Why do so many people think, Lyanna went with Rhaegar willingly?

Jacob Feybrad

Because she probably loved him, she rejected Robert in her heart, and she said she didn't want to marry Robert

I think when Rhaegar make her Queen of Love and Beauty, she started to be in love with Rhaegar

so IMO she went freely with him

but she died in childbirth, giving birth to Jon

He was a silver haired prince who crowend her Queen of Love and Beauty, over his own wife.

Not to mention Ned was with Lyanna in her final moments, and may know something we don't. Given Ned doesn't bear ill will towards Rhaegar for the most part, I would think it's because Rhaegar actually didn't kidnap and rape his sister, and more along the lines of her wanting him as well.

Well if you count Lyanna being the KOTLT then it's possible that they fell in love when Rhaegar caught her and saw she was brave as well as beautiful and that's why he crowned her QoLaB. And Lyanna didn't want to marry Robert and couldn't stop thinking about Rhaegar and Rhaegar couldn't stop thinking about her as well, so they decided that they'd run away together.

This question bothers me since I started reading these forums.

Why do so many people think, Lyanna actually wanted to run away with Rhaegar?

I think the way Ned is not quick to anger & refuses to insult Rhaegar the way Robert does makes me believe she declared her love for Rhaegar to him on her deathbed.

Because she didn't want to marry Robert.

Because she cried when Rhaegar sang.

Because Rhaegar doesn't seem as psychopath who would call a place where he repeatedly raped some woman "Tower of Joy."

Because Eddard didn't hate him.

And most of all because she was holding flowers he'd given her when she died.

This question bothers me since I started reading these forums.

Why do so many people think, Lyanna actually wanted to run away with Rhaegar?

What reason do we have that Lyanna didn't go with Rhaegar willingly other than unlikely accounts?

From what we know of Lyanna so far, she seemed to be fond of Rhaegar instead of Robert and crowning her Queen of Love and Beauty seemed to seal the deal for him.

Don't make me go on about the Kingsguard-being-at-the-ToJ rant to prove his legitimacy!

Even if Rhaegar married Lyanna in addition to Elia, (something that hasn't happened since Aegon the conquerer and Maegor the Cruel), that still only makes Jon King after Aerys, Rhaegar and Aegon. And Rhaella and Elia after her still would be Queen-Regent even if they were all dead. There's no reason for three of the seven Kingsguard to be at the Tower of Joy, least of all their Lord-Commander. Obviously they had already gone rogue and were following Rhaegar's commands, which means they can be there Jon being a Targ or no.

Archived