Jon Snow a warg?

FirelordSylar22

I think arya is one aswell but not quite as much as other stark children,

As far as I remember neither of these cases come into play too much, mainly dreams inside their wolves that tell a minor bit of plotline (the occasional larger bit with Ghost).

I think these abilities will come into play more as the series progresses.

IMO all the Stark children are wargs. The whole thing with them each been given a direwolf etc. I think it's just that they come into it at their own pace.

I'm pretty sure there is a certain event in the second book that certainly suggests Jon is a warg.

Probably best not to read the spoiler until you've come across the event, or the end of the book if you think you missed it.

I'm pretty sure he wargs Ghost when he's attacked by the eagle

....and here's the specifics:

The opening of one of Jon's later chapters he is shown to be warging Ghost, however, it's not explicitly stated. Later in the chapter:

A shrill scream split the air. He glimpsed blue-grey pinions spread wide, shutting out the sun ...

"Ghost!" Jon shouted, sitting up. He could still feel the talons, the pain.

There's also some foreshadowing to later yet unreleased books which I'm just noticing as well....a random voice speaking to him from a weirwood, hmmm.....

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what GRRM says about this matter. Source from SSM. Spoiler tags just in case:

Are all the Stark children wargs / skinchangers with their wolves?

To a greater or lesser degree, yes, but the amount of control varies widely.

Here's what GRRM says about this matter. Source from SSM. Spoiler tags just in case:

Are all the Stark children wargs / skinchangers with their wolves?

To a greater or lesser degree, yes, but the amount of control varies widely.

This but if you want an order of which are the best wargs then it is :

1. Bran, by far.

2. Jon

3. Arya

4. Rickon, Robb, Sansa. We can't really know which is better.

Um, random thought, but do we know for certain it's the Stark kids controlling the direwolves?

I guess so. According to the wiki: a skinchanger or warg is a person with the ability to enter the mind of an animal and control its actions.

What if the wolves are warging the Starks?

Then it will be the opposite: the wolves will be the ones to enter the minds and control their owners actions.

• 3 weeks later...

I read in the history of the Stark line and their direwolves that once they adopted the wolves they created a forever bond that is only breakable by the death of the wolf or the Stark child. It has shown in the books so far that nymeria even though not directly with arya is still connected to her direwolf. Bran is always a warg especially him climbing etc he could see and know everything especially the ins and outs of Winterfell that no one else knew which I think will come into play later so I think he was always meant to be a warg because he always saw everything and his disability only heightened it. I think Jon and all the children are wargs or have magical properties through their wolves. I think the wolves are magical because they can always sense when something is off and always spring into action (ex: Summer coming to the defense of Bran and never leaving his side).

• 3 weeks later...

....and here's the specifics:

The opening of one of Jon's later chapters he is shown to be warging Ghost, however, it's not explicitly stated. Later in the chapter:

There's also some foreshadowing to later yet unreleased books which I'm just noticing as well....a random voice speaking to him from a weirwood, hmmm.....

I read the passage and actually Jon knew he was in Ghost as he told Halfhand he was in Ghost. Also he went to sleep and Bran through the Weirwood spoke to Jon/Ghost and the tree had Brans face with the 3 eyes and he touched Ghost to open his 3rd eye. Ghost smelled the tree and smelled death and darkness which I guess he was smelling where Bran was hiding in the crypts. Ghost could sense he lost touch/sense of his brothers and sisters and were howling for them but no repsonse. Jon is defintely a warg and he figured it out quicker and it seems like the watch knew a thing or two about them as well. Jon learned pretty quickly he was in Ghost and probably could control it better.

I

wonder if the ability will play some importance later on especially the war against the Others.

I read the passage and actually Jon knew he was in Ghost as he told Halfhand he was in Ghost. Also he went to sleep and Bran through the Weirwood spoke to Jon/Ghost and the tree had Brans face with the 3 eyes and he touched Ghost to open his 3rd eye. Ghost smelled the tree and smelled death and darkness which I guess he was smelling where Bran was hiding in the crypts. Ghost could sense he lost touch/sense of his brothers and sisters and were howling for them but no repsonse. Jon is defintely a warg and he figured it out quicker and it seems like the watch knew a thing or two about them as well. Jon learned pretty quickly he was in Ghost and probably could control it better.

I

wonder if the ability will play some importance later on especially the war against the Others.

Probably.

The only Stark children who are not wargs (so far) are Robb (not being a POV character we don't see him as one), Sansa (Lady is dead, so she has no wolf to warg into), and Rickon (maybe he is, but as with Robb, we don't see it). Bran is a warg and it's obvious. Jon is a warg too, but he doesn't have control over his powers, and can't warg whenever he want. Arya is another warg, but she doesn't even know it (keep reading up to A Storm of Swords for Arya-Nymeria warg parts).

All Stark children except Sansa b/c she lost her wolf are wargs per GRRM statement. The difference is how powerful each one is as a warg. So far Bran is the strongest Warg, but he did not know he was a warg until Jojen told him. Jon just recently warged into Ghost and maybe not as powerful yet but he was able to figure out he was a warg and inside Ghost fairly quickly so I think he will be a quick study. Isn't there a warg with the wildlings? The one with the eagle, so Jon has a teacher as well. Nymeria is one strong wolf and at first I thought she had become a mother with in the riverlands, but it appears she just "adopted" a pack. Nymeria seems to be making good on her name as the wolf is a very good warrior and probably giving insight into what Arya is suppose to grow into.

Archived