Jon Snow the 3headed dragon and mythology.

Tell me if this is too crackpot but Jon believes his father is Ned, but he'll find out his father and mother are Rhaegar and Lyanna. So he'll have three parents in a way.

And how his parents met in the Riverlands and fell in love there, he was concieved in Dorne and now loves in The North. He's connected to three Kingdoms.

Again tell me me is it's too crackpot, because I'll understand.

Tell me if this is too crackpot but Jon believes his father is Ned, but he'll find out his father and mother are Rhaegar and Lyanna. So he'll have three parents in a way.

And how his parents met in the Riverlands and fell in love there, he was concieved in Dorne and now loves in The North. He's connected to three Kingdoms.

Again tell me me is it's too crackpot, because I'll understand.

Great observations and it's not even remotely crackpot in my book.

In our world Azor Ahai means, I think in the Jewish language, "A Helper" "Favoured by God".

I am also sure that everyone knows that Jon, short for Jonah, means dove or pigeon and Ghost means soul, spirit, or life. If you use the current spelling of John, it means favored by god. If Martin is as careful as folks say about selecting names, then it seems clear that Jon has some divine intervention (or magical plot armor) coming his way.

*used the Online Entymology Dictionary.

.....so if Azor Ahai mean A helper/Favored by God and Jon means Dove. Dove is a symbolic of peace/messenger and if John means favored by god.....John has another strong connection to be AAR

I've thought about this so so so much. I thought i was weird for doing so!

I've looked for clues in all the valyrian words we know of.

I think AA is a title not a name.

Is it Valyrian or is the term from Asshai? If it's the latter then I always favoured its translation as Sword of the Morning. Wouldn't work if it's Valyrian because then Rhaegar, amongst countless others, would have it worked out.

Is it Vayrian or is the term from Asshai? If it's the latter then I always favoured its translation as Sword of the Morning. Wouldn't work if it's Valyrian because then Rhaegar, amongst countless others, would have it worked out.

It's likely that if any of these old words have a literal meaning, they come from the Old Ghischari language, which is now obsolete and forgotten. This was the language that was all over Essos before Valyria took root. I read something about it by the Game of Thrones language consultant, i think he's called David Peterson, or something. He'd talked to grrm directly about this. So anything in Old Ghiscari is likely to beyond translation for characters, but may have influenced certain word formations we know about.

• 1 month later...

I like the Jon Snow 3 headed dragon thing, but if thats what it means, what other "dragon" had 3 "heads"? Aegon only had 1 I think, but had 3 actual heads, him and his 2 sisters. So rhaegar saying "The dragon must have 3 heads" is that new since no prior targaryen had 3 heads to my knowledge?

What this says about the 3 headed dragon prophesy, I don't know, but here's a real world source for the myth:

Damavand is a significant mountain in Persian mythology. It is the symbol of Iranian resistance against despotism and foreign rule in Persian poetry and literature. In Zoroastrian texts and mythology, the three-headed dragon Aži Dahāka (eta: the link went nuts - the name of the dragon is Azi Dahaka) was chained within Mount Damavand, there to remain until the end of the world.

It would be pretty boring if Jon was chained inside a mountain...

One person, three aspects....Hmm....

Crackpot but three "deities" rolled into one person - AA (Fire Champion) + Last Hero (Ice Champion) + PTWP (R+ L or Targ Lore) = Jon

In order to fight the Others, Jon will have to become the Champion for Fire (with the help/guidance of Mel and maybe Dany?), Champion of Ice (with the help of the Old Gods, BR and Bran) and have to accept who he really is/his birthright (Rheagar's PTWP)

Probably so he can unite all of Westeros in the Fight for the Dawn 2.0.

Like Rheagar says the Dragon has three heads. Rheagar was more prophet than saviour.

I dont like this theory, it can apply to any bastard in the series by using, the bastard name, father's house and mother's house.

Other characters in the series also have three personalities, like Dany, Mother, Khaleesi and Queen.

You know it's not only to do with names. Fire Eater's post proves that.

I dont like this theory, it can apply to any bastard in the series by using, the bastard name, father's house and mother's house.

Other characters in the series also have three personalities, like Dany, Mother, Khaleesi and Queen.

this

You know it's not only to do with names. Fire Eater's post proves that.

it's not about the names is about the aspects.

One person, three aspects....Hmm....

Crackpot but three "deities" rolled into one person - AA (Fire Champion) + Last Hero (Ice Champion) + PTWP (R+ L or Targ Lore) = Jon

In order to fight the Others, Jon will have to become the Champion for Fire (with the help/guidance of Mel), Champion of Ice (with the help of the Old Gods, BR and Bran) and have to accept who he really is/his birthright (Rheagar's PTWP)

Probably so he can unite all of Westeros in the Fight for the Dawn 2.0.

Like Rheagar says the Dragon has three heads. Rheagar was more prophet than saviour.

I haven't thought about this. But I like it.

Rhaegar said one dragon 3 heads not 3 dragons 3 heads, so he may was some kind of prophet

I've seen the post but I think it is too much over thinking which a lot of people tend to do on this forum

The dragon must have 3 heads I believe is 3 riders

Again. I don't think dragon riders are the same as the dragon must have three heads.

Archived