I just got it! (derp moments)

MyLittleDirewolf

One thing that just dawned on me: Iron Bank of Braavos and what they do if they don't get their money = Iron Price.

Another one that was mentioned in a show thread: Blackfish = Black Sheep. OK, that never occurred to me!

I also didn't pick up on Abel the Bard = Mance until the last minute.

Share your OMG I just got it moments.

I'm not sure about the Iron price thing, I think that's just a Iron Islands saying. I think it's suggested that the Iron Bank are a lot more scheming and subtle in their debt recovery methods.

Also, I was totally the same with Abel - to the point where I was annoyed that he was being mentioned so much in the Theon chapters.

I'm not sure about the Iron price thing, I think that's just a Iron Islands saying. I think it's suggested that the Iron Bank are a lot more scheming and subtle in their debt recovery methods.

True (re: Iron price), but it occurred to me that the Iron Bank will send out a Faceless Man to kill you if you don't pay. Of course they try other methods first, but that is the ultimate price. Maybe there isn't a connection and it's just coincidence, but the whole Iron thing made me think. Also, isn't the coin Jaquen gives Arya made of iron? And the FM are all about giving the gift of death.

I am proud to confess that I knew that Abel = Mance the moment he arrived at the scene. But I had many facepalm moments.

I don't remember the exact quotes, but IIRC, Cat was thinking about how her father said something like "Each family has its black sheep" and Bryndon Tully laughed and replied "Blackfish in this case". Is that what you are referring to? Or is there a character named "Black Sheep" in the story? If so, I completely missed that.

Edit: typos

I am proud to confess that I knew that Abel = Mance the moment he arrived at the scene. But I had many facepalm moments.

I don't remember the exact quotes, but IIRC, Cat was thinking about how her father said something like "Each family has its black sheep" and Bryndon Tully laughed and replayed "Blackfish in this case". Is that what you are referring to? Or is there a character named "Black Sheep" in the story? If so, I completely missed that.

Blackfish = Blacksheep

he used his nickname to mock, as Tully's sigil is a fish

One thing that just dawned on me: Iron Bank of Braavos and what they do if they don't get their money = Iron Price.

IIRC the Braavosi economy uses worthless iron coins backed by the Iron Bank's gold: The iron bank name comes from minting them iron coins.

Braavos can lend absurd quantities of gold because they're not minting their gold and using it as currency, it's purely for foreign trade.

I don't remember the exact quotes, but IIRC, Cat was thinking about how her father said something like "Each family has its black sheep" and Bryndon Tully laughed and replied "Blackfish in this case". Is that what you are referring to? Or is there a character named "Black Sheep" in the story? If so, I completely missed that.

Edit: typos

Yes, that's what I'm referring to. I must have missed it or something ,because it really didn't dawn on me until I read a post pointing it out. I just thought he was the Blackfish because it sounded cool.

Iron Price, it's not from the Iron Bank, it's a popular idea of Iron Born, people from Iron Islands

OK, maybe it is just a coincidence. I was thinking about both being Iron and having death as the ultimate price. I know Iron Price is an Ironborn thing, but I was like maybe that's where they picked it up, from the Braavosi.

Thanks. I love Blackfish, I hope he has a big part to play in the next books.

Back to the OP, when it was revealed that LF helped Sansa to escape KL, I was shocked. Did not see it coming at all!

He'll have a bigger part, it's assumued he's hidden somewhere with the real Jeyne Westerling, as people believe the one who left Riverrun with Jaime is a fake one, a servant or her sister, and it's believed she's carrying a baby, that's why Blackfish hid her, Robb's son or daughter

i'm surprised that abel=mance (missed the bael anagram bit though) wasn't as obvious to some people. there are a lot of things i didn't pick up on, though, first time through, namely sandor=gravedigger, and i thought the knight of the laughing tree was howland reed (hey, still could be).

Archived