If there was a prequel series written

Dragonstar

Which characters and time period would you want to see

I personally would like to see more or Olenna Tyrell.... And some backstory on lord commander Mormont. And johanna lannister, And basically everything and everyone else too but those would be w good start for me

Something about Ned & Robert growing up in the Eyrie, following them as they grow up (their relationships with their siblings, the Lannister twins, their parents and advisors), then ending with the tourney at Harrenhall.

I would choose the greyjoy rebellion and have povs from ned,jaime,stannis,theon,victarion ect

That's a good one, too.

to be fair i would like to know the whole history of the world. the long night and history of the first men is fascinating.

but i would love to read a story that centered around the previous generation of stark children: brandon, eddard, lyanna, and benjen.

there's an ssm where martin said he'd like the stories to cover duncan's entire lifespan.

He also mentioned that it could be made into a show, in one of those youtube interviews, to fill the space if the show catches up to him before he finishes.

The Defiance of Duskendale would be nice, viewed from various pov's. I mean it must have been the greatest crisis of Aerys reign up until Roberts Rebellion. How did the Defiance affect the dissidents of the realm, those who would later join the Rebellion? Lots of interesting questions that could be answered really..

Yes and hopefully they will go all the way to how BR and Aemon ended up at the wall, and what happened at Summerhall.

Agreed, though "watching" Egg (and Dunk) die is probably going to be more traumatizing than the RW for me - it's bad enough to know it happens. Still, I would like to know the details and reasons (details being the key word, I think we have a general idea of what went down).

If he did another prequel series, I would like it to be from a period of time that's not described in any detail yet, so as to be free. I suppose I'd like to know more of the "history" of Westeros, and whether they actually have 8000 years of recorded history, because I have always been a bit skeptical about that (I don't doubt many characters believe it, though).

Agreed, though "watching" Egg (and Dunk) die is probably going to be more traumatizing than the RW for me - it's bad enough to know it happens. Still, I would like to know the details and reasons (details being the key word, I think we have a general idea of what went down).

If he did another prequel series, I would like it to be from a period of time that's not described in any detail yet, so as to be free. I suppose I'd like to know more of the "history" of Westeros, and whether they actually have 8000 years of recorded history, because I have always been a bit skeptical about that (I don't doubt many characters believe it, though).

A Bloodraven story would be perfect for that, considering his connection to the Weirwoods he would be able to see the most of it's history. But it would have to come out after ADoS or else it would spoil things.

I'll be happy just to see the final installments of ASOIAF.

No arguments there, though GRRM has stated that he doesn't work exclusively on ASOIAF. Since he's doing D&E, a bit of the show, and several unrelated things, writing and otherwise (he has a life, in other words, heh!), it's not really a case of "ASOIAF vs other things".

I would choose the greyjoy rebellion and have povs from ned,jaime,stannis,theon,victarion ect

1000x this. I would love POV's from children versions of Theon and Asha, and from Cat back home at Winterfell with her kids. Most of all though I'd like to read about Aeron drowning and his conversion to becoming a priest.

Archived