The Last Stand

I've always believed that a Last greast battle between the White Walkers & the Armies of Westeros will take place at Winterfell.

It always seemed the most likely place. Now however I think Harrenhal will be where the fate of Westeros will take place, all the Armies of the North, Vale, Westerlands, Dorne, Highgarden, Stormlands & Iron Islands in the only place they could all fit, standing arm to arm against the Others.

Under seige by the advancing WW, the fortress seems the safest place to hold up, if the Wall should fall. I see the giant fortress under seige & Daenerys & her Dragons arriving just in time to help save the people. Any theorys on other locations for the battle that surely will happen.

Winterfell would fall too quickly, once the wall breaks winterfell isn't really defendable by men, especially not again WW.

I'm not sure anywhere would be strong enough to defend against white walkers. A battle of WW vs men would see men dead, the only thing that could save them is dragon but not even dragons can stop winter from coming south.

I'm very interested to see how martin plans to save the realm from such a powerful threat aided by a powerful seasons, if he plans to.

It's surely got to be Winterfell there meant to be spells in the walls I think, similar to the ones on The Wall. Stormsend has some magic too, Harrenhal's not got any magic, I think spells in wall will be important.

Although, you have a point about Harrenhall. I like the thought process. That's where every house was present for a tournament right before Robert's Rebellion. If all the great houses team up, surely it would be there. The last time they were united as one kingdom was there. But I think the battle can't be anywhere south of the Wall.

I think the battle will happen at the Wall. It can't really happen anywhere else. If the wall falls, they already lost. Plus, in Jon's dreams he's fighting the Others from the top of the Wall. No fortress has the magic that can defend against the Others.

Would be rather anti climatic for the wall not to break though.

It's one of the epic moments I'm hoping for in the next two books. The WW have to go south otherwise the rest of the kingdom continues to believe they're a myth. And it seems like a waste to set up such a weak and unprepared kingdom with no great foe to take advantage of it, other than dany.

I doubt that the Others would be fought against by a 'united front' of all of westeros. It'll probably be either the North men or the nights watch + wildlings who will do the fighting. How do people know the Others will even cross the Wall?

There are too many other plots for a 'united front' of all characters to ever happen. Or may be it'll be like Frodo vs the One Ring and one or a small band of characters destroying the Others in one final, solid blow.

I doubt that the Others would be fought against by a 'united front' of all of westeros. It'll probably be either the North men or the nights watch + wildlings who will do the fighting. How do people know the Others will even cross the Wall?

There are too many other plots for a 'united front' of all characters to ever happen. Or may be it'll be like Frodo vs the One Ring and one or a small band of characters destroying the Others in one final, solid blow.

The idea of introducing a horn that can blow up the wall seems like good foreshadowing to the wall coming down, otherwise why introduce it?

I think Harrenhall may be the best bet simply because God's Eye is very close to the castle. The Green Men still resdie there and why not have a Final Pact agreed to there.

The Wall will eventually fall,The WW will take most of the North easily and they will also take the Riverlands pretty easily.....

It'll be either Kings Landing or the Vale that the last siege will take place at leastaccording to me.

The wall has to fall, and these southron lords will taste winter. Jon has been temporarily removed from the situation so GRRM can let the wall fall.

I think the magic in weirwood and the crypts of Winterfell will keep it from being overrun. We see the whites leave Crastor's keep be. I think it could be a similar situation where Winterfell is bypassed. The Starks or whoever controls Winterfell will shelter other northern lords.

The final battle will happen at the trident.

Winterfell could be cool as we pretty much had all main characters start of at WF and then go off to different places. So it would be nice if everyone made their way back to WF for the last battle.

The Wall is probs the best contender, though I'd like the Others to actually make some distance.

Winter fell. The Others might have already fallen at Winterfell. ;)

:agree: Why else would it be called Winterfell? It's named so because that's where the Long Night 2 will end and The Others are defeated.

Archived