"Enter" key not working

Light a wight tonight

Since the last update from Microsoft some funny things have been showing up, and on the Westeros forum that includes the Enter key not functioning. That leaves me unable to indicate paragraphs. I don't have that problem on other sites. Anybody else report this, and do you have any suggestions?

Since the last update from Microsoft some funny things have been showing up, and on the Westeros forum that includes the Enter key not functioning. That leaves me unable to indicate paragraphs. I don't have that problem on other sites. Anybody else report this, and do you have any suggestions?

It seems to be a Microsoft/IE problem. Other posters have mentioned it, without any suggested fixes except using a different browser.

Just came here to post a thread about it, from my testing it's an IE10 issue and yes the workaround is Chrome/Firefox/other random browser of your choice.

I think IE10 only recently started being pushed out to Windows 7 machines by windows update, previously it was Windows 8 only, which is why more people are starting to have the issue.

I had the problem too and figured out how to fix it. Here's the fix for IE:

Have the browser open to this forum.

Right click anywhere along the top blue area. You should see a list - Menu Bar, Favorites Bar, Command Bar, it goes on.

If there's no check by "Command Bar", click on it.

You should then have a bar at top with the option "Tools", click on it.

Go to "Compatibility View" and click on it.

It will add this forum to a list and it should fix the problem of not being able to use the enter key.

I had the problem too and figured out how to fix it. Here's the fix for IE:

Have the browser open to this forum.

Right click anywhere along the top blue area. You should see a list - Menu Bar, Favorites Bar, Command Bar, it goes on.

If there's no check by "Command Bar", click on it.

You should then have a bar at top with the option "Tools", click on it.

Go to "Compatibility View" and click on it.

It will add this forum to a list and it should fix the problem of not being able to use the enter key.

That

works.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived