(Book Spoilers) Jaime

My biggest problem with this episode is the beginning of Jamie's scene. I Hated that they had his severed hand around Jamie's neck. They should've followed GRRM's brilliance and hung his hand around Brienne so it was slapping her tits. it's the little things that matter and that would've been better. All and all Jamie looked like a broken bitch.

Jaime does actually drink the horsepiss in the book too

Once they handed him a cup and he quaffed it straight away, trembling, and the Brave Companions burst into laughter so loud and harsh it hurt his ears. “That’s horse piss you’re drinking, Kingslayer,” Rorge told him. Jaime was so thirsty he drank it anyway, but afterward he retched it all back up.

My biggest problem with this episode is the beginning of Jamie's scene. I Hated that they had his severed hand around Jamie's neck. They should've followed GRRM's brilliance and hung his hand around Brienne so it was slapping her tits. it's the little things that matter and that would've been better. All and all Jamie looked like a broken bitch.

He is a broken bitch. That was the point. Then he will snap out of it.

Jaime's hand was tied around his neck in the books. But there was also a part where they put them both in the same saddle, facing eachother, so the hand did bounce off her tits in that moment

Why would Vargo Hoat tie Jaime's hand around Brienne's neck? If this happened as you say in the book (which it doesn't) why would it be even better than having it tied around Jaime's own neck?

Nicolaj is doing an amazing job. Unbelievable actually.

I loved that he looked dead in his eyes as he was riding the horse, in both scenes.There was no life in them and that is not an easy thing to do for an actor or anyone. There is usually a spark of some kind. But not last night! Jaime's eyes were dead

So you basically hate the fact that they didn't portray something as it was in the books, which would OF COURSE have been better, despite the fact that they actually portrayed it as it is in the books, and what you considered to be better, since it was in the books, never happened, expecially in the books. That is book purism at its finest!

This scene was amazing - it captivated me, especially since I knew "Dracarys!" was coming - in that moment I did not care and was content to just watch it. I think NCW and G. Christie are both doing such an excellent job. I do feel sorry for Jaime. Really, all of the actors are really stepping up this season. It's very exciting.

I loved that he looked dead in his eyes as he was riding the horse, in both scenes.There was no life in them and that is not an easy thing to do for an actor or anyone. There is usually a spark of some kind. But not last night! Jaime's eyes were dead

NCW is Jaime Lannister. Can't imagine anyone else doing it.

If anyone wins an emmy this year, I think it should be Emilia. (From What We have seen so far)

Hell maybe they both will, this show trumps anything on TV since Deadwood

Emilia's very good this season but NCW is being put to the test in portraying a broken Jaime. Emilia is just doing the strong fearless leader role.

NCW is simply awesome as Jaime, since when Jaime was at his best and now that he is in the bottom his acting is brilliant. Last episode's scenes made me upset from start, I mean only to see the hand on his neck was shocking. It was cruel while reading the book, but to actually watch it was really painful, specially because NCW does it so well, the look on his face was a heart breaker. I love all his scenes with Brienne, always very exciting to watch.

Yeah, preach. And it's a shame that it was Jaime's hand around his neck, rather than Brienne's left foot, like it was in the book.

I think I'll go :read: that chapter again.

;)

I first thought he was drinking human piss. I'm sure there's not much difference but I can at least picture someone carrying that around in certain situations, none of them pertaining to the mummers though.

Somebody's been listening to Bear Grylls it seems. :P

Yes, yes. Let the sympathizing begin!

Because enjoying someone's character arc is the same thing as sympathizing! Because respecting Nikolaj as an actor means we approve of what Jaime did! Because feeling pity and revulsion are mutually exclusive concepts!

I actually kinda liked that Jaime has some skill with his non-fighting hand, or the wirters at least keeping open the possiblity that Jaime might be as good with that other hand after he gets a chance to recover and train, instead of almost completly useless as he became in the books.

My mother is reluctantly starting to sympathize with him now, and my friends. FINALLY!

The opening scene was very moving and incredibly well done. It starts with your "just" pitying his situation and ends with you mortified with how helpless he actually is, and how cruelly treated. I also loved their second scene, when she encourages him to eat and live, especially since they through Brienne explained why his selling Vargo (oh, I know he's called Locke on the show but I can't bring myself to stop calling him Vargo) on sapphires last week was so incredible. The fact that there are no sapphires on Tarth and that he knows it enhances that it is an act of genuine kindness and compassion, since it is evident that it is a lie he came up with just to save her from rape.

Jaime <3

This is his season and I hope Coster-Waldau will be rewarded for his portrayal of Jaime when award season is coming up. Both he and Christie excel in their roles and Jaime's and Brienne's storyline is definitely my favourite. I'm happy they are staying so true to it.

Oh and I liked that he was quite apt with his left hand as well. It does emphasize that he is/was a great swordsman that he isn't utterly helpless with a sword even if it's the wrong hand. I also loved how he reached for the sword with his stump when he dropped it, before he realized he had to use his left hand. Reflexes are reflexes and it's realistic that he does.

Archived