(NO SPOILERS) Positive Nitpicking - what you loved about this episode.

shiola

There definitely was a song in the background for the whole of the dragonstone scenes, I loved it. Very creepy, and very sad.

I don't think it was creepy, like "Warrior of Light". It sounded to me like a more tragic and depressing version of "Warrior of Light". It reflected Stannis's sadness and frustation with his family really well.

Lion :) If its a wolf, that's a serious editing problem for the crew lol

LOL

woopsie, my bad

:blushing:

I don't think it was creepy, like "Warrior of Light". It sounded to me like a more tragic and depressing version of "Warrior of Light". It reflected Stannis's sadness and frustation with his family really well.

Sadness can be creepy. And right now they're practically the Addams family :P

On re-watching ep. 5 (with closed captioning) I just noticed that Jaime calls Pycelle a "grey, sunken cunt"...

FREAKING SHOUTOUT TO JAMES JOYCE (the phrase was famously used near the beginning of the novel Ulysses).

Bryan Cogman was already my favorite GoT writer, but this seals the deal.

1st scene of 2x05 - Renly dies by the Red God's magic.

1st scene of 3x05 - Beric resurrected by the Red God's magic.

Likely purely coincidental, but I noticed it.

Oh yeah, and everything else was awesome too!

All of the obvious ones have been gone over several times by now, so I'll just add a few of the possibly less-mentioned little things that I loved.

Sandor taking time out to sass Anguy again. He's... not fond of the archer, is he? ;)

Stannis interacting with Shireen. Standing straight as a board when she hugged him, and his response to her asking if he won the battle. :lol: Also, "He's a traitor, and he's rotting in the dungeons." (paraphrased)

Shireen period. She's very charming, and the lack of Patchface or Edric makes her situation even more sad and lonely. The way she was introduced left an instant impression even with my friends and family who haven't read the books.

Emilia Clarke continues to speak Valyrian very, very naturally, and I like the sound of the language in general and her delivery a lot more than Dothraki.

Qyburn's very disturbing expression when he's treating Jaime's arm, and his mention of his bold experiments.

The final scene, and the devastated expressions of Tyrion and Cersei as they stubbornly face away from each other. The Tysha mention renewed my hope that they won't drop that plot altogether; with Charles Dance being as charismatic as he is, I feel like we need that reminder of Tywin's cruelty.

Everything about the Dragonstone scenes. I've been a champion of Stannis for a while now, and non-book readers gave me no quarter until this episode. I loved his interactions with Selyse/Shireen. I also really really REALLY loved Shireen. Such a little cutie, and her interactions with Davos were so sweet. Just in passing, Laim Cunningham played Captain Crewe in the late 90's adaption of "A Little Princess," which just goes to show that Davos is a natural when it comes to making friends with princesses.

All of the Jaime/Brienne scenes. Occasionally I encounter a lot of heat from fellow book lovers about how much the TV show deviates from the source material, and it's scenes like this that prove how wrong they can be. I was blown away at how loyal these scenes were to the books. Just amazing performances from NCW and Gwen. Spot on and wonderful. Also, troll Bolton had me laughing so hard.

I am consistantly impressed with the BwB scenes. Richard Dormer has been in all of 3 scenes, and yet he brings so much to Beric Dondarrion's character. Loved the fight with him and the Hound, loved Maise William's acting, loved the line about bringing Ned back, so good all around.

This is fantastic episode. And the best moments are all over but some that caught my eyes are first. Beric dying and coming back to life. :stunned: Loved everything about Arya. Her pleas make me cry. :crying: Stannis became human it was a great moment for me. Deflowering Jon Snow :drool: . It was amazing scene. "I never wanna leave this cave." Their story is one of true love in this show, and i love it so much. This episode was full of love if I recall well. Dany moments are always beautiful. Loved how the two men fought for the place of the Hand of the Queen. :bowdown: and she in the back walking around so beautiful. And the Grey Worm, I love hearing Valerian, I love when she speaks it. And the last scene blow me away, even dough it was scary. Tywin showing that he is BadAss, You are my children and you will do as I say. Bully parenting, scary but i liked it. Just to say who is the Boss in Kingslanding.

Archived