[Book Spoilers] Theon and "Boy"

"My real father lost his head in King's Landing. I made a choice, and I chose wrong."

-Theon Greyjoy

That line actually brought tears to my eyes. I have never felt sorry for Theon, but this line did allow me to momentarily empathize with him, for the first time. It was a nice line, well timed, and beautifully said by Alfie.

Some changes I don't like, this one I do - the mystery of not seeing him in the books for a while was ok. Here, being able to see part of what he is dealing with - very cool.

I'm still out on the "Ned was my father" line. I like it, but I don't like it at the same time. Need to see it again I think.

I've been watching this season with two friends who have either not read the books or not finished clash of kings. As soon as that Janitor looked up at Theon in the episode he was introduced, it was everything I could do not to scream at them about who that bastard was and the shit he will cause. It was very exciting to see him give his first crazy-eye-look-thing of the show and reveal himself as the bastard he is and watch my friends react. I'm excited to see how Iwan Rheon takes the role from here.

Great reveal.

But where will it go from here? The people who saw the screeners have only spoiled up to this exact point. Is this the end of Theon's arc for the season?

I think the big part of the second part of this arc is to establish who Ramsay is, as well as Theon really starting to break.

@basebornbastard He took him on a different route. I dont think it's the end of Theon's storyline, not at all, we will get to see more from the Bastard. Sadly, i think, after watching epispde 5 promo and 4's recap, that Theon wont be in it.

I've got more sympathy for TV Theon - largely as a result of the 'My REal Father...' scene - than I did for Book Theon, although of course no-one deserves to be brutalised by T'Bastard of Bolton etc etc etc.

I am now waiting for the transformation from Theon Greyjoy to The Hapless Boy Reek.

They are going through Theon's stroyline very fast. The only storyline he has in the last 3 books. At one point or another, it WILL be a problem.

My guess is, we don't see Theon during season 4.

Yeah, I think u are right. But the scenes are important for those, who dont read the books.

They are going through Theon's stroyline very fast. The only storyline he has in the last 3 books. At one point or another, it WILL be a problem.

My guess is, we don't see Theon during season 4.

Actually, the Reek chapters at the beginning of DwD take place roughly around the end of SoS.

Ramsay captures Theon at the end of CoK, and tortures him all throughout SoS, we just never see it in the books.

Chronologically, Theon's storyline makes sense so far.

Yeah, AFFC and ADWD plotlines will surely start by the end of season 4 ... I have no idea why people think "Theon is going to be tortured for 3 seasons" and all that nonsense. NO. The show is not the books ... things are going to move chronologically.

In the books I didn't forgive Theon for what he did until after a second reading of Dance.

But after:

"The only father I knew was beheaded in King's Landing"

I teared up and wanted to hug him and whisper into his ear "It's okay, I forgive you"

Damn you Alfie Allen, you made me forgive a murdering bastard ahead of schedule.

I thought it was a little early for Theon to come to the realization that betraying the Starks was a mistake, but it was very well done. Also, the actor playing Ramsay nailed his facial expressions. Downright terrifying.

I thought it was a little early for Theon to come to the realization that betraying the Starks was a mistake, but it was very well done. Also, the actor playing Ramsay nailed his facial expressions. Downright terrifying.

I don't think it was too early ... tbh, I think a lot of ppl don't give him enough credit and think he only regrets it b/c of Ramsay / torture ... but he seems to regret betraying the Starks in ACOK but he can't just back out after having gone so far (this is made very clear in the show). He feels guilty about killing the miller's/farmer's boys (he has nightmares about it ... plus nightmares about Robb). He is definitely already regretting his actions in ACOK - he even seriously considers taking the black.

Archived