Varys' blood sacrifice?

King of Winters

Could Varys have made a blood sacrifice to make the Blackfyres rise again? This theory works, kind of, if Varys is a Blackfyre and brother to Serra, and wants the Blackfryes back on the throne.

Varys has said to Tyrion how he was cut. He was with mummers and in Myr a man purchased him and cut him and used his bits in a blood magic ritual.

I don't think he was cut like that. I think he was cut like this. Now we know the Golden Company was stationed in Myr (since that was the place Varys said he was cut) and had been there before, what if Varys was with them as a young man and used a blood sacrifice so that House Blackfyre would sit on the Iron Throne or at least rise again? Maybe even Serra persauded him to do it for the good of the family.

I know I don't have the best evidence but I don't trust Varys' story.

I don`t understand it. Varys` balls were used as blood sacrifice for what? Doesn`t blood sacrifice include a life to be saved? Life for life, isn`t it? You can`t just be sacrificed for any cause. I mean, then everybody would do that.

While there's plenty of reasons to mistrust anything Varys says, I see no indication that your theory is likely at all.

If he had in fact cut himself in a secret ritual, why would he mention blood rituals in connection with it at all? It would make a lot more sense to keep even the suggestion that something like that is possible secret.

I also doubt any blood sacrifice ritual would have the power to determine who gets the throne, though that's hard to say, due to lack of knowledge, plus it's magic, so rules are probably even more vague.

I don`t understand it. Varys` balls were used as blood sacrifice for what? Doesn`t blood sacrifice include a life to be saved? Life for life, isn`t it? You can`t just be sacrificed for any cause. I mean, then everybody would do that.

Cut your balls off and earn the Iron Throne. That's the theory. LOL

If he is a Blackfyre, then it is more likely he has been castrated, so he coudn't pruduce another generation of pretenders. Too bad they forgot about the girl.

Seriously though; poor guy. Thinking about it, I pity him despite everything.

Seriously though; poor guy. Thinking about it, I pity him despite everything.

Having penis in Westeros isn`t some great advantage. Look at where penis had led Jaime, Rhaegar, Robert, Tyrion...

Having penis in Westeros isn`t some great advantage. Look at where penis had led Jaime, Rhaegar, Robert, Tyrion...

True. But I've heard that pissing becomes highly unpleasant, once one is "cut".

True. But I've heard that pissing becomes highly unpleasant, once one is "cut".

LOL. Yeap, it certainly becomes problematic, but better some urinal problems than variety of highly dangerous outcomes.

LOL. Yeap, it certainly becomes problematic, but better some urinal problems than variety of highly dangerous outcomes.

Well, you're a male. I've got to believe you what is the preferable choice.

Well, you're a male. I've got to believe you what is the preferable choice.

Oh make no mistake. I am smart, but I would rather loose my head, than my pennis. It`s genetics, that`s how God created us :)

Oh make no mistake. I am smart, but I would rather loose my head, than my pennis. It`s genetics, that`s how God created us :)

To be honest, I couldn't do what the female lead from Lars von Trier's Antichrist did neither.

I think Grey Worm also mentions at one point that the Unsullied or those who have 'had their manhoods removed and burnt' serve or have some separate goddess, whose name is only known to them. Made me think of Varys when he mentioned this - may have some relevance to this discussion.

Archived