How would you rate episode 304?  

867 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I do apologize for not using the quote button but I was using the abridged version of the site on my phone and the quote option wasn't available to me. Your statements -- “Whoever voted 5/10 should stop watching now. It won't get much better that this. Amazing.” “Blackwater had a small ammount of haters as well, and it was a masterpiece of television.” -- sounds terribly condescending, that's my opinion :). And FYI, I did enjoy the Blackwater episode.

And that was my opinion as well. I undestand how it can be considered condescending, but that was certainly not my intention. Well, no harm done.

But I still would like to know the reason behind that score. 5/10 because of some Pod jokes is a bit strong.

I gave it a 10.

Minus Theon and "Boy", the first half was a little slow for me.. probably because I knew what was to come with Dany and Craster's Keep and just kept waiting for that! But yeah, the episode gets a 10 alone just for dracarys.

Liked:

Dany tricking Kraznys

Theon and Boy

Mutiny at Craster's Keep

The Sept of Baelor, it was gorgeous!

Olenna and Varys "What happens when the nonexistent bumps against the decrepit?" Laugh. Out. Loud!

Sansa and Marg

Arya rooting out the Hound about Micah.

Did not like:

Ros and Varys. Especially the continued discussion about Pod's Package.

I was disappointed that Tywin didn't tell Cersei she has to remarry during that particular convo. But I'm sure it will pop up soon.

Varys's rushed story of how he was cut and the magician who did it. It was just rushed and weird.

Bran's brief, odd scene.

Lord Beric. Ha, drastic change from season 1 (yes I get he's not supposed to looks the same but they got a totally different actor).

Excuse me while I watch the encore and drool over Dany again :)

Honestly I haven't seen a bad actor on this show. Maybe it's because I am only on the second book and watched the show first, but I really like all the characters even Shae. Emilia Clarke plays a great role in my opinion, she was green at first but starts to come out of her shell, it's exactly how she is in the book.

I completely agree (about Emilia Clarke) She is on screen as I imagined her from the books. I do not like the way Royce Dotrice makes her sound on the audible, but not much could've been done about that.

Edited by Arya Stalka

9/10. Amazing. The only reason it's not 10/10 is because of the added unnescessary scenes and deviations from the book.

Same here. 9 for the Jaime, Theon, Arya/Hound/BWB, Craster's keep and Astapor scenes; minus 1 for Tyrion, Varys, and Ros' scenes - they took away a lot of time in this episode if all combined together. QOT, Cersei, and Tywin's scenes are okay.

Edited by Sheira Seastar

I completely agree (about Emilia Clarke) She is on screen as I imagined her from the books. I do not like the way Royce Dotrice makes her sound on the audible, but not much could've been done about that.

I think its fair to say that everyone rocked the smallclothes in the acting department during this episode. I hope Clarke keeps it up. A good hammy Dany is good times.

10 because no matter how hard I pushed the button, it wouldn't give out a 12.

Could quite possibility be the best episode of the series. The ending was just as epic as I thought in the book. ty god for book Dany being back.

Edited by Died a Hero

Been a complainer about this season but tonight they did a great job. Wasn't even bothered by the sections that completely ignored the story line./don't know where they are going with Varys and Littlefinger

enjoyed The Queen of Thrones and Varys tète e tétè

Emilia Clarke owned it!! she was perfect, perfect and the the Astaphor storyline was really good

Lannister scenes excellent---such good casting for that family--all act brilliantly

Crasters---well done but where is Mormonts raven?

pacing was much improved

I am in for the season....

Ramsay story different from the book but it seems it will get to the same dark place

Exceptional episode, I found it to have a certain nuance.

Sophie Turner has completely won me over. With all the attention that Maisie Williams received from season 2 for her excellent work portraying Arya, Sohpie was overlooked somewhat. That will NOT be the case with this season in my opinion. Her scene with Margery was incredible work, it won't surprise me if HBO submits it to the Emmy committee for consideration. A slight deviation from the books of course, the suggestion for her to marry Loras as opposed to his brother, but a forgivable one when you see the performance Sophie turned out responding to that suggestion. I've never been a Sansa fan in the books, nor the HBO adaptation, but Sophie Turner's portrayal has slowly been building block by block this season, and I believe episode 4 tonight isn't the culmination, but merely the jump off point to some incredible performances yet to come. I'm very, VERY encouraged, and looking forward to more.

I watched this episode tonight at a friends place with a 30+ foot screen home theater room, with a couple dozen other friends and co workers. Dany's final scenes, the last five minutes or so, the place was pandemonium, and when she gave her Dracarys order to Drogon, I couldn't even hear any of the actors words for the next minute as everyone was going berserk cheering.

