[Book spoilers] Sansa and Petyr

juanml82

Oh there's not real reason plot wise, but for me it would be satisfying to see her take an active role, and get Joffrey back for all his jerkassness. He beheaded her father, beat her and humiliated her in front of the entire court. He threatened to rape her in the books. It seems more right that she should poison him, even though it's totally OOC. That's just what I hope. LOL

Littlefinger's whole character seems really forced these days, I feel like banging my head against the wall every time he has a scene. I didn't mind the role that this scene played in the show, but Aidan Gillen and his stupid voice change is really starting to ruin every scene he is in for me.

I know I've mentioned it a couple of times but his voice/accent changes are ssooo weird. Aiden Gillen why are you talking like that ahahaha

Maybe we'll all be eating our words when "Littlefinger has strep throat" becomes a plot point or something.

Aside from the acting I enjoyed the scene as much as you can enjoy Littlecreeper doing his creepin'. It definitely re-established him as a creepy, insidious manipulator towards Sansa - a lot of my show watcher friends are now questioning whether he wants to use her to get closer to Cat or if he's become fixated on her instead now.

It'll be Petyr or the Tyrells who give it to her probably. But I hope Sansa in on the whole thing and takes a more active role. Like it's her putting poison in the wine and not Olenna.

I like the idea of a Dark Sansa emerging during TWOW, but Sansa killing so early in the series would be way ahead of the curve I'd like her character to have.

But it would be awesome. Maybe they'll get her to suspect something, and she carries on because of that?

Oh lord...off topic, I just had this horribly amusing image of the "only cat" scene (which I am looking forward to) ending up like the scene from Lion King when Mufasa dies. I just wanted to share that here, since we are discussing how in the show he's much more of a pantomime villain.

Aidan Gillen needs to just talk with his normal Irish accent, not whatever he's doing now, it sounds so forced. But now that I think about it even when he talks normally, he has a kind of grating growl to his voice.

I kind of feel sorry for all the Irish and Scottish actors on this show desperately trying to suppress their accents, with varying degrees of success. Aidan Gillen is the worst offender, but Richard Madden's burr comes out at the worst times, and Rory McCann's attempts at suppressing his accent result in some forced-sounding line readings.

I know I've mentioned it a couple of times but his voice/accent changes are ssooo weird. Aiden Gillen why are you talking like that ahahaha

Maybe we'll all be eating our words when "Littlefinger has strep throat" becomes a plot point or something.

I don't understand what many posters here are saying. What do you mean with accent changes? Do you mean the fact that his voice has recently become raspier? Because that is not an issue of "accent". Or do you mean he shifts from an Irish to a RP accent?

I've always thought that he was supposed to be speaking like a relatively low-born person who tries to sound like a high-born (only partially succeeding)!

I'm not from the UK so I don't always pick up on the subtleties of different dialects but I swear it's not just the growly Batman voice - it really does seem like the accent itself is inconsistent from scene to scene and season to season.

I'm not from the UK so I don't always pick up on the subtleties of different dialects but I swear it's not just the growly Batman voice - it really does seem like the accent itself is inconsistent from scene to scene and season to season.

Maybe it's a habit he picked up on the set of The Dark Knight Rises

Aidan Gillen needs to just talk with his normal Irish accent, not whatever he's doing now, it sounds so forced. But now that I think about it even when he talks normally, he has a kind of grating growl to his voice.

I dunno, it doesn't seem very growly in The Wire.

It'll be Petyr or the Tyrells who give it to her probably. But I hope Sansa in on the whole thing and takes a more active role. Like it's her putting poison in the wine and not Olenna.

I think this would be more satisfying for the TV only audience, given their intense hatred for Joffrey, but I doubt it will play out this way. I think they will make it a mystery like Martin did in the books.

The poison will probably come from Petyr's spy. The Tyrells seem to trust him. So he delivers it and says it's a gift from lady Margaery. This way, you just have to have Margaery say to Sansa "ohhh, this is absolutely beautiful" as they're preparing for the wedding, playing up the whole "girl time bffs" angle. So Petyr has the spy suggest the idea to the Tyrells and it still turns out that Petyr was behind it all.

Spy dude:Hey we should totally use this poison to kill Joffrey

Olenna: Spy dude, that's a great idea! How should we do it?

Spy dude: -tells LF's plan-

on the day of the wedding

Margaery: This is absolutely beautiful, can you wear you it today? It would make me so happy.

there you go.

That looks possible. I wonder if they'll use a hairnet - it would be too much of a giveaway to book readers, and they might want to store a surprise for us instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I dunno, it doesn't seem very growly in The Wire.

well from what I understand, the closest accent to American English is Irish so it wasn't as much of a stretch as, whatever he's doing now. On Love/Hate though it got pretty growly at times. He was playing a gang boss though, but it was an irish show so he was doing whatever is close to how he normally sounds.

Archived