[Book Spoiler] Harrion Karstark

Lord Roivas

I know they are changing quite a bit to reduce complexity. However I noticed Robb said that he saw Harrion die in battle. Harrion is still alive as of Book 6, it was Torrhen and Eddard who were killed.

I also noticed Loras Tyrell is the Heir of Highgarden. They chopped away two Tyrells it seems.

They just didn't want to add another Eddard into the mix. I don't think the Karstark sons will ever amount to anything imporant.

As for the other Tyrell brothers they could show up eventually, but for now using Loras streamlines the story. There are enough characters as it is.

^^^^^ That. When she returns to Karhold with the Magnar, Karhold will quickly settle.

Robb's beheading of Karstark was my favorite scene from the episode. "Kill me and be cursed, you are no king of mine". Thats how a man gets beheaded, he did go quietly like poor Ned Stark or even Robb.

Loras has been butched by D&D, he should be a member of Joffrey's KG by now. Offering Cersei for Loras is even worse than give her to Willas.

^^^^^ That. When she returns to Karhold with the Magnar, Karhold will quickly settle.

Robb's beheading of Karstark was my favorite scene from the episode. "Kill me and be cursed, you are no king of mine". Thats how a man gets beheaded, he did go quietly like poor Ned Stark or even Robb.

Loras has been butched by D&D, he should be a member of Joffrey's KG by now. Offering Cersei for Loras is even worse than give her to Willas.

He is going to join the KG soon.. probably to get out of marrying Cersei.

What happened to Kevan Lannister?

He was in a couple episodes last season. He's not really important other than being someone to be in the room with Tywin. Probably distracts from the conversation the main characters are having.

Yea but the thing is there is Magnar, hell we haven't even seen Val

Yea but the thing is there is Magnar, hell we haven't even seen Val

It's not out of the question, albeit admittedly rather unlikely, that Ygritte survives the attack on Castle Black and essentially substitutes for Val thereafter. It'll create some weird sexual tensions though, but that might be circumventable. She could be the major character that dies in the book but not in the show. They insinuated that there would be one this season.

I get that they want to simplify the whole Karstark stuff and not have another dead guy called Eddard. But I really hope we see Alys, cus she's awesomesauce.

guys I got a question. Why did they have Cercei betrothed to Loras? Why does this show, D and D, seem that they can only TALK about characters that WE SEEN ON THE SHOW already and not talk about a character that we never met or will ever meet. Like they could of just said Willas, but they don't have to show him. They can still discuss about him. I just don't understand these stupid and pointless moves.

Eddard would be too confusing, and the series gone out of it's way to avoid too similair names, like the Asha/Osha make them change it to Yara.

True - but they could easily have made up a completely different name, or called him Edward. There are a lot of changes that I don't mind; but, I don't like killing off characters are are alive & well in the books (or transplanting them). There's really no need to do it either. If they are going to change the name, change the name, not the character.

guys I got a question. Why did they have Cercei betrothed to Loras? Why does this show, D and D, seem that they can only TALK about characters that WE SEEN ON THE SHOW already and not talk about a character that we never met or will ever meet. Like they could of just said Willas, but they don't have to show him. They can still discuss about him. I just don't understand these stupid and pointless moves.

100% agree. Great question. You don't need to hire actors/have everyone appear. It would be perfectly fine to mention someone in passing. It would throw a bone to the readers, & I doubt it would confuse non-readers - they probably wouldn't even notice.

They should really be mentioning the Martells a bit more too. It will be interesting to see who they merge/write out there. And Hoster Tully's death could have had a bit more of an impact had he been mentioned at all prior to appearing on a funeral barge.

Archived