[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode 6 Preview

GeorgeIAF

"Previouslys" for Episode 6 (the "Recap"):

3. Melisandre: meets the BWB, learns about Thoros' resurrections of Beric (maybe this is the episode where she meets Gendry as well)

Bryan confirmed in a comment on WIC that George wrote the scene with Mel and the brotherhood and his ep is 7 so we probably won't see her with them this ep unless its the episode closer having her find them.

*snort* ... I honestly doubt they will even have a "Reek" subplot, tbh. The specifics details surrounding Theon's psychological state after torture aren't actually THAT important. They could simply use "Boy" or some other aspect of psychological torment to show how broken he is. Perhaps it will be one of those things where they make some sort of Reek joke or pun as a nod to readers.

I really disagree... I feel like the whole "Reek" thing is way too important to Theon's character to just leave out entirely. I think an awesome way for them to handle this would be to have some sort of insinuation that Theon will be the next Reek by the end of this 3rd season. Then they would leave him out for the majority of season 4. Then after a good few episodes of four, Theon can be brought back in after allowing a little time to pass and from that point on he is already into the identity of Reek and from that point on his story from DWD can start to begin.

"Give Robb Stark my regards"

"I will"

Normally I'm basically an anti-purist showboy, but if they cut this, my wrath will follow.

The Reek thing, I think there will just be a comment about how badly Theon smells, and from that point on Ramsay will force him to call himself Reek. That's what I think will happen. A monologue explaining his last Reek would be nice, but I think it's unlikely

It sure will be Polliver (and other guys) Arya and Sandor will meet in the inn ! Polliver still has Needle !

I guess we will see Arya and the Hound make their way to the twins during episode 7 and 9 (maybe cut her out of episode 8).

Then maybe (maybe) show her in episode 10 if they want to reassure the watchers that she is alive.

Then I would wager the Inn scene to be around episode 3 or 4 of season 4.

Her departure to Braavos in episode 7 of season 4.

Her arrival there in episode 9 of season 4.

I'm hoping they keep in the storyline about Roose marrying Fat Walda for her weight in silver.

Oh dear! me too. Fat Walda is so funny.

It's unfair if we don't get her or Lord Manderly. We already were denied Strong Belwas. Hot Pie is gone.

Why do D & D cut our chubby characters???? They are all so great specially Lord Manderly!!!

At least we have Sam.

I'm 99 % sure that Lord Manderly will be portrayed in the series.

Manderly's important to the later story as one of the only Northern allies (as well as someone who will continue Davos' story). They would not be bothering to introduce Wendel Manderly as a redshirt bannerman to bite it at the RW this season unless they wanted to bring his father into the mix later on.

As for whether they will have Arya's scene with Polliver, it will assuredly take place since he's got Needle. But it probably will be held back until next season since they need to stretch out Arya's story somewhat before sending her to Braavos.

Also, as to what they will do with Arya in E10 after the RW, I think they'll make a point of showing her so that the audience doesn't have to wait a year to find out if she survived (it would be pretty hard to keep her presence in S4 a secret anyways).

My best guess for what they show is her on the run with the Hound and hunkering down for a rest where she will have her first wolf dream with Nymeria. This will be the easiest way for the show to transition into the (I assume) final scene of the episode where Nymeria finds Cat's body in the river and we will then have the BwB arrive on the scene so that Beric can deliver the Kiss of Life with Cat's eye's flashing open as the last shot.

I have no evidence to this point that they will include this scene but I feel as sure about this being the scene to end the season as I did all through S2 with Three Blasts and the arrival of the White Walkers at the Fist being the capper. It just makes too much sense.

I don't think The Hound is nabbing Arya until episode 8. I think they'll keep her around for Mel's visit. Also consider that they need to make Arya/Hound last all the way through next season. They're not going to squeeze one and a half seasons worth of material out of this pairing. They'll save filler "walking about" scenes for s4.

My best guess for what they show is her on the run with the Hound and hunkering down for a rest where she will have her first wolf dream with Nymeria. This will be the easiest way for the show to transition into the (I assume) final scene of the episode where Nymeria finds Cat's body in the river and we will then have the BwB arrive on the scene so that Beric can deliver the Kiss of Life with Cat's eye's flashing open as the last shot.

Would love it that way! :agree:

I do also agree on there is no need to let non-readers believing that Arya has been killed. Most would probably figure out them self..

Manderly's important to the later story as one of the only Northern allies (as well as someone who will continue Davos' story). They would not be bothering to introduce Wendel Manderly as a redshirt bannerman to bite it at the RW this season unless they wanted to bring his father into the mix later on.

I had totally forgotten they had cast Wendel. I wonder with the actor who played the Great Jon no longer around will Wendel be the one to shield Robb at the RW. It would make him more memorable and showcase the Manderly loyalty for the later storylines.

Also, as to what they will do with Arya in E10 after the RW, I think they'll make a point of showing her so that the audience doesn't have to wait a year to find out if she survived (it would be pretty hard to keep her presence in S4 a secret anyways).

