• Arya kidnapped by the hound
  • Mellisandre to the brotherhood
  • Sam run-in with Rast? Too early for white walker
  • More on the KL marriages
  • Jon climbs, maybe orell bird attack
  • No dany or stannis
  • Roose jaime brienne
  • freys and robb
  • Bran seeing stuff far away or somewhere in history?

Oh my, if Dany sits out this episode my non-book-friends will be pissed again. From what i got from the internet and my friends everybody expected her to finally attack Westeros and everybody is disgruntled by her having not enough screentime in their opinion.

I wonder how they will react when they find out that she basicly does absolutly NOTHING for like 2-3 seasons or something besides having diarrhea and a weird puberty crush.

Don't know about the Sandor thing, but they really shouldn't rush through Aryas story - what does she do after the Red Wedding?? The tavern incident?? Tickler is already dead and there is not much to cover between that and her arrival in Braavos. They need to make something up or fill in Bravoos stuff into season 4, which would make me wonder what they do with her when they cover book 4 and 5. WoW material??

Oh my, if Dany sits out this episode my non-book-friends will be pissed again. From what i got from the internet and my friends everybody expected her to finally attack Westeros and everybody is disgruntled by her having not enough screentime in their opinion.

I wonder how they will react when they find out that she basicly does absolutly NOTHING for like 2-3 seasons or something besides having diarrhea and a weird puberty crush.

Am I the only person who found the events at Yunkai to be the most compelling moments of Dany's story?

Here is the review for episode 5 they will show next week:

From this im gathering:

• Theon torture
  • Arya kidnapped by the hound
  • Mellisandre to the brotherhood
  • Sam run-in with Rast? Too early for white walker
  • More on the KL marriages
  • Jon climbs, maybe orell bird attack
  • No dany or stannis
  • Roose jaime brienne
  • freys and robb
  • Bran seeing stuff far away or somewhere in history?

I am not sure if someone already posted this, but in that link you can find a link to next episode's preview:

How will they infuse Reek into the tv series? A story by Ramsay?

Since there was no Reek in Season 2, there is no reason to make up a story only to give Theon this "title" after Ramsey is done with him. We don't get into Theons head, there will be no reek-rhymes.

That being said, I would prefer if they DO introduce a Reek story. A crazy creepy Ramsay monologue would be awesome, the guy from the Misfits who plays him seems to be capable of that... and do not forget that Roose monologue to Theon in Book 5 about Reek!

Am I the only person who found the events at Yunkai to be the most compelling moments of Dany's story?

I'm not an expert in her story, but isn't Yunkai the city where the "Mhysa" scene and the crucification happened? That will be in episode 10 I assume.

"Previouslys" for Episode 6 (the "Recap"):

Bran and Jojen discussing the sight

Orell giving Jon lip about his loyalties

Melisandre referring to others with king's blood

Tywin telling Tyrion and Cersei of their respective betrothals

Bolton telling Jaime and Brienne they'll talk later

Boy leading Theon back to the dungeon

Robb executing Rickard and saying he needs Walder Frey

Mutiny at Craster's, Sam and Gilly fleeing

Beric dying, Beric and Thoros discussing Beric's resurrections

And in the 3x06 promo, we have this:

Jon and the wildlings climbing the Wall

Robb negotiating with the Freys, the Freys alluding to Edmure ("not what, who")

Jaime/Brienne dinner with Roose Bolton

Boy torturing Theon

Osha and Hodor

Beric with his eye uncovered in the cave

Olenna snapping Tywin's quill pen

Varys and Littlefinger in the throne room

Anguy teaching Arya archery, Arya saying "There's someone out there"

And the 3x06 synopsis reads as follows:

Tywin plans strategic unions for the Lannisters. Melisandre pays a visit to the Riverlands. Robb weighs a compromise to repair his alliance with House Frey. Roose Bolton decides what to do with Jaime Lannister. Jon, Ygritte and the Wildlings face a daunting climb.

There's also a 3x06 HBO still of Sansa, so we get at least one Sansa scene.

So putting it all together, what do we have?

1. Jon: wildlings climb the wall, Orell/Jon tension (and more about Jon's loyalties)

2. Arya: leaves the BWB, possibly gets nabbed by the Hound (I'm guessing Arya will get kidnapped before Melisandre meets Gendry, which puts it in 3x06 or in early 3x07, I think)

3. Melisandre: meets the BWB, learns about Thoros' resurrections of Beric (maybe this is the episode where she meets Gendry as well)

4. King's Landing: Tywin/Olenna scene, Varys/Littlefinger scene, Sansa scene...I would imagine some fallout for Tyrion and Cersei to be shown, but we'll see

5. Bran: Bran Jojen dream prophecy blah blah blah

6. Dany: nothing

7. Stannis/Davos/Shireen: nothing

8. Sam: Sam/Gilly on the run

9. Jaime: Jaime/Brienne dinner with Roose Bolton

10. Theon: getting tortured by Boy a lot

11. Robb: negotiating with the Freys and introduction of proposed Edmure/Roslin match, possible scene with Edmure where Robb and co. try to get him to agree

Seems like a pretty packed episode, as usual, but a few of these might just be quick one-off scenes (Bran, Arya, Sam/Gilly, Theon hopefully, etc.).

D&D said something to the effect that after 3x02 it's just one set piece after another. 3x06's set piece looks like it's going to be the climbing of the Wall.

Obviously they will have Ros do it...

*snort* ... I honestly doubt they will even have a "Reek" subplot, tbh. The specifics details surrounding Theon's psychological state after torture aren't actually THAT important. They could simply use "Boy" or some other aspect of psychological torment to show how broken he is. Perhaps it will be one of those things where they make some sort of Reek joke or pun as a nod to readers.

There's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it shot of what looks like Jojen convulsing or having a seizure or something. Jojen nooo

Well there is the ongoing thread in the books about how Jojen is weak and dying. Perhaps it will illustrate that.

AFFC / ADWD sorylines will probably start by the end of season 4 ... so it isn't going to be THAT long.

Also, they may prepone the theon chapters in ADWD in season 4 by couple of episodes, say by 4th or 5th episode we may see Reek in his full glory. So this season and start of next seaon, we will the transformation. The transformation itself is not going to happen overnight and will have to be shown in detail in order to make it believable. So it makes sense that they have started it already.

Nope, I agree. It really showed her wits and cunning the way she negotiates with the sellsword companies, and Mysha is just a fantastic climactic moment. Sure Astapor was cool and all, but it really wasn't that difficult to trick Kraznys and command 8000 soldiers to massacre some slavers. Yunkai was her finest point in the series to date, in my opinion.

Don't know about the Sandor thing, but they really shouldn't rush through Aryas story - what does she do after the Red Wedding?? The tavern incident?? Tickler is already dead and there is not much to cover between that and her arrival in Braavos. They need to make something up or fill in Bravoos stuff into season 4, which would make me wonder what they do with her when they cover book 4 and 5. WoW material??

I'm totally hoping that in the show, Dany just raises Mereen to the ground. Fuck the mereenese knot, just head to Westeros already. Maybe stop off at Pentos to pick up Tyrion and whoever else decides to turn up.

If they decide to keep Mereen, they better spice it up. I want to see more of the Harpy's, assasinations, murders, street battles, the whole shebang. Maybe even create a new character, a member of the rebel group who eventually joins Dany. Anything so that I dont have to see Dany giggling in the throne room, and sleeping with Daario for two seasons!

I suppose Polliver could be the one Arya cuts to pieces

Archived