Nymeria (direwolf)

Rhaenar

Even since Arya and Jory were forced to chase her away in AGoT, Nymeria has been greatly increasing the size of her pack, up to hundreds of wolves according to some sources. She and her pack are continually being referenced thourhgout the series as a giant pack led by a monstrous she-wolf, terrorizing the riverlands.

I feel like they will have some significance in books to come, but what?

Also, will arya and nymeria ever be united?

I hope we get to see more about the pack of wolves led by Nymeria, it sounds awesome. With so many references we better get to see some action!

Remembering Ghost's behaviour around Other presence, I could imagine the direwolves somehow coming more important. Originally I thought Nymeria and her pack would fight them but then I realised regular wolves may not cut it, haha.

Anyway, George doesn't owe us anything as readers of his art, but after all of this if Arya doesn't get to see her wolf again I'd be pretty sad about it. She's warged into her before, right? In her dreams, she is a wolf. Maybe they'll be able to find eachother easier than first impressions might say. I HOPE SO.

As the wars continue, it seems like they'll play a role messing up logistics, wagon trains, etc.

Also, lots of people think that Arya-Nymeria ties are a strong indication that she's holding onto her "Starkness" and won't officially go full blown FM.

But yes, the Nymeria storyline is pretty awesome, from finding Lady Stoneheart onwards. Maybe they can eat some more Freys.

Even since Arya and Jory were forced to chase her away in AGoT, Nymeria has been greatly increasing the size of her pack, up to hundreds of wolves according to some sources. She and her pack are continually being referenced thourhgout the series as a giant pack led by a monstrous she-wolf, terrorizing the riverlands.

I feel like they will have some significance in books to come, but what?

Also, will arya and nymeria ever be united?

I certainly think that they will be reunited in the future, she still has that connection with Nymeria despite being halfway across the world. I guess if she ever returns to westeros, we would see a lovely reunion.

• 1 month later...

Going out on a limb here but....

What if Arya were to return? She would use her newfound powers as a faceless man and do some epic shit. What if she later meet Jon again? What if she then, under some circumstances would perish and THEN warg into Nymeria and do epic stuff with her wolf army?? :drool:

Going out on a limb here but....

What if Arya were to return? She would use her newfound powers as a faceless man and do some epic shit. What if she later meet Jon again? What if she then, under some circumstances would perish and THEN warg into Nymeria and do epic stuff with her wolf army?? :drool:

Then lose herself after a while? That's not fair at all.

I can't believe some of the pessimistic attitudes in this thread. I know Martin likes to subvert tropes and play with reader's expectations, but at the end of the day this is a fantasy novel. There is a giant wolf army that is lead by a wargable dire wolf, sorry, but this wolf army is going to kick some serious ass in a giant battle before the end.

I can't believe some of the pessimistic attitudes in this thread. I know Martin likes to subvert troupes and play with reader's expectations, but at the end of the day this is a fantasy novel. There is a giant wolf army that is lead by a wargable dire wolf, sorry, but this wolf army is going to kick some serious ass in a giant battle before the end.

100% agree. There's no way an epic wolf army does not have a larger roll to play. There are too many references to them. I think Arya will leave the FM, go back to the Riverlands, find Nymeria and using her new FM skills, warg skills, and all around bad assery skills they will royally screw over their enemies. Look out Freys, Boltons and Lannisters! I see Nym and a bunch of wolves making a nice little home inside the Twins when all is said and done, with Arys as Lady Bad Ass. No pretty dresses, jusy battle lethers and wolves.

100% agree. There's no way an epic wolf army does not have a larger roll to play. There are too many references to them. I think Arya will leave the FM, go back to the Riverlands, find Nymeria and using her new FM skills, warg skills, and all around bad assery skills they will royally screw over their enemies. Look out Freys, Boltons and Lannisters! I see Nym and a bunch of wolves making a nice little home inside the Twins when all is said and done, with Arys as Lady Bad Ass. No pretty dresses, jusy battle lethers and wolves.

Dam you beat me to it. The only thing I see Arya doing is going rogue from the FM and going back too where she witnessed so much tradgedy and hunt with Nym and her pack.

I think the wolf pack will end up turning the tide of a battle with the Freys at some point, perhaps a battle with the BwoB. Isn't there a Frey Wedding coming up soon as well? That would be an interesting time for them to show up...

• 9 months later...

Did Nymeria fight with Grey Wind at the Whispering Wood?

The ridges seemed to play queer tricks with sound. Once she heard Robb's voice, as clear as if he'd been standing at her side, calling, "To me! To me!" And she heard his direwolf, snarling and growling, heard the snap of those long teeth, the tearing of flesh, shrieks of fear and pain from man and horse alike. Was there only one wolf? It was hard to be certain.

As the wars continue, it seems like they'll play a role messing up logistics, wagon trains, etc.

Also, lots of people think that Arya-Nymeria ties are a strong indication that she's holding onto her "Starkness" and won't officially go full blown FM.

But yes, the Nymeria storyline is pretty awesome, from finding Lady Stoneheart onwards. Maybe they can eat some more Freys.

I hope that Nymeria's Wolfpack do for the Freys. Hopefully they will be reunited....... But not yet, A girl has duties.

I'd like to see Nym and her pack helping Stoneheart take care of the pack of Freys. :devil: Other than that I have to agree with some of the others that she is kind of like an anchor for Arya's past, it will be her that keeps that little bit of Stark alive in Arya.

WoW Spoiler:

And she is still running with her, and her pack so I don't think Arya will ever lose herself. Between Nym and her prayers they keep Arya's identity intact.

Archived