(Book Spoilers) Jaime

Many thanks! Guess dominant hands aren't really something I pay attention to until it's a major plot element lol. Also very nice to see Jaime in fighting form again (well, obvious repercussions for the good folks of Winterfell aside).

I only looked up the video to see if he might be a lefty naturally. I think there might be something wrong with a person who pays attention and remembers characters' dominant hands :P

Nikolaj is a perfect Jaime, it's like he just walked out of the books.

Yes, this! For awhile I thought NCW had too much rugged masculinity to portray the Jaime of my imagination (I pictured more...delicate...facial features), but all those reservations have long since gone out the window. He's perfection: both physically and in terms of his portrayal of the character.

Did kind of laugh out loud when one of my friends asked, "Uh, why does that guy carry around a flask of horse piss?"

Laughed out loud reading your post, because I had the same reaction, even though I read the books

Yes, this! For awhile I thought NCW had too much rugged masculinity to portray the Jaime of my imagination (I pictured more...delicate...facial features), but all those reservations have long since gone out the window. He's perfection: both physically and in terms of his portrayal of the character.

NCW embodies Jaime, from day one he's been one of the best portrayals on the show and the material hes getting this season is finally giving the chance to show what a fantastic actor he is.

I'll admit back when S1 first aired he didnt look how I magined him (even now when i read the books i imagine him exactly like this http://en.amokanet.ru/netcat_files/158/163/h_deeb1a295b754ba84d8a96329f1b1591)

But now I think hes perfect, the mannerisms, the wit, his speech, everything.

Has Jaime killed a child? I must've missed that scene.

I did read the scene where he intended for Bran to die, in order to protect his own children. Does that excuse his actions? No, but it perhaps explains them. Was it twisted and wrong? Yes. Was it a man/father/lover choosing the lesser of two evils? Yes. In Jaime's mind, Bran's death would save his own children and sister from death. Not a nice choice to have to make, but he made it nonetheless.

:leaving:

Indeed, just like Cersei. Everything she does, she does for Tommen, a mother choosing the lesser evils.

:leaving:

The show is doing an excellent job in conveying his brokenness. Without his hand, he feels as if he's nothing. And the way Locke and co. are treating him isn't helping. The horse piss was just fucking brutal. You really do feel sorry for the bastard who pushed Bran out the window. And thus begins character redemption arc.

Archived