Tyrell vs Martell

The Crow

the Tyrells would have the obvious advantage of wealth and numbers so if this were a fight to the bitter end, you'd have to give them the edge...

having said that... the desert and hills of Dorne killed off half of the Young Dragon's invading army (which you would assume would be at least as great as the Tyrell host)... so if the Martells fought a rearguard action with unconventional, guerilla, hit-and-fade type actions... perhaps they could drive back the Tyrells or at least inflict enough deaths on them to force a withdrawl. (you'd think that a man like Mace Tyrell wouldn't have the guts to press an attack in the face of bloody consequences)

could the Martells invade Tyrell land? i doubt this very much.

I would side with the Martells, just because I like them better, but neither side would really win in such a war. Dorne would be too difficult for the Tyrells to conquer and hold, whereas Dorne doesn't have enough troops to defeat and conquer the densely populated and large Reach.

I love the Martells. Not a fan of Targs, though.

I hope Doran has a plan to take the throne for his own. That would be nice. He could avenge the Rhoynar.

How could he possibly hold it? Dorne has the least amount of troops of all the regions in Westeros. Even if Westeros tore itself apart for another 10 years and literally millions die, and Dorne sat on the sideline, they still wouldn't have enough men to take the throne. At least that's my take on it. And Dorne is the most unlike Westeros IMO, even the North has some differences, though not nearly as severely as Dorne. I just can't imagine this situation ever occurring, and if somehow it did, it wouldn't last a fortnight.

How could he possibly hold it? Dorne has the least amount of troops of all the regions in Westeros. Even if Westeros tore itself apart for another 10 years and literally millions die, and Dorne sat on the sideline, they still wouldn't have enough men to take the throne. At least that's my take on it. And Dorne is the most unlike Westeros IMO, even the North has some differences, though not nearly as severely as Dorne. I just can't imagine this situation ever occurring, and if somehow it did, it wouldn't last a fortnight.

It's not a theory. Just a wish.

Well I like both houses, but I'd support the Tyrells just because they'd win in every aspect of warfare. The only way they couldn't beat the Dornish is if they were fighting in Dorne itself.

Martells:

"Unbent,Unbound,Unbroken" most kickbutt words ever

I believe you mean: "Unbowed, unbent, unbroken."

Personally, I'd root for the Tyrells. I do so love the Tyrells.

The sand snakes and prince oberyn(may he rest in piece) are characters I would fight and die beside if I was a warrior in the book. The flower always bows before the sun!!!!!!!!!!!

:bowdown: You said it better than I ever could!

Archived