Favorite quotes from all the books?

RintrahsRoar

"woe to the ursurper" oswell whent

"take those chains off him before you make me rue the day i raped your mother"- roose bolton

"No man is truly free, only fools and children believe otherwise"- Tywin Lannister

“I think life is a jape. Yours, mine, everyone's”- tyrion lannister

“So young," said Wyman Manderly, "Though mayhaps this was a blessing. Had he lived he would've grown up to be a Frey.”- wyman manderly

“The past remains the past. We can learn from it, but we cannot change it.”- bloodraven

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid" - Bran

"That is the only time a man can be brave" - Ned

"The cave is dark, but I'm the terror here" - Sandor

"Elia of Dorne. I killed her screaming whelp. Then I raped her. Then I smashed her fucking head in. Like this" - Gregor

"Perhaps we can fly. All of us. How will we ever know unless we leap from some tall tower? No man ever truly knows what he can do unless he dares to leap" - Euron

"Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all i could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne." -Stannis

Not got the books to hand, so just off the top of my head:

'Vengence. Justice. Fire and blood' ~ Doran Martell

'In life, the monsters win.' ~ Sansa Stark

'Love is poison, a sweet poison, yes - but it will kill you all the same.' ~ Cersei

Jaimes 'So many vows' quote

Brans 'only broken' quote on Winterfell

'Whats a god compared to a nice bowl of onion soup?' ~ Ed

Quite frankly the whole exchange between Davos and Manderly - its full of amazing quotes.

Easily the most memorable line in the series for me.

This ones just a great mad scientist quote.

Yes absolutely, those are brilliant quotes.

On a less serious and less cliche quote, this is one of the best quotes of the series (sorry for the entire context, but the quote in itself isn't very funny):

“My lord,” boomed Hosteen Frey. “We know the man who did this. Killed this boy and all the
rest. Not by his own hand, no. He is too fat and craven to do his own killing. But by his word.” He turned
to Wyman Manderly. “Do you deny it?”
The Lord of White Harbor bit a sausage in half. “I confess …” He wiped the grease from his lips
with his sleeve. “… I confess that I know little of this poor boy. Lord Ramsay’s squire, was he not? How
old was the lad?”
“Nine, on his last nameday.”
“So young,” said Wyman Manderly. “Though mayhaps this was a blessing. Had he lived, he
would have grown up to be a Frey.”

• 5 months later...

I love the whole meeting of Bran, Jojen, Meera and Hodor with Sam and Gilly

Jojen frowned. “This . . . Coldhands?”

“That wasn’t his true name,” said Gilly, rocking. “We only called him that, Sam and me. His hands were cold as ice, but he saved us from the dead men, him and his ravens, and he brought us here on his elk.”

“His elk?” said Bran, wonderstruck.

“His elk?” said Meera, startled.

“His ravens?” said Jojen.

“Hodor?” said Hodor

If this doesn't some up there group then I don't know what does, plus I was laughing so much at this exchange.

”I came down to Storm’s End to lift the siege,” Ned told them, “and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them.”
"Our knees do not bend easily,” said Ser Arthur Dayne.

Arthur Dayne is kind of a BAMF.

“That wasn’t his true name,” said Gilly, rocking. “We only called him that, Sam and me. His hands were cold as ice, but he saved us from the dead men, him and his ravens, and he brought us here on his elk.”

“Hodor?” said Hodor

If this doesn't some up there group then I don't know what does, plus I was laughing so much at this exchange.

That one seriously made me lol when first read.

“Hodor?” said Hodor

Might have been the hardest I ever laughed

Archived