Tyrell vs Martell

The Crow

Who would you side with if they fought? Why?

Tyrell for me, i think there family is pretty cool...especially Margaery.

My money is on Martell. Doran has way more brains than Lord Puff Fish, more experience than Margaery, less complacency than the rest of the family and also more ambition. I dont think Lady Olenna (a Redwyne IIRC) wants any more for the House than what they have but she is guiding Mace, who does, and keeping him from making mistakes that would cause them to lose assets/position.

The Tyrells have replicants which could be a problem :cool4:

If the Dornish fight on terrain of their choosing like their home, with the sun blazing hot and deserts, they will win, If the Dornish come down from the passes and fight the Tyrells anywhere else other than their home, they will loose.

I think that the Tyrells probably have a stronger army, with a greater amount of Knights than any of the other kingdoms and some of the best fighters there are. Wyllas practices with two men at once, and is better than Loras (who reminds everyone of a young Jaime). That probably means that he is one of the best combat knights in all of the seven kingdoms...and there are still a lot more bannermen who have not been spent in the wars.

What I want to know is, how do the Martells and the people of Dorne fight? I like how it's completely original with inspiration from all sorts of things in history. The books keep telling us how they don't fight quite like the Westerosi, but they aren't quite so foreign as to be part of phantasmagoric Essos.

I think that the Tyrells probably have a stronger army, with a greater amount of Knights than any of the other kingdoms and some of the best fighters there are. Wyllas practices with two men at once, and is better than Loras (who reminds everyone of a young Jaime). That probably means that he is one of the best combat knights in all of the seven kingdoms...and there are still a lot more bannermen who have not been spent in the wars.

What I want to know is, how do the Martells and the people of Dorne fight? I like how it's completely original with inspiration from all sorts of things in history. The books keep telling us how they don't fight quite like the Westerosi, but they aren't quite so foreign as to be part of phantasmagoric Essos.

I think you meant Garlan not Wilas Tyrell, he is crippled.

The Tyrells. When they play the Game of Thrones, they play as a team. The Sand Snakes are eager to fly off the handle into a suicidal war, Arianne acts without thinking, Doran keeps huge secrets (not so bad on its own, but the implications of those secrets, like disgusting marriage proposals to keep Arianne single, leads to dangerous situations). The biggest hindrance to the Tyrells is Mace and his ambitions, except his family is actually willing to go behind his back (perhaps, we don't' actually know how much Mace knows) and work to -help- him make those a reality.

I hope they never get into a war, because Dorne couldn't win. They're the weakest of all the Westerosi kingdoms. Doran keeping them out of wars shows he's a realist. And I pretty much despise the Tyrells, who are basically a crew of opportunists.

if the tyrells try fight in dorne they lose, but if its an open field lets say in the reach or riverlands then the tyrells win, but it all comes down to who has the better tactics i guess. So it will be Tarly and Oberyn competing and if mace doesn't mess it up.

The Martells, easy, and they have the coolest house words.

Oh and the Tyrells might win in the end but there's no way they'd roll right over em, Dorne is way too hard to hold.

I'm not so sure. I think the Tyrell's numbers would just be to much for Dorne. What probably 100k vs maybe 30k. Yes the terrain of Dorne would be a advantage to the Martells but against a force the size of the reach I don't think it would be enough.

And yes I agree with you, the Martells have the coolest words by far. Although I do think if they wanted Aegon and his sisters could have conquered Dorne. There just isn't thay much to gain by conquering Dorne.

I'd join Martells, not because their country is more fit to me, though. When Targs arrive at Westeros, Martells were the only unbent House to the Targs. At then,Tyrells were only a Steward House of Gardeners, and make common cause with Targs to be a Lord in their lands, like Tully's. So in fact they betrayed their noble House. Better be in the loosing army than being in the betrayer one.

Archived