[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode titles for season 4?

Rashtibram

^I remember when shooting began in Dubrovnik the Croatian press said vaguely it was "the first scene" but I don't know if they meant that was being shot in Croatia or of the season or episode. I know they said that the scene was in the first episode but I think the casting of the two blades would be a stronger open. We'll see.

If someone could post a link to that info, it was on wicnet in September or August if that helps.

At least the episodes are as short as in the second (and even third) season!

Winter Is Coming - 62 minutes

The Kingsroad - 56 minutes

Lord Snow - 58 minutes

Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things - 56 minutes

232 minutes total = 3 hours & 52 minutes

The North Remembers - 53 minutes

The Nightlands - 54 minutes

What Is Dead May Never Die - 53 minutes

Garden of Bones - 51 minutes

211 minutes total = 3 hours & 31 minutes

Valar Dohaeris - 55 minutes

Dark Wings, Dark Words - 57 minutes

Walk of Punishment - 53 minutes

And Now His Watch Is Ended - 54 minutes

219 minutes total = 3 hours & 39 minutes

Two Swords - 58 minutes

The Lion and the Rose - 52 minutes

Breaker of Chains - 56 minutes

Oathkeeper - 54 minutes

220 minutes total = 3 hours & 40 minutes

So, going by the first four episodes of each season, it'd be...

1 > 4 > 3 > 2

Two Swords is kind of blank but still OK I guess.

The Lion and The Rose, I like it. It's less spoilery than Widow's Wail. But Hear Me Roar or Growing Strong would have been really good.

Love Breaker of Chains and Oathekeeper. But it seems to be the episode where Dany takes Meereen for episode 3 and where Brienne starts her quest for episode 4. So they both start their AFFC/ADWD material really early.

Also, I don't think Arya will find Needle in episode 1. It's too early IMO. Except if they'd invented some stuff, I wonder what she'll be doing all the season as she doesn't go to Braavos yet.

Two Swords is meh, but other than that I'm reasonably pleased with these titles, even if I am gutted to miss out on Widow's Wail. Based on these titles, and what we already know, here's what we can reasonably expect from each episode:

1. Two Swords: Will touch base with pretty much everyone in King's Landing, heavy on Jaime and Tyrion. Will also most likely touch base with Dany and feature Arya retrieving needle, and possibly Jon.

2. The Lion and the Rose: Again, heavy King's Landing, most likely no Dany this episode, hard to say much more other than the obvious

3. Breaker of Chains: A very clever episode title, will most likely feature Dany and her arrival at Mereen, and obviously Tyrion's imprisonment, but also refers to Littlefinger freeing Sansa. I also suspect it may include Theon being released from his chains and ordered to retake Moat Cailin, though it is possibly a little early for that. In any case, they'll probably touch base with Theon and Ramsay by this episode.

4. Oathkeeper: Another clever title, which most likely refers to Jon, the raid on Crasters, and possibly Arya's death list, along with the obvious reference to the sword itself. It could even refer to Stannis? Multiple potential meanings here.

401— Two Swords

402 — The Lion and the Rose

403 — Breaker of Chains

404 — Oathkeeper

405 — (To Be Determined)

406 — Sons of the Harpy

407 — (To Be Determined)

408 — The Gift of Mercy

409 — The King Beyond the Wall

410 — The Fall

1-4 is obviously all but 100% confirmed, but these other ones for 6, 8, 9, and 10 are I suppose just rumor at this point. I don't know the original source for them, But its being spread around, so I'm spreading it here. Very interesting if real.

"The King Beyond the Wall" is great cause it's referencing Stannis, Mance, and even Jon in a sense. But, "The Gift of Mercy" would really be a great title if its the episode where Tyrion makes his escape and visits Tywin's chambers, as well as Arya's farewell to the Hound, and Dany confronting Jorah on his past treasons.

401— Two Swords

403 — Breaker of Chains

404 — Oathkeeper

405 — (To Be Determined)

406 — Sons of the Harpy

407 — (To Be Determined)

408 — The Gift of Mercy

410 — The Fall

1-4 is obviously all but 100% confirmed, but these other ones for 6, 8, 9, and 10 are I suppose just rumor at this point. I don't know the original source for them, But its being spread around, so I'm spreading it here. Very interesting if real.

"The King Beyond the Wall" is great cause it's referencing Stannis, Mance, and even Jon in a sense. But, "The Gift of Mercy" would really be a great title if its the episode where Tyrion makes his escape and visits Tywin's chambers, as well as Arya's farewell to the Hound, and Dany confronting Jorah on his past treasons.

