Characters, we hardly knew ye....

Oberyn Prime

Viserys Targaryen.

He would have made a pretty great villain that could serve to unite factions across the land(s) in order to kick his arse.

I mourn the loss of a potential villain like that. :(:

True, but I swear I cheered like a drunken football fan at the Superbowl when he bit the dust. It really took me by surprise as in the beginning I was expecting him to be the main antagonist. (When I was a sweet summer child)

I was happier at Viserys' death than I was at Joffreys, but then again the Red Wedding had just happened and I was all "So he's dead, doesn't change the fact that Robb is gone."

Syrio Forel. I think it would have been great watching him train up Arya more.

We only got to see one or two lessons in the water dance.

Well the bright side is, with the way Dany is shaping up to be, i think ill get my uber dragon wielding villain anyway.

Seriously. She is starting to look like Viserys with teats. I find this to be even more pronounced on TV.

Joffrey, such great potential. Pity his days as ruler were cut short, great lost for the kingdom and story.

In all seriousness, Pate- I liked him. And yes, I agree that more Oberyn would be great.

Can we talk about what characters have not been "cut short" soon enough? Like maybe Qyburn?

Yeah Syrio and Benjen are two that definitely could have been fleshed out more, I guess there is a .000001 chance Syrio is alive, there's a much greater chance Benjen is alive, but those are two characters who made a big impact in their relatively short page time. Another character I really love is Blackfish, if there is one character who needs to be a POV (if more are added) it's him.

Am a sucker fo honor, loyalty and general steadfastness. So many of those listed -- Ned, Robb, the Mormonts (old and she-bear), the Blackfish, Benjen. Plus Arys Oakheart, Poderick.

And who I'm really glad is still around and kicking (or should I say cooking?) is Lord-too-fat-to-sit-a-horse. GRRM will probably hate-f**k my hopes and dreams of vengeance -- but... the North Remembers!!!

Glad to see Cortnay Penrose getting some respect in this thread!

I was sorry to see Dick Crabb AKA Nimble Dick leave the stage. His stories about squishers were hilarious, the way he messed with Pod's head was even better, and I actually found the Cracklaw Point history pretty interesting. If I grew up in the same place Clarence Crabb was from I would talk about him all the time, too. He was a bad thief but a great storyteller. And his mention of the "magic sword" probably saved Brienne's life. Definitely one of my favorite minor characters.

Viserys Targaryen.

He would have made a pretty great villain that could serve to unite factions across the land(s) in order to kick his arse.

I mourn the loss of a potential villain like that. :(:

I agree. Viserys was a great character. Not as psycho as Joffrey and not as righteous as Ned. He had some issues yes, but they were more than justified. I thought his death was unfair and started the downfall/spiral of madness in Daenerys.

Anyway, I love lots of minor characters however none more so than the Daynes. They were too cool and I want to know more please. To know the past is to know the future.

the lightning lord (ever since catelyn's took over, the brotherhood has gone from one of my favorite factions to one of my least favorite, she puts her personal vendettas above the well being of everyone else, and thats turned the brotherhood from a crusade of justice for the oppressed smallfolk, to her personal guerilla force thats entirely dedicated to vengeance against the freys, 1 mere house)

sandor clegane (i dont think he should have been killed off, it would have been cooler if he had survived, been resuced by someone, and gone on to help stannis in his campaign, or mabye even taken the black, it seems like he didnt get the ending a character like him deserved)

jeor mormont ( i get that his death was necessary for jon snow's role in the ASIOAF universe, but he was such a badass. also if he was still alive, jon could have become lord of winterfell and stopped the boltons from stealing it)

joffrey lannister (not because hes a decent character, simply because i believe he deserves a fate far worse than poison)

Viserys, Joffrey, and Tywin :crying:

sandor clegane (i dont think he should have been killed off, it would have been cooler if he had survived, been resuced by someone, and gone on to help stannis in his campaign, or mabye even taken the black, it seems like he didnt get the ending a character like him deserved)

You sure about that?

Anyway, I love lots of minor characters however none more so than the Daynes. They were too cool and I want to know more please. To know the past is to know the future.

Fortunately, we probably have lots of Darkstar to look forward to. Unless GRRM decides we'd rather read three chapters about Arianne's nipples.

also another couple i just tohught about

Qhorin halfhand, he was such a badass. i reckon there could have been heaps of potential for his character. it might also just be because of how valiant and awesome his death was.

Benjen stark (i kind of hope that he is still alive, mabye bran will run into him or something, we technically dont know what happened to him)

Archived