3) jaime dies

4) brienne dies

5) bran dies

6) jon dies

7) walder frey doesn't suffer for what he did

8) no stalk reunion

9) davos dies

10) lord fat dies

11) varys lied and is not a eunuch (damn theory i read here is bothering me)

12) sansa doesn't beat littlefinger at his own game. also i don't want littlefinger to bed her (another theory i read here makes it sound like he has to before he loses)

13) tyrion doesn't get punished for killing his dad. i don't care how horrible his father was, and i don't care how bitter tyrion is. i really don't want tyrion to get casterly rock. give it to cersei or even that pious lancel

14) dany never invades

15) martin stops writing up more targ history. rhaegar, and bloodraven are very interesting. i wish to know more about what happened in the past than about some ironborn pirate

16) the others never invade south.

Wow you have some hopeful outlloks for alot of pov's. might as well stop reading now.

No burning, I dont like smoke. There would be several table flipped over if certain things come to pass.

Chief among them House Baratheon ending and losing Storms End. WHY DONT YOU JUST KICK ME IN THE GROIN GRRM!?!?

I have to add something to my list:

10) If the climactic battle against the Others turns out to be a cliched 'hold out against the Legions of Hell until the super-weapon or person arrives (in this case Dany's dragons)' affair which ends with the dragons simply burning all the Others and wights to death.

But if that happens it will already be too late.

I wouldn't burn the books, but a Jon/Dany match could really, really make me hate the last books.

Especially if Jon gets a dragon.

I also don't want a happy ending.

I would also really be disappointed if more than half of the Greyjoy PoVs die.

I would burn the books for only 3 reasons:

1) We never find out the great mystery of Jon Snow's parentage

2) The Boltons, Freys or Greyjoys are on the Iron Throne

3) It was all a warg dream

Other than that, I wouldn't feel cheated or disappointed. I have no idea where GRRM is going to go with the next two books and I certainly had no idea where he would go with the story when I first sat down and watched this new show called Game of Thrones back in April 2011.

This basically sums it up for me pretty nicely, particularly the dream one. I want this all to have happened. Well in so much as anything in this fictional series really happens. :)

I hope Cersei and Tyrion interact during Cersei's death scene and she goes all omg Tyrion it was you I should have loved not Jaime now save me and Tyrion doesn't help her.

Take your revenge, Tyrion!

As angry as I would be if any of these occurred, I would never burn the books:

- If the contents of Robb's will are never revealed.

- If Howland never appears.

- If Aegon's legitimacy is never proven/disproved.

- If the Greatjon dies.

- If Benjen turns out have simply been dead this whole time.

- If it ends with us knowing everything about the Others - it is better if they remain mysterious.

- If Jon sits on the Iron Throne.

- If any more Starks die.

- Jon's parentage is never revealed.

- If Dany never returns to Westeros.

- Tyrion does not return to Westeros with Dany.

- Ramsay Bolton in the end of the books is the Warden/King/Supreme Ruler of the North.

- Ramsay lives.

- None of the Starks reunite

- Freys prosper.

- Varys' past and motives are never truly revealed.

Why do people need to preface their answer by highlighting their bookishness and saying they would never do anything so awful as to burn a book? I'm pretty sure no one who has responded to this thread is actually going to ritually burn their books if the story doesn't go the way they want.

- If anybody - particularly Jon - turns out to actually be azor ahai reborn. I am a firm disbeliever in the notion that AAR even exists.

- If Howland never shows up

- If the Greatjon dies

- If Benjen turns out have simply been dead this whole time (or if he is Coldhands)

- if it ends with us knowing everything about the Others - its better if they remain mysterious.

- If Theon survives (he's one of my favourite characters, but Death would be the best direction for him to go in at the moment)

But above all else, If Davos dies.

If Jon sits on the Iron Throne, i will not just burn them, but roast them, coat them in meat and feed them to some polar bears.

I suggest you start scouting your property for a good fire pit location. No need to start actually digging yet, you won't be officially disappointed for several more years.

Finding out about UnCat was one of the worst moments for me, but I never burned any books, plus I kept reading, despite hating it. I guess there are other things to like. But I still hate UnCat. I really liked and respected Catelyn as a character (although I know many on this forum would disagree) and by the final scene of the Red Wedding, I just wanted her suffering to end and for her to be at peace. Then GRRM goes and brings her back as a half-rotten vengeful zombie with a bloodlust. I just saw it as an affront to her memory....

I'd never burn the books... I'm against book burning :cool4:

I'm secretely hoping Martin writes such a grand twist that literally no one, NO ONE has predicted...

I want everyone to fall off their sitting surfaces while reading from the most dramatic (and let's face it, enjoyable) shock :D

My "wishes" are irrelevant.

1) Daenerys surviving the series and becoming queen in the end.

2) Sansa's death.

3) R+L=J being true. Jon must die!

4) Jaime's death.

5) Stannis not taking the Iron Throne (or his death).

6) Littlefinger surviving the series unscathed.

7) Arya losing her identity.

Archived