Compared with season 2, it's my opinion that HBO and the production team has really increased the tempo much sooner this year. If this is what we can expect this early in season 3, I have great expectations for what is yet to come.

10/10 from me, hands down my favorite episode in the entire series so far, with episode 9 from season 2 of course being the "gold standard".

Edited by Cornishman

You know Dany is getting a lot hype this episode EmilIa deserves it. But I thought one of the more intrestinng moments of the Episode was Theon's reveal about his feelings about Ned Stark. It's a moment where Theons reality check sinks in hard for him and shortly after that reality real does set in. It's change from the books, but I can understand it, he met his real father, dude is a first class turd, and the man who raised him the last 10 years of his life was everything to him his own father wasn't.

oh and we have the first four, bet someone throws something lower than a 4 up there just so they can be the person to give it the lowest score. A 4? The setting, sets, props, film location and special effects alone are enough to give it a better score than that any day of the week.

Let me guess Dany wasn't wearing the right dress, or Theon should not be in the episode, or the Nights watch outfits are not black enough. A 4? Come on, that's a BS a score, if you don't like the show that much you might want to watch something else. I want to see the full 4 review, show me all the bad.

WOWOWOWOW

Loving the Tyrell women. Both were fantastic.

NW at Craster's Keep was perfect. Poor Old Bear :(

Brienne & Jaime scenes were gold.

Tywin's lines were epic. Really gave off the 'you don't mess with this guy' vibe

Lots of Varys. A lot of new (non-book) stuff there but the actor is so good he makes it work for me.

Theon's breakdown and then getting a taste of deception. Well done there.

Beric Dondarrion came across as epic as he does in the books. The Hound and Arya were both great in that scene. It was really the highlight of the episode but then...

WOWOWOW Dany! She just blew my mind today. Everything about that scene was so perfect. WOW!

10/10 :D

I gave it an 8, although I might change it to a 9.

Pros:

-That AMAZING deranged look in Iwan Rheon's eyes when Theon is recaptured. Dude was born to play Ramsay

-Speaking of Boltons, does anybody else think Burn Gorman would make a good Roose?

-Burn Gorman is Craster's reckoning

-Final scene was good, but I imagined it to be a lot more climactic and brutal, just to drive home Dany's conqueror side

-Marge/Joff was surprisingly good. It's amazing how Gleeson manages to humanize such an utterly repulsive character

-High Valyrian sounds great, and Clarke did a good job in that final scene

-Cersei/Tywin. Now THAT'S how you create a new scene while staying true to the story and characters. Oh, and really liked the repeated close-up of Tywin's letters

-Jaime/Brienne-good as always. I don't think NCW said 5 words in the entire episode, but still managed to remain captivating

-Theon's monologue-apart from the Ned being his real father bit.

-Hound/Dondarrion scene was good

Cons:

-Big HUH? on Varys finding the sorcerer. Although it does illustrate his power, it just was a bit surprising. Not sure how to react to it.

-NO MORMONT'S LAST WORDS???? ARE YOU SERIOUS? The Old Bear deserved better. Far better.

-I heard a lot of talk about how the episodes are longer this year, but so far, they seem to be the same length as last season

-Varys' monologue about his castration. I imagined it to be quite ominous. IDK, it just felt too matter-of-fact to me

You know Dany is getting a lot hype this episode EmilIa deserves it. But I thought one of the more intrestinng moments of the Episode was Theon's reveal about his feelings about Ned Stark. It's a moment where Theons reality check sinks in hard for him and shortly after that reality real does set in. It's change from the books, but I can understand it, he met his real father, dude is a first class turd, and the man who raised him the last 10 years of his life was everything to him his own father wasn't.

I agree 100% with this. I had actually forgotten about mentioning this when I wrote my post, as SO much happened in tonight's episode. I'll be re watching it again several times tonight - as I said, nuances.

I've complained numerous times here that the sense of scale in terms of the size of the forces was a huge weak point in the entire series. Even in "Blackwater", if you count the number of troops on screen, even at the maximums, you get a company or a very light battalion's worth of troops on the screen at any given time, hardly the numbers that GRRM has represented in the books. As much as I hated to compare "Spartacus" to GOT, this was one place where Spartacus actually did a good job, of giving the viewer scenes with HUGE numbers of forces in the field.

Well, tonight, the HBO team really hit the nail right smack on the head with the Unsullied representations, particularly in the final scene - that is how deployed forces should appear in the ASOIAF world: regiments and regiments of troops. I can't wait for more, I hope they follow suit with the other major houses and their forces in the field in future episodes.

8/10.

I love Varys but his scene with Tyrion and the sorcerer was kinda wtf? for me. That and his scene with Ros were my least favorite parts of this episode.

But overall I loved it. The QoT and Marg get better with every episode.