[Book Spoilers] Last Scene of the Episode

crazibouncer

I think the last scene will be the epilogue from ASoS.

It will either take the scene directly or change it around a bit, I just think that seeing unCat will be a huge WTF for fans.

What scene do you think would best fit as the final scene of seasons 3?

Season 1 = Dany's dragons being born

Season 2 = White Walkers

Season 3 = ??? You decide

I just think Uncat is just TOO damn soon to happen in episode 10...I want her reveal to happen as it did in the books...many weeks/months after when the Frey dude goes to pay the ransom...I don't want to see Beric and Thoros finding her in the river...BUT if it does happen to end this season it won't hurt the show for me...just hope it doesn't, cuz I want people to get used to Catlyn being dead for a while...because if we see it episode 10 then when all the characters, especially Arya and Sansa, talk about her being gone it loses all emotional impact

I agree that that would be awesome and is very likely; my main objection to that is that I can't think how they would end next season. Also, yeah, my theory would create a pro-stark feel and maybe alleviate some of the Red Wedding pain.

next season ending with Tyrion killing Shea and Tywin, last shot can either be Arya sailing to Braavos or killing/burning "Mance" or Bran meeting the children...but I'm pretty sure episode 9 next season will be battle at the wall, what happens after? who knows

But if Catelyn dies in Ep 9, is it not way too soon to resurrect her in Ep 10? People are just warming up to the idea of GOT without her, and this would take the shock away.

this is 100% why I hope they wait and let the audience comes to terms with her death...I would love it if they showed enough restraint to leave her resurrection for the season 4 finale...cuz then imagine the OH MY GOD IT'S CATELYN!!!!! reaction from non book readers who would have all but forgotten her by that point...maybe not forgotten but would have accepted her death just as they've now accepted Ned's

next season ending with Tyrion killing Shea and Tywin, last shot can either be Arya sailing to Braavos or killing/burning "Mance" or Bran meeting the children...but I'm pretty sure episode 9 next season will be battle at the wall, what happens after? who knows

Bran meeting the children? not way too soon? i was picturing that being like the third episoe of season 5, but i guess it would make a good climax...

George has announced that he's written the second episode of season 4. I'd say it's a safe bet that it will be the Purple Wedding.

That's too much of an assumption. GRRM didn't write Eddard's death in S1. It's much less likely that he's writing the PW because it seems the show runners want to do the 'big' episodes themselves

I will be surprised if Nymeria isnt included at some point over the final 2 episodes. I do agree with most posters in this thread that it should be either the unveiling of unCat, or the reveal that Bran's "dreams" are sometimes the byproduct of his warging into Summer.

I wouldn't mind seeing the final scene being a mirror of Bran's first warg dream - the wolf looking in the water and seeing a human face...

But this time it is Arya waking up. This would be especially powerful if the Jon/Summer scene happens as others have described above. It will add more reinforcement to Bran's storyline that is struggling a bit this season and would add a WTF! factor to Arya's story.

I think it they don't show UnCat at this season's ending, they won't be able to show exactly how Beric/Thoros revived her. The show doesn't do flashbacks and for it to be explained by one of the characters, it wouldn't be as effective. In the book it was different but for the TV show, showing UnCat opening her eyes is a great visual and poweful enough to be in the same league as dragons/white walkers.

I'm thinking it'll be like the last scene in Avatar, when he opens his eyes.

But if Catelyn dies in Ep 9, is it not way too soon to resurrect her in Ep 10? People are just warming up to the idea of GOT without her, and this would take the shock away.

Either that or Michelle Fairley is going to have to hide her schedule like crazy during the filming of season 4.

It just fits with the whole "mother" theme of the episode, to be honest.

I always figured we'd see her, Anguy and the other BWB hanging a Frey (or two, the ones who went to see Robb in 'The Climb', for example).

Beric bowing out by reviving her would be equally as awesome.

I think it they don't show UnCat at this season's ending, they won't be able to show exactly how Beric/Thoros revived her. The show doesn't do flashbacks and for it to be explained by one of the characters, it wouldn't be as effective.

Bran / Jojen?

I don't think unCat will happen. Don't forget, people use the term mhysa not just as praise, but also as a cry out to their "mother." We'll see Arya and Sansa finding out that Catelyn died, Rickon and Bran will probably split up, with Rickon wanting to be with their mother. We will see Joffrey officially outright defying his own mother in addition to Tywin. Perhaps they'll mention the Dornish, since that way you get to mention Elia and her children. Those are the three "mother" plots I think will be involved.

I think it they don't show UnCat at this season's ending, they won't be able to show exactly how Beric/Thoros revived her. The show doesn't do flashbacks and for it to be explained by one of the characters, it wouldn't be as effective. In the book it was different but for the TV show, showing UnCat opening her eyes is a great visual and poweful enough to be in the same league as dragons/white walkers.

Your point about the lack of flashbacks is a very good one, and it makes me even more confident that UnCat will be the last scene.

There has been a lot of emphasis on Beric's resurrections in the last two episodes as well (#5 & #6), and I think it also makes a lot of sense to close the character arc of Beric by showing his true death.

Archived