[Book spoilers] Dracarys is perfect but...

To start off I'd like to state that just like pretty much everyone else, I loved the scene.

I had chills running down my spine when she started speaking High Valyrian and I went crazy when the time for Dracarys came. I loved the way Emilia acted and how her Valyrian was close to perfection.

I want to state though, that I really didn't like the fact that Kraznys just stood there after receiving the dragon.

Obviously, it's cool right? You get one of the first dragons hatched in ages? But he just stands there, watching the dragon, for such a long time... Dany has time for her whole "zen moment" and ordering the Unsullied to march and such while he just stands there.

Now don't get me wrong. I know there are arguments like; "He just got a dragon, he's shocked." and "He made a businessdeal so it's normal to wait for a while." or something.

The other part of me though, feels like he KNEW that the dragon would be very wild and possibly angry for having to leave it's mother. I think the actual Kraznys would first of all lock the dragon in a cage (suppose he lost his grip and the dragon flew away?) and he would also leave the scene of trade pretty quickly. It's made clear how he has no respect whatsoever for Dany so once the deal is done he wants nothing else from her. I just don't think he would stand there, still and silent, waiting for something to happen.

It's just something that bugged me while watching it and I was wondering if there was anyone else with the same feeling.

I think it was a very arrogant move not to have a cage ready and I think he had the delusions of taming a dragon just like he 'tamed' the unsullied. And I think it was a very wondrous moment for him, too. Sort of thinking "Ah, it'd be cool to have a dragon, I'll be almighty" and then realizing "Oh wait, I have a dragon, an actual dragon, hold on, what now?"

And of course halfway through Dany's big moment we can see how he is struggling because he can't control the dragon.

This is a bit silly, but I felt like he expected a Harry Potter moment. You know when Potter first held the wand in the wand shop and lights started flickering and there was a wind machine involved and oh the magic. I think Kraznys expected something like that, a magical moment that shows how powerful he is, because it is a dragon after all. So I felt he acted like a person who is stupid and power-hungry and arrogant and at the same time too stunned to realize what is going on around him and I think that's pretty much the character.

I think it worked out pretty much as I'd expected - he completely disregards Dany, so in his opinion anything that she has under control obviously he would be able to control

On top of that he holds the symbolic whip of the Unsullied, he receives the chain for the dragons so he should be the rightful master - that's how his thought process is working. Not that this is a potentially intelligent, loyal creature to Dany. He sees it as property, she sees it as a child.

I want to state though, that I really didn't like the fact that Kraznys just stood there after receiving the dragon.

Obviously, it's cool right? You get one of the first dragons hatched in ages? But he just stands there, watching the dragon, for such a long time... Dany has time for her whole "zen moment" and ordering the Unsullied to march and such while he just stands there.

Now don't get me wrong. I know there are arguments like; "He just got a dragon, he's shocked." and "He made a businessdeal so it's normal to wait for a while." or something.

It seemed to me he wanted to take the dragon away, but had difficulty doing anything with it. Even holding on to it.

I think it worked out pretty much as I'd expected - he completely disregards Dany, so in his opinion anything that she has under control obviously he would be able to control

On top of that he holds the symbolic whip of the Unsullied, he receives the chain for the dragons so he should be the rightful master - that's how his thought process is working. Not that this is a potentially intelligent, loyal creature to Dany. He sees it as property, she sees it as a child.

:agree:

Well, he just saw Danny calmly walk over to him holding the handle/chain like it was nothing. He was likely first in amazement, followed by frustration that the Dragon was struggling so much. It's not like he was just standing there. He was struggling with Drogon from the start and eventually told the girl to tell Danny that the Dragon was struggling.

Eh, I thought it was normal. I thought from his perspective, the way it should play out is, I get the dragon, she gets the whip, I wait for a bit, business like and keeping up the respectful pretences until she leaves or at least starts leaving while I hold the dragon, then hand the chain to a slave or put the dragon in a cage and go from there. If you're Kraznys, and you've just finished what is probably the biggest deal in your lifetime, would you just go, 'Ok, here's the whip, bye now', turn around and leave? I think it was a business like 'I will stay here until the customer has left'. It didn't hurt that the entire city was watching him as well.