I have no evidence to this point that they will include this scene but I feel as sure about this being the scene to end the season as I did all through S2 with Three Blasts and the arrival of the White Walkers at the Fist being the capper. It just makes too much sense.

That would be very nice. I had thought the siege of Castle Black was going to be the finale, with a "cliffhanger" before Stannis arrives to save the day. But that would IMO seem a bit too much like the Blackwater ending, substituting Stannis for Tywin (a bit full circle,though).

Oh my, if Dany sits out this episode my non-book-friends will be pissed again. From what i got from the internet and my friends everybody expected her to finally attack Westeros and everybody is disgruntled by her having not enough screentime in their opinion.

I wonder how they will react when they find out that she basicly does absolutly NOTHING for like 2-3 seasons or something besides having diarrhea and a weird puberty crush.

Don't know about the Sandor thing, but they really shouldn't rush through Aryas story - what does she do after the Red Wedding?? The tavern incident?? Tickler is already dead and there is not much to cover between that and her arrival in Braavos. They need to make something up or fill in Bravoos stuff into season 4, which would make me wonder what they do with her when they cover book 4 and 5. WoW material??

They will prob have alot of quiet convos between arya and the hound next to camp fires for the rest of the season

That would be very nice. I had thought the siege of Castle Black was going to be the finale, with a "cliffhanger" before Stannis arrives to save the day. But that would IMO seem a bit too much like the Blackwater ending, substituting Stannis for Tywin (a bit full circle,though).

I think that the battle for Castle Black will be a centrepiece of S4 (D&D have already said it will be a larger endeavor than Blackwater) so I think Jon's story this season probably ends with him returning to Castle Black in time to see the armies amassing in preparation for the battle. I'm still not sure how they will depict what happens with the Wildling group he's with South of the Wall. They will definitely have him escaping from Queenscrown but I'm not sure if they'll have a follow-up where they have to fight them off at Castle Black. There are shots in trailers of Jon looking up at what is assumed to be Orell's eagle coming down to attack him but I'm not sure where this is taking place. I'm also assuming that Ygritte (and Orell) will die in the finale but they could do this in a number of ways. I also think that Tormund will find a way to escape this battle and get back over the Wall (either by scaling it the way they came) or by using the secret tunnels the NW use at Castle Black. The battle there I believe will be not nearly at the same scale as it was in the books because I think they're going to leave the big stuff there for the following season.

Regardless, those events would be exciting but not really in the "cliffhanger to end your season on" category. The final scene in both seasons has been supernatural in nature and leaves you wanting more. The battle at Castle Black doesn't really qualify. It would be the end of Jon's arc for the season though.

It sure will be Polliver (and other guys) Arya and Sandor will meet in the inn ! Polliver still has Needle !

I guess we will see Arya and the Hound make their way to the twins during episode 7 and 9 (maybe cut her out of episode 8).

Then maybe (maybe) show her in episode 10 if they want to reassure the watchers that she is alive.

Then I would wager the Inn scene to be around episode 3 or 4 of season 4.

Her departure to Braavos in episode 7 of season 4.

Her arrival there in episode 9 of season 4.

This is very unlikely. A lot of people seem to have the idea that the show will simply plow forward into the AFfC & ADwD material next season, and totally ignore all semblance of dramatic structure in a narrative. I'd be willing to bet that nearly every 'established' character besides Bran and Brienne will end next season approximately where they did in ASoS. The endings provided in that book are nearly perfect for ending a season of television, and won't be discarded.

If that means that certain characters have to have their arcs supplemented with original material, or material transposed from either an earlier book or a later book, so be it. It's not as if there isn't - by and large - enough story remaining in ASoS to mostly fill out a very satisfying season of television. And in addition to that material, there will also be the chronologically relevant material from AFfC in season four (the Kingsmoot, in particular). I'm still not sure to what extent the Dornish characters will be introduced next season (I believe they'll end up saving Sunspear for the fifth season, and will have Arianna [at least] accompany Oberyn to King's Landing), however.

And logistically, it doesn't really make sense to push forward in such a way, either. Take your example with Arya... Would it really be worthwhile to spend the money to have someone design and partially build a set (real and/or digital) for Braavos, when that location will only appear in one or two episodes of the season? It would make more sense to end her story with her decision to leave Westeros, and at the most ending with a far shot of the city while Arya is still on the boat.

I think they'll take their time with the remaining events of ASoS, for the most part. They've got to realize what a challenge adapting the two latest books into one (maybe two) seasons of quality television is going to be, so why would they complicate their job further by abandoning predetermined beginnings and endings for their characters (again; roughly)? Especially when those endings are so damned good.

Riverlands - Mel meets BWB. Hound kidnaps Arya.

Bran - Jojen and Osha appear in trailer. Hopefully they flesh out Meera.

Theon - Some torture sexposition.

Robb - Meets with Freys.

Jaime - Dinner with Roose.

Jon - The Climb.

King's Landing - Tywin/Olenna. Varys/LF.

Sam - He appears in the recap, so... possible Slayer scene?

Dany and Dragonstone excluded.

Archived