TV Tommen [Spoilers]

AManofManyFaces

Tommen can be 11, 12 pushing with puberty. They are not going to make the character the same age as Sansa all the sudden.

:agree:

Was always puzzled that Tommen was the only child that wasn't aged up for the show. Show!Tommen should now be 12 just like show!Bran (both are the same age in the books too). Chapman can easily pass for this and if someone on the show is finally saying show!Marg is 24 (or whatever, just to make the stupid show!Marg is 31 comments cease) then even their relative ages would be similar (book 8/16 show 12/24).

In my opinion this new kid is way too old to be Tommen. I was almost certain about this recasting thing, but I was hoping they will bring younger actor in the show. Even with makeup they can't make this guy look young enough.

He should look around the same age (give or take a year) as Bran and Arya. Isaac Hempstead Wright is 14 and Maisie Williams is 16. This kid is 15. They are all playing down about 3-4 years (which in terms of child actors in television roles is very commonplace). It seems right to me.

I am pretty sure show Margaery is no older than 20. If she was older than that she wouldn't be single.

We simply haven't been given any indication of her age; ut she acts way too mature for 20, and I'm sorry, but the actress simply can't pass for that young.

At the end of the day, until we're given any other information, we have to assume she's the age she looks - which is late 20s to early 30s. Marg's ook age is utterly irrelevant

We simply haven't been given any indication of her age; ut she acts way too mature for 20, and I'm sorry, but the actress simply can't pass for that young.

At the end of the day, until we're given any other information, we have to assume she's the age she looks - which is late 20s to early 30s. Marg's ook age is utterly irrelevant

Really? She looks the same age as the actress that plays Sansa to me. But if she was older than that she should have a really good reason for being single like Arianne (who also comes from a place with more libertine customs).

it's always amazing how different people can see exactly the same thing, but come to such different conclusions (and absolutely part of human nature).

I don't think Dormer could pass for anything much below 26ish; and the maturity she's given by the screenwriters would also make 26 pushing it at the low end.

Sophie on the other hand could pass for 21; but barely, and again, her characterisation through the screenplay would make that unbelievable to me.

It's just the way I see first the actors, and then the characterisations.

• 2 weeks later...

I am pretty sure show Margaery is no older than 20.

Bryan Cogman said in this interview (http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Features/Entry/Season_3_Interview_Bryan_Cogman) that Margaery is Mace's eldest child on the show. Loras looks to be about 20 in Season 1 (and therefore he'd be around 22 in Season 3), so Margaery can't possibly be younger than that. I'd say that her age is somewhere in range of mid-to-late 20s.

In no way should they drop Ser Pounce. a 15 year old boy who likes cats and kittens more than his 25 year old hot wife... That's the explanation. Just make him sweet and love kities and hate beets and ADORE Loras just the way Book Tommen did and no one will question it.

From Winteriscoming.net have unofficial reports.that Tommen been recast.

The stated actor is Dean-Charles Chapman who Martyn Lannister last year.

I was wrong on the reason of recasting since Chapman is older than Whalley. If recall he was the mainly speaking in the two scene he appeared.

This is unofficial

He might be older, but perhaps he still looks young. Recent pics of Whalley show that he's aged quite a bit, so.

In no way should they drop Ser Pounce. a 15 year old boy who likes cats and kittens more than his 25 year old hot wife... That's the explanation. Just make him sweet and love kities and hate beets and ADORE Loras just the way Book Tommen did and no one will question it.

:rofl:

Archived