Hound and Arya [SPOILERS]

A couple of the non-book readers I know watching the show have Arya as their favorite character. More scenes with them together should be great.

Understatement of the whole series! Arya! Seriously when I read the books I had to force myself not to skip ahead to her chapters. I'm hard pressed but I think Arya is and will continue to be the best storyline/character with a Dany as the close second.

I don't think the inn should be this series. There will be enough fallout from the RW as it is so Ep 10 will have a lot going on.

I wouldn't mind if the last scene of the series was

a wolf running through the forest hunting something ahead that you can't quite see. The wolf comes up to a pond and looks in. It sees its own face and the face is Arya.

Would be mind=blown for viewers, it would justify Bran's story and it would be a forshadowing of the 'blind girl' events later.

I doubt they will do it though.

Rory is amazing as the hound. I hope they do his character justice after turning him into a silent piece of furniture for most of season one and two.

The FUCKING Hound!!!!!

Best character in the books and it's great seeing Rory get more lines and screentime. Last season's blackwater episode was awesome and I'm grinning thinking about what's to come over the next two seasons. Rory's starting to show the Hound's underlying, boiling rage well.

I don't think the inn should be this series. There will be enough fallout from the RW as it is so Ep 10 will have a lot going on.

I wouldn't mind if the last scene of the series was

a wolf running through the forest hunting something ahead that you can't quite see. The wolf comes up to a pond and looks in. It sees its own face and the face is Arya.

Would be mind=blown for viewers, it would justify Bran's story and it would be a forshadowing of the 'blind girl' events later.

I doubt they will do it though.

Right on. As long as she's at the RW in the mix, I'm in. The inn should kick he story into high gear in the first ep or two next season.

Understatement of the whole series! Arya! Seriously when I read the books I had to force myself not to skip ahead to her chapters. I'm hard pressed but I think Arya is and will continue to be the best storyline/character with a Dany as the close second.

Arya is the best storyline, agreed. The other one, not so much, lol.

Rory is amazing as the hound. I hope they do his character justice after turning him into a silent piece of furniture for most of season one and two.

This so much. He's one of the best characters in the book and it's such a shame his character got no delvelopment in Season 1 & 2. Fingers crossed his journeys with Arya get extended into Season 4 and they put in his character development from the second book!

There's NO WAY the Hound can be bad if Arya decided not to kill him.

I prefer their journey to pretty much every other one. Even jamie-brienne, and especially tyrion's lol.

I agree I looked forward to every Arya chapter in SoS.

For a story ,set on Westeros, I was more impressed with the fight at the inn and Arya's recovery of Needle than I was of RW.

There I have said it!

I agree I looked forward to every Arya chapter in SoS.

For a story ,set on Westeros, I was more impressed with the fight at the inn and Arya's recovery of Needle than I was of RW.

There I have said it!

I saw the RW coming a mile away. I preferred the Hound/Arya part of the RW anyway.

I don't think the inn should be this series. There will be enough fallout from the RW as it is so Ep 10 will have a lot going on. I wouldn't mind if the last scene of the series was

a wolf running through the forest hunting something ahead that you can't quite see. The wolf comes up to a pond and looks in. It sees its own face and the face is Arya. Would be mind=blown for viewers, it would justify Bran's story and it would be a forshadowing of the 'blind girl' events later. I doubt they will do it though.

That, sir, is brilliant and would be amazing no matter where/when they decided to show it. It would have a slap in the face effect even if it wasn't the season ender...

What did the Hound mean when he referred to Micah as a "bleeder"? It sounded like an excuse to me.

It's just the Hound being 'raw' and remembering the butcher's boy, but not caring particularly about his fate

I saw the RW coming a mile away. I preferred the Hound/Arya part of the RW anyway.

You are more observant than I. I literally changed emotions mid sentence and was shocked...

The Hound and Jaime couldn't be more different but I see them both as the disillusioned types that have given up on honor in others and themselves. But every once in while, they are reminded and behave truly like knights.

Am really looking forward to how this develops character-wise!

Same :] Rory is such a fantastic actor. I love The Hound.

Most epic line yet.

"I never touched the Targaryn babes... I never saw them, never smelled them, never held them, balling. You wanna cut my throat, GET ON WITH IT!!!! but don't call me murderer and pretend that you are not."

So So So Awesome

Sandor is outstanding. Bugger the writers for taking away so much of his interaction with Sansa and giving his story to Littlefinger. He could have told her Bugger on your Ser and told her how he was burned, opening himself up; but at the same time threatening to kill her if she ever told anyone.

Sandor is one of my favorites in the books as well and Arya is my favorite, so I'm really hoping for lots of scenes without adulteration. But, they could easily screw this up, like they did Jon Snow and Quorin last season.

The Hound and Jaime couldn't be more different but I see them both as the disillusioned types that have given up on honor in others and themselves. But every once in while, they are reminded and behave truly like knights.

Am really looking forward to how this develops character-wise!

The South to North travels of Arya and Sandor and North to South travels of Jaime and Brienne are very much opposite sides of the same coin. Both become more like their captors. Arya becomes more like Sandor: a killer who is driven by revenge. Jaime becomes more like Brienne as he becomes more and more honorable along the journey. Those two trips are what make SoS so great for me; the transition of both sets of characters.

What did the Hound mean when he referred to Micah as a "bleeder"? It sounded like an excuse to me.

Its not a excuse at all. It is essentially trash talk. Saying he bled a lot when he killed him, essentially rubbing it in Arya's face.

Yeah...I liked their part of the RW more. I was a tad cold toward the real RW because I didn't particularly like Robb or Cat. Still an amazing scene, but I didn't have the "throw the book across the room" response some readers did. But when Arya and the Hound arrived, I was "OH SHIT!"

I'm hoping they get more into his character. He made a comment once that D&D were unfolding the Hound more slowly, but that he definitely gets unfolded. I hope the unkiss stays in too--Sansa can either dream about it (like when she had her moonblood) or just coyly allude to it when Randa asks her. Cue viewers to be "whah??!?!" and drive up YouTube hits.

Yeah...I liked their part of the RW more. I was a tad cold toward the real RW because I didn't particularly like Robb or Cat. Still an amazing scene, but I didn't have the "throw the book across the room" response some readers did. But when Arya and the Hound arrived, I was "OH SHIT!"

I'm hoping they get more into his character. He made a comment once that D&D were unfolding the Hound more slowly, but that he definitely gets unfolded. I hope the unkiss stays in too--Sansa can either dream about it (like when she had her moonblood) or just coyly allude to it when Randa asks her. Cue viewers to be "whah??!?!" and drive up YouTube hits.

Side Note:

I liked Robb unitl he married like a fool and stopped picking up on Grey Wind's clues out of the blue.

I was never able to get over the idiocy of Cat abducting Tyrion and that she never took advice and just did what she wanted regardless of consequence.

Anyway, the writing was beautiful in the outside the RW scene. Between the somewhat cryptic description of the massacre and setup, Sandor and Arya fighting Freys, Sando having to regulate and control the almost uncontrollable Arya, the brutal dialogue of Sandor, and Arya's inner thoughts, I was forced to read it about 3 times to digest everything.

Rory's portrayal of Sandor is raising my personal ranking of Sandor Clegane in the ASoIaF book universe. Not even Dance has done that (because Dance is excatly like I picture Tywin).

Archived