

I thought this was a really interesting turn for the show to take. Theon just barely gets there in ADWD, and even then, its only when he thinks about Robb and how he should have been with him and died with him at the RW.

But I didn't mind it. They're making Theon repentant and sympathetic earlier, probably because he's going to be tortured into Reek all season and they want viewers to come to support him. And Allen does a pretty good job of selling it: he's between two things, all his plans have gone awry, and he's finally realized that he made a terrible choice that's put him in his present predicament but was also wrong on its own merits (ie ordering the deaths of the miller's kids).

Although with Theon thinking of Ned as a father and Catelyn knitting whatever-the-hell-those-were for little Jon Snow, the tv series is really playing up notions of family and blood and parents, even more than the books do.

In ADWD's, doesn't Theon think something along the lines about the Starks being his real family?

I believe so, and he thought "I should've died beside Robb" or something like that.

I really hope they include that line somehow when they get to it. Have him tell it to himself, someone else, a horse, a white walker, somebody.

This guy KILLED CHILDREN. Burned down his home, and needlessly killed people who he onced help serve. Fantastic human being? Sorry I don't find compasson for a guy, who be all defenition, is a monster. He deserves to be tortured again... and again... and again.

Uh Theon didn't kill any children. That was Dagmar's doing (and Ramsay's in the books).

Yeah, Theon was treated "well" as in he was comfortable, but he was also treated with distance and mistrust by everyone except Robb (and Ned kept his distance b/c he may have to kill him). The effect on the psychology of someone who is taken away from his family at 10 (8 in the show) and knows that he WILL be killed if his rebellious father rebells, well ... I mean, that would have a huge effect on you, right?

I just love how people glorify the Starks to the point of thinking they "saved" Theon from his "awful family" by taking him hostage.

Archived