TV Tommen [Spoilers]

AManofManyFaces

I know! They should really give him a little more screentime this and next season. I was asking some of my friends that only watch the TV-show about this and they thought Joffrey only had a sister. The one that was shipped of they said haha.

what about the scene where Cersei is about to poison him? (I know he hasn't been given screen time, but then again... he doesn't have that much participation in the books either).

• 3 weeks later...

Well now we are done the episode, it seems pretty clear Tommen will not be in this season (did not see him even in background at Tyrion/Sansa wedding). Now, usually in tv a child goes away and return older. Does anyone think this could be a case where they want to keep Tommen a young boy? The actor who played him will be 13 by next year and he is suppose to be about 10 in the show. In truth, Sophie Turner playing a 14 yo. is becoming a suspense of disbelief. Any thoughts it could be just consider to difficult or the actor coming off as well foolish. Could it be its just work better to excise him a re-introduce one the age of the character?

Pretty sure the lack of screen time on Tommen's part was intended. Even in the books we hardly saw him before and even after he took the throne. He's a figurehead, and we all know who is really running the show. So Tommen could be a stuffed potato sack for all the good he does to the realm.

In truth, Sophie Turner playing a 14 yo. is becoming a suspense of disbelief. Any thoughts it could be just consider to difficult or the actor coming off as well foolish.

As the sister of a string bean of a 14 year old boy, I think it's believable for someone that age to be so developed(?). But that's just me.

Pretty sure the lack of screen time on Tommen's part was intended. Even in the books we hardly saw him before and even after he took the throne. He's a figurehead, and we all know who is really running the show. So Tommen could be a stuffed potato sack for all the good he does to the realm.

It is not about his actual power it is a manner of his presence concerning the foreshadowing of events to come. He would of been simple background in many cases. Only interaction would of been small and thinking most of Oleena with getting the gears turning in regards of getting out of marrying off her granddaughter to a monster. That will not need to be very direct also. It will just Tommen being the sweet and kind boy he is. I understand this could be easily done in Season 4 (though now I do not think the PW will be the season premiere) but thought it will be something that will be played with this season since the showrunners do want to plant something that could occur a season or even two later to develop.

As the sister of a string bean of a 14 year old boy, I think it's believable for someone that age to be so developed(?). But that's just me.

Well, I am sure my age has some basis of my view.

It is still fine in this season but later it will be more difficult. This is just a fact of a show dealing with children characters that have not age very much with live actors who do.

I think they will re-cast Tommen. I think they made very poor decision. I bet 90% TV-series watchers don't even remember him.

I thought the actor did fine in the small parts he was given in S2.

Yes though it will be to remove him so it is cleared out of the memory for when they need to re-introduce him. Question is will they than go for another 9-10 year old actor which goes more back to my point of wanting to keep the character the same and having the actor being 13 years old will just not be feasible. With Tommen being a minor character it is a move they could do than with the Stark children.

No real point in having him this season. I reckon he will be re-cast for next season though.

Well there will be the point of him towards Oleena figuring out what to do with her granddaughter marrying The King who is a monster. Kind of belaboring it at this point though.

I don't really recall Tommen doing anything of note in Storm of Swords anyway, he only became relevant after his coronation as far as I remember. I don't know whether they'll recast him or not, but I suspect we'll be seeing more of him next season.

Where did Kevan and Lancel disappear to anyway?

If they absolutely had to recast Tommen, they shouldn't cast someone younger because TV show Tommen will have aged up like TV Bran/Rickon are.

Well, the character were age up but the actors will in the end be older than the characters. This was one of the biggest problems of the adaption especially since Martin jettison the 5 year jump. For me, with Sansa, Arya, and Bran you kind of need to live with that fact. With a "minor" character like Tommen it could be one that they can cheat a bit with getting an actor more near the age of the show character (9/10) and have him follow through the season their after and can keep more in image of the character in the book. They can probably do the same to Rickon unless they will want to show his travels with Osha which they could do.

This is all speculative on my part because I do not know why Tommen is not in this season with reasons I already stated and restated. Hey, for all I know he will just pop up a little in episode 10. I just thought if any episode their will be something with Tommen it would of been in the episode "Second Sons".

I don't really recall Tommen doing anything of note in Storm of Swords anyway, he only became relevant after his coronation as far as I remember. I don't know whether they'll recast him or not, but I suspect we'll be seeing more of him next season.

Where did Kevan and Lancel disappear to anyway?

That is a good question though I thought I saw Kevan in the line during the wedding ceremony. I was wondering if they decided to excise the character after they change the relationship of one of the Lannister child prisoner. It not only he has not been mention much it is also it was not really established that he was Tywinn brother when he was onscreen the few times he was. Though part of me is now speculating that all three could be mention in Robb's warplan with his mom. Lancel being taken back to Casterly Rock accompany by his father Kevan, and Tommen went because Tywinn knows that Cersi try to poison him so he wanted to get him away from his mother. :laugh:

They haven't shown Pycelle much either. Simply because they're just not relevant right now. They have time next season to bring Tommen to the forefront, assuming that the PW will be about 3-4 episodes into the season.

Yes but you still see him in the Small Council scene and at the wedding and reception. If I saw Tommen in any background I will not say anything.

Hey Rickon been seen rarely yet many commet of where he is. Some want to see their Rickon and I want to see my Tommen. This is his thread and do not people keep on about how he is not important now or will be.

I know! They should really give him a little more screentime this and next season. I was asking some of my friends that only watch the TV-show about this and they thought Joffrey only had a sister. The one that was shipped of they said haha.

:agree:

Archived