Reviewing Kissed by Fire

Westeros

I've given up trying to make sense of the logistics of the War of the Five Kings in the show. It's an utter mess. I just don't think they care very much about getting the figures right, and just drop whatever number sounds good to them at the time.

Could it be the fact that most TV show fans dont really care? Im just guessing. Maybe most fans just watch for the action and the drama. Still the war is a fundamental part of the story, and not focusing on it just leaves a lot of inconsistencies.

In the show, he was not on the Small Counsel. It is unclear whether he is aware of the arrangement with Jorah but it seems likely from the scene that he does.

Ok yea thats what i figured. I see them growing hostile towards each other in their opposing ideas of what Dany should do, leading him to out Jorah. Thats why I was wondering.

They never mentioned the Freys after Robbs marriage till this episode. And Robb doesnt seem to show that he even lost the Freys.

I think Catelyn mentioned it once last season when she first saw Talisa. But, he doesn't really seem to care othewise.

And yet they have Sophie Turner's corset -- never seen until season 2, and barely then -- sewn with little details like the dragonfly from the get go, in a Peter Jackson's LotR-esque attention to detail.

They have a weird myopia. The production team pays attention to a lot of tiny details, at their direction, and yet they leave some rather significant background details as plot holes for no apparently good reason. It's quite strange.

This.

It is truly bizarre the script writers seem to ignore things and the art department don't...

*edit for

It could be explained that as stannis says "all if renlys banner men have come over to my side, except the tryells." Etc

Maybe the insinuation is that the Stormlands provided the bulk of the fighting men.

This is turning into a really strong season, although IMO valar dohaeris was quite a weak episode, dark wings darks words picked up where it left off and made it better, with each episode getting succesively better since then,

the other thing, i'm happy with this season is how they've toned down the level of sexposition and sex in general.

in valar dohaeris; theres one short scene in the brothel with bronn, which although maybe un-necesary was still good fun for introducing the character

Darkwings dark words: no onscreen nudity

Walk of punishment the meereenes knot scene, which although I found it gratuitous at first has got better on re-watch

and now his watch is ended: can't remember

Kissed by fire: although the loras sex scene was un-necesary here, the other sex scene between jon and ygritte I thought was quite tasteful and well done.

so overall, the sex scenes have become better, less frequent and more important, rather than just seeing lf talk to whores for hours.

Archived