Did anybody notice (Book Spoilers) that...

She's been wearing that tight scarf all season, it doesn't mean anything. (I had noticed the scarf in a trailer and wondered the exact same thing, but it was a false alarm after all.)

correct - but she did seem stone like as she was about to push bran off the tree

The Cat scene was a mirror of the scene she had with Bran in the very first episode of the series (before he got crippled), it was just a slightly different take that evolved into more urgency (on account that it was a dream sequence). The dialogue is word for word.

No foreshadowing to be had, you're looking to see something that isn't there.

The Cat scene was a mirror of the scene she had with Bran in the very first episode of the series (before he got crippled), it was just a slightly different take that evolved into more urgency (on account that it was a dream sequence). The dialogue is word for word.

No foreshadowing to be had, you're looking to see something that isn't there.

I agree. No forshadowing involved. If anything, it's like in the books where he cannot see Jaime's face and he is just replacing it with his mother's warning.

I originally thought foreshadowing to Lady Stoneheart too and it felt like she got paler and paler as she spoke but when I rewatched it shot by shot - it was just trick of light - she didn't get paler and wore that scarf before. So no foreshadowing. false alarm

I rewatched it. her face did got paler. You can notice the difference between her normal skin tone and the pale one if you watch her neck and ears compared to her face.

she seems pretty desperate and nervous, like she will be at the RW when she begs for Robb's life and fails

This has nothing to do with a prediction. It has to do with the mental state of Bran. To be free Bran has to do everything in his dreams that is possible (just like us). If we broke our arm we can still dream about playing baseball. But because just before Bran fall Cat warned him not to climb anymore. This will hold him down. And to fulfill his destiny he needs to let go of this. So probably in the end he will confront his mother and say he can fly.

It's not a scarf, it's her chemise/shirt under her main dress. Pretty much everyone in Winterfell wears them. Granted, it's a weird design, that gathers at the neck into a thin band that's sewn over it, (and can't be that comfortable.)

And yes, she got paler and more grey (and more feral) as the scene went on. Very subtle and awesome post coloring. Brilliant.

Archived