Dragons are fucking strong. He tried to reel it in towards him but couldn't.

Yeah - he was still standing there because he couldn't get Drogon to behave. And why would he bring a cage for him? He had Dany's cage. She wouldn't need it anymore after giving away the dragon so he could take it. But mainly he was unable to get Drogon to follow his command and had no control.

This whole scene was badass. I watched it about 5 times. The look on Jorah's and Missandei's faces when Dany started talking to the Unsullied in Valaryian was awesome. Missandei was like 'wait, what? Oh nooo, you guys are in trouble now!' and Jorah was completely stunned that she had a plot that she didn't tell him about and I think he was most likely turned out by his bad ass dragon queen. lol

I thought how he reacted was plausible. He hadnt seen the dragons he negotiated for 1 dragon the biggest but maybe

the reality of actually holding the chain of a dragon was over whelming. He had no reason to believe Dany had designs

on killing him and the slave masters, for him slavery is a necessary part of life. He asks messandei to tell Daenerys

that her dragon will not come to him, i think that he assumed that Dany only had control over Drogon because of

the chain through training, as for Dany speaking Valyrian and he ignores it, well perhaps when she was commanding

the army to move forward and halt he was thinking messandei had shown her the commands. thats why i thought

the look on Messandeis face was priceless , she was the only one in the moment that realised the implications.

Kraznys faith was sealed the moment he handed the whip to Dany and explained its significance. While she

was commanding the unsullied to kill and the masters with whips, soliders and to spare any child and to break the chains

of any slave The sheer size of Daenerys new army stunned any solider that would defend Krazny, they knew that the

unsullied were hers now.

Also, not to nitpick but I thought the Valyrian reveal was kinda bad in terms of dialogue. "You speak Valyrian?" I know it's hard to be subtle because they don't want it to go over peoples' heads but I thought that line was badly written.

That was one line, from a not especially eloquent person in moment of surprise. DId you expect "O, Whore of Westeros, speakest thou Valyrian? Quelle surprise!". Your nitpicking is invalid.

Edit: Also, what #4 and #7 said regarding Kraznys. In my mind, it felt natural.

Nailed it.

Also, not to nitpick but I thought the Valyrian reveal was kinda bad in terms of dialogue. "You speak Valyrian?" I know it's hard to be subtle because they don't want it to go over peoples' heads but I thought that line was badly written.

Yeah, it was pretty terrible. Though it her response more than made up for it -- Valyrian sounds awesome.

There are always moments in TV (not just this show) where people have to kind of stand by and wait for a moment or a line and it may not always seem like the most natural thing to do. In this case, Dany speak old dialect to the Unsullied while he is preoccupied with Drogon, then he slips out another "bitch" and she drops the very scarily delivered, "A dragon is not a slave" line. It was about the "BANG" moment. He could've walked off or put Drogon in a cage, but it seemed like Dany had this idea anyway. He would've just taken a spear instead of getting Dracarys'd.

To start off I'd like to state that just like pretty much everyone else, I loved the scene.

I had chills running down my spine when she started speaking High Valyrian and I went crazy when the time for Dracarys came. I loved the way Emilia acted and how her Valyrian was close to perfection.

The other part of me though, feels like he KNEW that the dragon would be very wild and possibly angry for having to leave it's mother. I think the actual Kraznys would first of all lock the dragon in a cage (suppose he lost his grip and the dragon flew away?) and he would also leave the scene of trade pretty quickly. It's made clear how he has no respect whatsoever for Dany so once the deal is done he wants nothing else from her. I just don't think he would stand there, still and silent, waiting for something to happen.

It's just something that bugged me while watching it and I was wondering if there was anyone else with the same feeling.

Ha, I did think it was kind of silly how long Kraznys was standing there staring at flapping Drogon.I'm like "you better run, you don't know what's coming to you!" I guess he couldn't get it to come down or move or anything, so he just hung out there on the platform and kept trying.

Archived