[Book Spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions

WinterKing

My family was freaking out when Beric was resurrected. And disgusted when Tyrion was told to marry Sansa. They loved the Jaime/Brienne scene, and for some reason my father was unimpressed with the Hound/Beric fight.

Oh and they were confused about Shereen's facial condition and grossed out by Selyse's (sp?) stillborn shrine.

I always watch this show with my mother and sister who aren't book readers (although my sister is trying to get through the first one right now). They both were confused by Shireen's face, so after Mad Men I'm supposed to explain what's up with that.

My mom already seemed to figure out that they were going to marry Tyrion to Sansa, I need to ask her how she figured it out. Aaaaand Arya's scenes moved all of us, especially when she asked Thoros about being able to resurrect her father. Mom was also confused by the exchange between Gendry/Arya but I explained it quickly and then it made sense to her.

Oh, and they were both surprised that Robb didn't listen to his mother/uncle/wife about how to handle Karstark.

My mom freaked out with the baby jars scene with with the whole depressing sphere around Dragonstone, she felt really sorry for Shireen. Everyone here loved the episode and are still discussing the marriage of Tyrion and Sansa. They were surprised by the resurrection, but no complaints about it, because they love the BWB.

Roommate thought it was okay but that it was more of an episode that was for moving pieces. I thought it was the best of the season. So I guess the book reader theory holds water. He was a little creeped out by Selyse and her dead babies, which is completely understandable because so was I.

My friends asked what the hell was up with the babies in a jar and I was kindda stunned too. My friend was actually shouting at Robb in protest when he was going to execute Karstark and kept saying 'Ned would never have done this!'. My other friend almost fell off his chair when the Tyrion and Sansa marriage was proposed and laughed when Cersei was told she was going to marry Loras.

Well, can non-reader selfs answer?

I was especially looking forward to the Jon/Ygritte scene and thought it was less than what all the announcements had indicated. All the hints in interviews and entire articles about signed nudity clauses made it sound as if their love scene was going to be more than what it turned out to be. Probably a good thing, though. It was tasteful. Which certainly can't be said about some of the prior seasons' sex scenes.

Like eveyone else, I liked the Jaime/Brienne tub scene. Was she getting up to choke him? Dunk him? Anyway, nicely done.

Rob executing Karstark was along the lines of what Ned would have done. He showed himself to be his father's son. At first, when the Lannister boys woke up, I thought they were Bran and his little brother. It became clear seconds later.

Liked the part where handsome Jorah tells the white haired guy that he is no Lord Commander there, just another exile. And then that ex-slave officer guy, Grey Worm, another sexy addition to the male cast. I wonder what his role will be. But wait, when the translater girl (forgot her name) talks about how the slave boys are renamed, did she say "when they are cut"? Are all those "unsullied" soldiers castrated? (Unlikely, I would think, testosterone and all..) Or did she say "when they are caught"?

What else? Stannis' daughter, I wondered if her face was supposed to look burnt or what those flakes sticking up on her face were. And whether her mother is keeping her like a prisoner in that tower room. But then she was abel to sneak down to the dungeon, so I guess she is free to move around. Yes, the dead babies were creepy, like aliens. Maybe they want to bring them back to life later?

I knew from this website about the upcoming Sansa/Tyrion wedding, and I was glad to hear that he isn't in favor of the idea and talks of her wellbeing. Cersei and Loras, how creepy that would be too. Her character should be in her late 30s and he is in his early to mid 20s. I'm curious to see if she'll end up going along with that. She doesn't seem the type to let someone tell her what to do.

That Loras actor needs to comb his hair. For a guy who is supposed to be good-looking and gay, he looks too unkempt.

I know it's not going to happen (from this website), but I was hoping Arya would get to reunite with Rob and Catelyn at Riverrun. Or at least for them to know that she is alive. How sad if she and Gendry split up. If the series lasts long enough for them to grow up, they could become a cute couple and Gendry could learn that he is the former king's son, maybe become a leader himself....

Too bad Arya hates the Hound so much, I actually find him cool. Sure, he did bad things, but I enjoy the character.

But wait, when the translater girl (forgot her name) talks about how the slave boys are renamed, did she say "when they are cut"? Are all those "unsullied" soldiers castrated? (Unlikely, I would think, testosterone and all..) Or did she say "when they are caught"?

That's why they are called the Unsullied. They are each castrated so they'll be more obedient and have fewer distractions.

Be careful in threads marked with spoiler tags! You really don't want to spoil yourself this season!

That's why they are called the Unsullied. They are each castrated so they'll be more obedient and have fewer distractions.

Awww! So that sexy guy plays an eunuch! How disappointing. Obedient maybe, but they'll be missing those fighter hormones when they are neutered. Dang!

Be careful in threads marked with spoiler tags! You really don't want to spoil yourself this season!

I don't mind. Don't know why people are making such a big deal about "spoilers". People who watch a play on stage read a summary before they go, too. I sometimes seek out explanations on this website for better understanding. It doesn't spoil my enjoyment of the show, but it does make me angry at the author, GRRM, at times, and makes me wonder if he used his writings of many years as an outlet for his personal frustrations. It seems nothing good ever happens to his "good" characters. Also, most of the sex scenes (except Jon Snow's) are rather unpleasant to watch (at least from a woman's perspective), so I'm wondering if he is this angry old man whose life has been dull and boring, and his writings are his phantasies.

Archived