Where's it being spread? If these are right I'll be very happy, especially those for 6 and 8...

I first saw them posted in WiC.net, in the thread where the confirmed four are being discussed.

If they're true, it confirms that Dany doesn't waste much time subduing Meereen, and the final three episodes appear to be following pretty much the pattern that people were predicting.

Two Swords is meh, but other than that I'm reasonably pleased with these titles, even if I am gutted to miss out on Widow's Wail. Based on these titles, and what we already know, here's what we can reasonably expect from each episode:

1. Two Swords: Will touch base with pretty much everyone in King's Landing, heavy on Jaime and Tyrion. Will also most likely touch base with Dany and feature Arya retrieving needle, and possibly Jon.

2. The Lion and the Rose: Again, heavy King's Landing, most likely no Dany this episode, hard to say much more other than the obvious

3. Breaker of Chains: A very clever episode title, will most likely feature Dany and her arrival at Mereen, and obviously Tyrion's imprisonment, but also refers to Littlefinger freeing Sansa. I also suspect it may include Theon being released from his chains and ordered to retake Moat Cailin, though it is possibly a little early for that. In any case, they'll probably touch base with Theon and Ramsay by this episode.

4. Oathkeeper: Another clever title, which most likely refers to Jon, the raid on Crasters, and possibly Arya's death list, along with the obvious reference to the sword itself. It could even refer to Stannis? Multiple potential meanings here.

I suppose they'll alternate Arya and Bran each episode. Any of them can't really be in more than 5 episodes throughout the season IMO. Sansa will also be left out of episodes after her departure from KL (in episode 3). Not sure if Dany will be excluded but maybe episode 2 and surely episode 9 (where it's full Battle of the Wall). Stannis/Mel/Davos will likely be a lot excluded from episodes. The KL storyline will be featured in all episodes, pretty heavily I would say. Obviously, not all characters will appear in all episodes (Tyrion, Cersei, Jaime and Tywin will appear often and almost every episode IMO, the Tyrells and Oberyn will be a lot less featured). The Boltons/Theon/Yara storyline will also be secondary : 4-6 episodes in the season where it'll be

401— Two Swords

403 — Breaker of Chains

404 — Oathkeeper

405 — (To Be Determined)

406 — Sons of the Harpy

407 — (To Be Determined)

408 — The Gift of Mercy

410 — The Fall

Interesting. Love The Gift of Mercy and The King Beyond the Wall, Sons of Harpy is obvious and a good title. The Fall is really a generic title and kind of disappointing for the probably best episode ever of the series (from what we know from the books anyway). Refers to Lysa's fall obviously and the Tywin fall from his privy ^^

401— Two Swords

403 — Breaker of Chains

404 — Oathkeeper

405 — (To Be Determined)

406 — Sons of the Harpy

407 — (To Be Determined)

408 — The Gift of Mercy

410 — The Fall

On second thoughts: after taking the time to read through that comment section on WiC, it looks like some guy just laid out that list with no explanation and a bunch of people just started assuming it was accurate; it they've been mentioned elsewhere and in more legitimate circumstances, I'll be more inclined to believe it, otherwise it just seems like some guy's trollish predictions to me.

I wouldn't accept those titles after the first four as being real yet. Has anyone sourced them? The guy who posted them on wicnet had no source and some people called him/her a troll. Let's wait and see if they are actually verified.

There is zero chance Arya is only going to be in five episodes. She's never been in less than nine.

Really ? I was thinking she was already in less episodes than that. But TBH if she doesn't go to Braavos this season (are we sure of that ?), I don't see why she would do in 9 episodes this season. 5 episodes are more than enough to cover her wandering with the Hound in the Riverlands.

I thought the title for episode 9 is "Castle Black".

No, that was debunked by Bryan Cogman months ago.

Really ? I was thinking she was already in less episodes than that. But TBH if she doesn't go to Braavos this season (are we sure of that ?), I don't see why she would do in 9 episodes this season. 5 episodes are more than enough to cover her wandering with the Hound in the Riverlands.

Arya has missed one episode a season (You Win Or You Die, Blackwater, and Valar Dohaeris).

How many episodes a character appears in per season is partly a function of how much material there is in the books but much moreso how many episodes the writers want them to appear in. If there isn't enough already, they'll make more stuff up. Even Bran last season had six episodes (at least two of which were very clearly filler to keep him above a certain minimum number of appearances). Arya is one of the most popular characters on the show -- she'll miss one, at least (episode 9), but I would not bet on missing much (if any) besides.

Archived