[Book Spoilers] EP305 Discussion

Ran

Shireen singing at the end is creepy as fuckall.

Very solid ep, though. Bit of a continuation ep, as last week had the mutliple cathartic set pieces (Dracarys, Mormont) but a solid one nonetheless (we did get Sandor vs Beric in this one, so it wasn't all talk!).

They're on a really good run with this season.

Also, when I wrote this, there were two posts in this thread. Now as I go to click "post" there are 39 new replies added. Hotdamn.

It was just awesome. Jon went down on Ygritte. Hound/Beric fight was great. Tyrion/Olenna was non-book but a lot of fun. Jaime/Brienne was everything I hoped it would be and more (and Jaime grabbing Brienne's hand in the 3x06 preview!) I'm also liking TV Selyse, who knows about Melisandre/Stannis and is on board with it. TV Shireen is so horribly precious. Tywin was appropriately terrifying with Tyrion and Cersei.

Everything was great.

That Gendry/Arya scene with a good bit of non-book dialogue broke my heart. "I could be your family." "You wouldn't be my family. You would be my lady." It broke my heart. Bawwwwww!

Edited by Newstar

That was without a doubt the best opening scene so far in the series. Very sick. Not to mention the longest sword to sword combat action. Solid throughout. Selyse side side fetus collection was an odd take on grief. Rob never seemed like the type to discuss tactics. End credits; awesome shit.

Finally!

OK, back to what I was saying in the other thread.

1. Uh-oh Robb.

2. For those of you waiting for some Stannis development... there you go.

3. Bath scene = NAILED.

Nicely quiet, contemplative, often even haunting episode. If someone wanted to make a case for an acting emmy, this would be the episode for Madden, Dillane, and NCW.

Essentially, a really great episode on the opposite end of the spectrum from, for instance, "Blackwater", or even last week's "And Now His Watch Is Ended." The average scene length in this episode was WAY longer than we usually get. Wonderful pacing.

Totally. Very emotionally intense.

By the way, how the hell would Tywin know the Karstarks left Robb so quickly? Roose isn't in Riverrun so there must be another spy. Well even if there's another spy that information was delivered pretty quick, but I'm willing to suspend belief if there is indeed another spy.

I wondered the same. It's probably Robb's foreign wench.

By the way, how the hell would Tywin know the Karstarks left Robb so quickly? Roose isn't in Riverrun so there must be another spy. Well even if there's another spy that information was delivered pretty quick, but I'm willing to suspend belief if there is indeed another spy.

Varys' little birds.

There's quite a bit of faithful and/or well-adapted material in this episode. Did not care at all for the show's Selyse, though.

And then there's the Loras scene. That's a shared second place for worst travesty of the show (#1 is the House of the undying, the other #2 is Catelyn's and Talisa's scene about Jon) and its a complete character assassination.

And then there's the Loras scene. That's a shared second place for worst travesty of the show (#1 is the House of the undying, the other #2 is Catelyn's and Talisa's scene about Jon) and its a complete character assassination.

:lol: Some of these complaints are ridiculous.

Overall the episode was very good. And Ygritte... damn.

Edited by Element_Engine

There's quite a bit of faithful and/or well-adapted material in this episode. Did not care at all for the show's Selyse, though.

This is sarcasm right? We already know Loras is gay.