[book spoilers] Nitpick without repurcussions

Winter's Knight

Shireen is blond. What happened to Ned's "Baratheon: black of hair"? A war was started on the pretext of that little piece of evidence, ffs.

Oh wow, I never even noticed this while watching. Very good point.

Also, didn't care for the Loras stuff or babies in jars.

I've given up on the Robb and the North story so nothing they do really surprises me there anymore.

Robb planning to take Casterly Rock not retake the North.

Lack of scenes North of the Wall especially failing to really develop Tormund.

Blonde Shireen is pretty ridiculous/lazy. And no patchface is a shame considering how prophetic his songs are.

Selyse being crazy rather than unpleasant.

Loras being the heir to Highgarden and not in the KG.

Also, Robb spent almost the entire second season in the West. Only now did it occur to him to take Casterly Rock?? After he' travelled back to Riverrun? Really?! The show is determined to make the Stark men as thick as the trunks on the weirwood trees they pray to. lol

Tywin cannot decide how to pronounce Tyrell...

this!

Shireen is blond. What happened to Ned's "Baratheon: black of hair"? A war was started on the pretext of that little piece of evidence, ffs.

and this!

i also expected the hound to show much more fear when the fire was introduced in the duel. and i am really hating how jon is being fleshed out. or not fleshed out as the case turns out!

And why was it even necessary? Couldn't Loras have refused the prostitute because of his devotion to Renly, but used the excuse about his betrothal to Sansa? It would have advanced the plot without erasing a major part of Loras' character and reducing him to his sexuality.

They must have been reading this forum where people complained out the lack of male nudity in sex scenes! :)

-

Robb wanting to go for CR. Just no.

Littlefinger bad in every scene.

Great episode otherwise.

- Jon's 'seven hells'. I would have liked it, if any southron person'd have said it, but not Jon. He is so of the North he probably shits snow.

- the hound crying and the 'I'm the terror here' line

- I'd really like to know just exactly how long Tormunds member is... har.

- I doubt they could make a solution that would preserve babies as good as they were showed, so add baby jars to the list

- the pace of the KL-plot. Like, BAM BAM BAM, can one catch a breath please?

- The 'swift stroke' of Karstark's death, although I liked everything else about it. I know I'm too critical on these things, being a med student and all, but bitch please. Those muscles and bone and sinews aren't like butter you know.

- Casterly Rock. Really. Seriously.

- Tyrion being run over by QoT. Just please, Tyrion, please.

I'd still give the episode a fat nine however. Amazingly done.

Some swords are really sharp, you know.

Yeah, I know, that's why I accepted Ned's beheading and all with Valyrian.

But comparing Karstark muscularity and Robb's... I just don't find it likely. Perhaps If you hit precisely between cranial 2 & 3... Well... meds student gonna meds you know... It's the same with the 'instant death by arrow in bowels'.

But hey, nitpick withour repercussions, right? ;)

"Seven hells"

It's not that big a deal, really. Just a common enough curse. I've been an atheist for as long as I've been using my brains about spiritual things and a lot of Judeo-Christianity is just baffling to me, but I still I say things like goddamnit and jesus christ all the time.

I didn't like the lack of Hound's most important character traits in the fight. They only display his terror of fire by having him take a spooked step back whenever he sees a flame, when he should be really goddamn fragile about the stuff. Sure he hacks at his shield and screams a little, but who wouldn't? I wanted to see him shattered and half mad from pain and unbearable fear towards fire.

One thing that truly annoyed me was Beric's half-assed attempt to block hound's slash right before the end. It just didn't seem realistic. I'm hazy regarding the book , but I thought Beric was really close to offing Sandor but the hound managed to kill him only by shattering his sword through sheer strength and desperation.

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT LOVED THE FETUS ROOM?

It was PURE Gothic horror! Stannis Baratheon's family is pure a Gothic story. We have the crazed, passionate but unloved wife, the disfigured child in the shadows, the foreign cultist and the terrifying half-wit mumbling prophecies that come true living in a big, dark gloomy Castle.(BTW WHERE THE FUCK WAS PATCHFACE???? THAT PISSE ME OFF)) so it works really, really well.

Maybe i'm morbid, but I thought it was fucking ace.

And Karstarks being half of Robbs forces was a shake my head moment

Whatever happened to the "when the sun has set, not canddle can replace it" Loras I knew and loved?

:agree: besides that i thought it was pretty great.

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT LOVED THE FETUS ROOM?

It was PURE Gothic horror! Stannis Baratheon's family is pure a Gothic story. We have the crazed, passionate but unloved wife, the disfigured child in the shadows, the foreign cultist and the terrifying half-wit mumbling prophecies that come true living in a big, dark gloomy Castle.(BTW WHERE THE FUCK WAS PATCHFACE???? THAT PISSE ME OFF)) so it works really, really well.

Maybe i'm morbid, but I thought it was fucking ace.

nope. I loved it. It made her looks very creepy. It almost made me forget she was supposed to have a mustache.

And about the No patchface.. i made a thread, but it seems it's not being approved... very lame. I even wrote out Shireen's song or should I say patchface song.

The problem with taking more than one stroke is that they've used this extensively with Theon beheading Ser Rodrick. They wanted to make sure that the message gets across that while Robb makes mistakes (and dear god how many he makes here -.-), in this respect he is very much like his father and not like Theon.

Archived