The Roose Bolton thread (book spoilers)

Jamie Lannister

They look similar. But I still find it weird that Roose has a neutral Irish accent and Ramsay, his son, has a poshish English accent.

I think Ramsay's voice was affected. He sounds less posh in the promo for next week. Still pretty English though, so I guess he has delusions of eloquence.

I (hate-)loved Roose in the books, and I (hate-)love Roose in the movies. I think he deserves more personal moments. The actor hasn't convinced me yet, but I'm waiting for it to happen aaaany time.

Oh yes. I am definitely looking forward to the Roose -Jaime-Brienne dinner next week. :D The little glimpse in the promo where Brienne is obviously angry at something that's been said (the 'worry about sapphires' comment?) and starts to pick up her knife, and Jaime just puts his left hand quietly over hers to still it. I always love reading the Harrenhal dinner because of the careful verbal fencing between Roose and Jaime, with Jaime hoping that Brienne 'gets' what is going on and doesn't interrupt.

I wish Brienne would've told him he tried to rape her. Would've loved to see his displeased response.

And yes, the Starks will fall, but the Boltons will rise. Can't wait -- especially since I don't particularly care for show Robb.

So anyone else worried there's a danger of people actually cheering for Roose Bolton during the RW?

I doubt it. As of now, the Unsullied viewers would have noticed him, but I doubt they care too much about him at this point. It's just us book readers that really cherish his scenes.

I love it when he exerts his authority (like when he snapped at Locke); he really has the powerful voice for it. He should wear that fur cloak from S2 more, though...

And yeah, maybe the Ramsay -- by name -- reveal will be next week.

I loved that fur cloak! It only helps his badassness.

I feel really evil but I did laugh when Roose tells Ramsay not to make him rue the day he raped his mother. Dark humour indeed.

But yes, in the books I pegged Roose as a heartless man who could potentially betray Robb but I was never certain. And so the events of the RW had a nice balance between making sense and being surprised. And in ADWD I find him to be one of the most compelling villains of the series - far more than Ramsay, whose evil I find over the top.

It's ok, I did too. I probably laughed harder than I should have at that too :dunno:

Because my English friends are sure he has a strong irish accent, and my Irish friends don't know what kind of accent he has in the show. This kind of stuff freaks me out because I am a little OCD on accents.

I don't know where he comes from, but if all the men there sound like that then I'm moving!

Does anyone find him kind of sexy?

No?

:leaving:

Hell YES I have such a huge crush on this man! His voice, his demeanor, everything. I like older men anyway, just this thing I have. And not just KIND OF sexy, a LOT sexy. I could stare at this man and listen to him talk all day... okay, I seriously have to stop now, I could go on all day about my giant crush on him (and Ser Davos and Dany.. but mostly Roose!)!

:drool:

I don't know where he comes from, but if all the men there sound like that then I'm moving

He is from Kerry in Ireland, and my parents seem to think he has a neutral Kerry accent, sort of like I have a neutral Limerick accent. I guess the show runners thought that Roose had such a unique voice in the books that if the got him to keep his natural speaking voice(Michael has a great voice outside of the show as well

) he would stand out from the rest of the English accents to convey Roose as someone significant. Maybe.

He is from Kerry in Ireland, and my parents seem to think he has a neutral Kerry accent, sort of like I have a neutral Limerick accent. I guess the show runners thought that Roose had such a unique voice in the books that if the got him to keep his natural speaking voice(Michael has a great voice outside of the show as well

) he would stand out from the rest of the English accents to convey Roose as someone significant. Maybe.

Thank you Cellio! I prefer my Roose in mail and a fur cape as oppossed to a yellow sweater but any opportunity I get to listen to that man talk is a golden moment ;)

Well that settles it.. I'm moving to Ireland!

Thank you Cellio! I prefer my Roose in mail and a fur cape as oppossed to a yellow sweater but any opportunity I get to listen to that man talk is a golden moment ;)

Well that settles it.. I'm moving to Ireland!

Funnily enough the sketch in the first link I sent you is very similar to what he did to Jaime! "Perspective!" Lol

He needs to sport more pink.

Pink leather and latex.

Archived