(Book spoilers) Lena Headey appreciation thread

Mr Hodor

She nails Cersei, in my opinion. I reckon in upcoming seasons she will be performing Cersei's paranoid side flawlessly. Her facial expressions really portray her character's inner motivations and thoughts.

ETA: typo.

I want her to commit to doing the walk of punishment. She should honor the books in this. She has been very good so far but she shouldn't be afraid of nudity. She's been naked in other work and the walk of punishment will be deminished if she's not. Just MHO

She nails Cersei, in my opinion. I reckon in upcoming seasons she will be performing Cersei's paranoid side flawlessly. Her facial expressions really portrat her character's inner motivations and thoughts.

Indeed. She is superb week in and week out.

Lena Headey's faux-innocent smirks are about the sexiest on television. She's been one of the most consistently excellent cast members right from the start of the programme. Nicole Kidman, who would have otherwise been my dream choice, couldn't have done a better job.

IMO, Headey will feel no qualms about the Walk of Shame scene, or at least I hope not, since she's done full frontal nudity before.

Thought about making a thread like this but yeah she has been amazing, Her "Blackwater" performance is one of my favorites on the show and she has been so great in season 3 so far.

Actually I didn't find her convincing when she was acting drunk. Her weakest performance imo. In every other episode she's been astonishing though.

Yes, so many are freaking outstanding actors/actresses. Leana Headey is certainly one of them. While watching the previous episode with friends I pointed out what a great actor Dance was in the Cersei/Tywin encounter and my friend immediately said BOTH.

I loved her eyeroll while he continued to write and ignore her.

I don't know why, but she's one of my least favorite Lannister actors. I don't feel like the actress gets Cersei at all, and she's one of the very few book characters that I still don't link with their respective show actor. I love Dance and Dinklage though.

I just want to slap her (Cersei) which means Lena is simply doing it right... even though her views on and her ideas about her character are sometimes wrong. That said I love cocky female characters like Cersei and Lena's portrayal of Cersei's cockiness above all has been spot on. Her expressions are simply gold, although sometimes over the top when the focus is not directly on her (much like Ser Rodrik...) Curse those idiots who spit at her in malls!

Actually I didn't find her convincing when she was acting drunk. Her weakest performance imo. In every other episode she's been astonishing though.

You're right. She became so good as Cersei, but those drunk scenes in Blackwater... did she even sip at the glass?? I don't know if anybody has seen the special version with the actors commenting the scenes on the DVD, but Peter Dinklage makes fun of that over and over. :D

If you guys think that was well delivered you have never seen a drunk girl/woman :P

I just want to slap her (Cersei) which means Lena is simply doing it right... even though her views on and her ideas about her character are sometimes wrong. That said I love cocky female characters like Cersei and Lena's portrayal of Cersei's cockiness above all has been spot on. Curse those idiots who spit at her in malls!

They do WHAT?? I don't want to live on this planet anymore... i wouldn't even reckonize her because of her black hair and tatoos though.

I agree about the Blackwater scene, it's actually a comment I've made a lot before...some people were calling it "Emmy-worthy" and she didn't even seem the slightest bit drunk to me.

Lena Headey is ridiculously fantastic. I love her and her crazy eyebrows.

I pretty much can't wait for Cersei's AFFC material just to see how Lena Headey tackles it.

She is awesome. I've loved Lena for quite some time. First time I watched Game of Thrones (i was by myself) i kept on saying: Luce is that you? No.... yess it's really you. hahaha.

Lena is great as Cersei. Love the smirkes. She is great at playing evil. And i really hope they keep the walk of shame!

Lena plays Cersei with nuance and skill. I really enjoy her performance. However, she doesn't play Cersei how I always interpreted her character. I've had an extremely specific image of Cersei's appearance, demeanor, and mannerisms--I just imagine her to be a bit spicier and not always so composed and regal as Lena portrays her. Still, I think Lena brings a lot of life to the character, and I'm very comfortable with her portrayal of Cersei.

Archived