Favorite quotes from all the books?

RintrahsRoar

"When the sun has set, no candle can replace it"

"The things I do for love"

"There are no men like me. Only me."

"Jaime Lannister sends his regards"

"This singer's killed my lady wife"

"Mysha! Mysha! Mysha!"

"Her name was Elia Martell. You raped her. You murdered her. You killer her children."

"There are no men like me. Only me." - Jaime, book 1

basically the whole conversation between younger Ned and the remaining 3 of the Kingsguard - Eddard's flashback, book 1

"A true man does what he will, not what he must." - Cersei, book 1

"...he thought us friends. A common mistake." "Snow, my wife called me before she ate her fingers, but I say Bolton." - Ramsay, book 2

"You're mine," she whispered. "Mine, as I'm yours. And if we die, we die. All men must die, Jon Snow. But first we'll live." - Ygritte, book 3. (my personal favorite, from the most poignant part of the book)

"This cave is dark too, but I'm the terror here. I hope your god's a sweet one, Dondarrion. You're going to meet him shortly." - the Hound, book 3

How much can a crown be worth, when a crow can dine upon a king? - Jaime, book 4

"This must have been an uncommonly sinful horse," - Jaime, book 4

This is a time for beasts. For lions and wolves and angry dogs, for ravens and carrion crows. - Jaime, book 4

<the whore wearing Robb's crown> gave a shake of her ample hips. "I'm the queen o' whores."

No, Jaime thought, my sweet sister holds that title too. - Jaime, book 4

"We were king's men, knights, and heroes...but some knights are dark and full of terror, my lady. War makes monsters of us all." - Thoros of Myr, book 4

"We may lose our heads, it's true...but what if we prevail?" - Eddard, book 5

"Get the keys and remove those chains from him, before you make me rue the day I raped your mother." - Roose Bolton, book 5

"If I must die, I will die with an axe in my hand and a curse upon my lips." - Asha, book 5

excluded the foreshadowing, revealing, or ironic quotes, even though there are a lot of good ones

“The Red God takes what is his, lovely girl. And only death may pay for life. You saved me and the two I was with. You stole three deaths from the Red God. We have to give them back. Speak three names and the man will do the rest. Three lives I will give you - no more, no less, and we're done.”

everything dolorous edd says i swear

and everything the KG said in neds fever dream about the tower of joy.

"woe to the usurper"

"our knees do not bend so easily"

the war was lost and these guys still being badass and loyal i just love it it stands out to me

"take those chains off him before you make me rue the day i raped your mother" Roose bolton

Renly "you may have the better claim, but you see i have the bigger army" basically sums up that claims mean shit i liked it

"you think its honour that keeps the peace, Its Fear Fear and Blood" oh yea robert going all targ despite being a targ hater.

"..He showed the ring to Maester Lothar, who delivered him to Butterwell, who no doubt pissed his breeches at the sight of it and started wondering if he had chosen the wrong side and how much Bloodraven knows of this conspiracy. The answer to that last is 'quite a lot.' " Plumm chuckled.

I will pick a quote from each book,

• Game of Thrones: Do we have your leave to take our vengeance against Ser Gregor, then?” Marq Piper asked the throne. “Vengeance?” Ned said. “I thought we were speaking of justice. Burning Clegane’s fields and slaughtering his people will not restore the king’s peace, only your injured pride.” Ned explains to Mark Piper the difference between vengeance and justice
  • Clash of Kings: Make it Ser Jaime the Kingslayer henceforth," Stannis said, frowning. "Whatever else the man may be, he remains a knight. I don't know that we ought to call Robert my beloved brother either. He loved me no more than he had to, nor I him. Stannis being honest and following etiquette
  • Storm of Swords: "Why can't I just be Samwell Tarly?" He sat down heavily on a wet log that Grenn had yet to split. "It was the dragonglass that slew it. Not me, the dragonglass." Sam in denial about his act of killing the Other
  • Feast for Crows: I make men laugh."

"And women weep."

"Is that my fault? Women have no sense of humor."

Brienne lowered Oathkeeper. "Dig a grave. There, beneath the weirwood." She pointed with her blade.

"I have no spade."

"You have two hands." One more than you left Jaime.

"Why bother? Leave them for the crows."

"Timeon and Pyg can feed the crows. Nimble Dick will have a grave. He was a Crabb. This is his place." Brienne making sure that Dick Crabb is buried properly and actually forcing Shagwell to dig the grave.
  • Dance with Dragons: Some men hunt, some hawk, some tumble dice. Roose plays with men. You and me, these Freys, Lord Manderly, his plump new wife, even his bastard, we are but his playthings. Lady Dustin analysing Roose Bolton in a few sentences
  • The Mystery Knight: Aye, and if all the other knights in the realm should die, I'd be the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard. If only Dunk knew that one day he would become LC.
  • The Sworn Sword: My first husband perished on the Redgrass Field. My father found me others, but the Stranger took them, too. I no longer trust in men, no matter how ample they may seem. I trust in stone and steel and water. I trust in moats, ser, and mine will not go dry Lady Rohane talking about men and trust
  • The Hedge Knight: Egg has the truth of it. Aerion’s quite the monster. He thinks he’s a dragon in human form, you know. That’s why he was so wroth at that puppet show. A pity he wasn’t born a Fossoway, then he’d think himself an apple and we’d all be a deal safer, but there you are. Daeron Targaryen talking about his brother Aerion.

“Yes, Jon. It need not be for long. Only until such time as the garrison returns. Donal chose you, and Qhorin Halfhand before him. Lord

Commander Mormont made you his steward. You are a son of Winterfell, a nephew of Benjen Stark. It must be you or no one. The Wall is

yours, Jon Snow.”

Oh man, I don't have the book in front of me to find the exact quote, but it is what Doran Martell tells his daughter about how if Oberyn is the viper then he is the grass that hides the snake. Anybody have that quote?

Archived