[Book Spoilers] No Patchface?

Warrior Queen

The birds have scales, and the fish take wing

As i said i figured that the scales birds mean dragons, and that the fish take wing is about Lysa Tully and the Moondoor. Is this just randomly in the same line or can this be a little hint that Dany will land in the Eyrie as some people suspect. Also because Visenya landed in the Eyrie while young boy ruled....Sweetrobin is a young boy..

Patchface MIGHT be in at some point. Shireen learned the song from him.

more info....

http://www.westeros....ew_Bryan_Cogman

I thought that Bryan explained that very well. The scene had Patchface in it but it just wasn't working the other characters getting introduced in a powerfully emotional way.

but Bryan did leave the door open for him to be in or out later on. He did the song as a nod to book readers whether they try and introduce Patches later on or not.

He took the lyrics directly from Patches prophecy songs so yeah...

I think "Snow falls up" is just descriptive of the next episode, when Jon Snow will be scaling the Wall. (As opposed to him rising in the ranks.) But it doesn't really matter which one it is, as both will take place.

I think that is why they went with lyrics that could be interrupted multiple ways so that if things change there's still a way to work out that these lyrics happened.

We heard Shireen sing a song that looks an awfull lot like the songs patchface sings.

Is Shireen going to take over his role with the prophesies? I can't find anything that states patchface was casted so it kinda looks like he is not going to be in the show which really sucks!

Thank God! Patchface was so annoying in the books.

People really wanted Patchface in the show? Some things just don't translate well to screen, and Patchface is one of them. He would look incredibly stupid.

You are right, there is no creative or visual potential at all in the creepiest lunatic in Westeros, who has a motley-tattooed face, may be a direct conduit to either the Drowned God or the Others, and spouts off hideously violent prophecies while dressed as a fool. None at all.

• 10 months later...

The show has been merging characters together. It wouldn't surprise me if Shireen and Patchface are 1 person in the show. (Though I'd love to think that she is hearing these things from Patchface off-screen and that we'll eventually meet him). But I also had another idea...

What if she eventually lets out that Patchface is a man she sees that no one else does? Sure, it takes away from all the huge possibilities of Patchface being this God in human form. Imagine what you could do with that? She's alone a lot, it would only make sense to introduce him as an 'imaginary friend'.. But he could just be there, communicating through her in a very cryptic manner. The show, at that point, could either never actually show him, or give a glimpse (be it through a Shireen POV or a brief instance with a mirror). If done in that way, he could be one creepy SOB... It would be less campy and annoying and it would bring his part to the table, leave open possibilities with his character/entity, without all that crappy stuff.

Thoughts?

P.S. I'm highly intrigued by the character, if you can't tell.

Patchface = Tom Bombadil

- beloved character in the books

- funny, loves to rhyme, seems to know a LOT

- very mysterious and unexplainable

- not in the movies/tv show because of that

- represents the authors of the books inside the books (imho)

Archived