are the female leads stronger characters than the males?

gash

Depends what you mean by "strong".

It's difficult to tar all the women together and all the men because they've weaknesses and strengths individually that are difficult to blanket. In my opinion, the women seem more steadfast though. The men like Jaime and Tyrion seem to undergo a lot of personal changes. However people like Cat, Cersei, Arya, Daenerys, stay true to their initial purposes; Arya's out for revenge, Dany for the throne, Cat her family (LS doesn't count).

i suppose by strong i mean strong people - strong willed, determined, confident, strong in the face of adversity etc.

as opposed to strong as in a well created character.

Cat was paranoid and no one holds that against her because she was correct.

Cat's better at reading people than Cersei. I think the only person she misread was Littlefinger. She never took his love for her seriously, and always thought of him as a friend (and caused a war because she trusted him).

Cat's better at reading people than Cersei. I think the only person she misread was Littlefinger. She never took his love for her seriously, and always thought of him as a friend (and caused a war because she trusted him).

still paranoid though.

Cersei is being manipulated by littlefinger the whole time, same person who manipulated cat and ned.

Cersei is right in her paranoia, joffrey died, her other children will surely die, tyrion killed tywin etc etc Cersei lacks subtly or tact but she was right.

i suppose by strong i mean strong people - strong willed, determined, confident, strong in the face of adversity etc.

as opposed to strong as in a well created character.

Stannis shouldn't be on the list. Other than that, they're about even.

Dany has her stupid moments. and arianne had that fiasco with gerold dayne but she is a strong character

but i do think that arya is one of the strongest characters on account of what she's been through. Melisandre has stannis on her fingertips.

Archived