Gendry

We were given quite the introduction, backstory and skillset from this character.

Will we see more of him? or did George just waste paper, and in his resignation not to have 12 more books have to scrap some plot to save paper?

If we do see more of Gendry, what will we see him up to? have we unknowingly seen more of him and not known it? where did we last see or hear of him?

We were given quite the introduction, backstory and skillset from this character.

Will we see more of him? or did George just waste paper, and in his resignation not to have 12 more books have to scrap some plot to save paper?

If we do see more of Gendry, what will we see him up to? have we unknowingly seen more of him and not known it? where did we last see or hear of him?

If I'm not mistaken the last we saw of him was working as a smith at the inn, where Brienne sees him and thinks that he is Renly. I think we'll probably see more of him when Arya comes back to Westeros.

IF arya comes back, and is still arya, maybe Gendry is what it will take to bring the faceless assassin back to Arya. We are continually told he looks like Robert and Renly - I feel this is overlooked, It would be a contributing factor should anyone try to use him as a candidate for the throne.

Maybe Stannis will seize him and yell "THIS IS WHAT ROBERT'S CHILDREN LOOK LIKE!" to anybody that will listen

I hope not because then you'd have Mel trying to burn him to death for the rest of the series.

Perfect ending to the series: Stannis wins the throne through heroics. Shireen dies sadly, leaving him without an heir. Stannis legitimizes Gendry and makes him his heir to the throne, then Gendry marries Arya. This fulfils King Robert's wish of a true union between his and Ned's children. The end.

Yes, he could be proof of Cerseis incest :P

Does anyone even need proof at this point. I don't think anyone really gives a crap about who is the Legitimate ruler at this point... its all boiling down to who has the bigger army and and probably whoever has food or stability so that people don't end up eating each other >.>

No one really cared too much about legitimacy when they made Robert king in the first place...

Does anyone even need proof at this point. I don't think anyone really gives a crap about who is the Legitimate ruler at this point... its all boiling down to who has the bigger army and and probably whoever has food or stability so that people don't end up eating each other >.>

No one really cared too much about legitimacy when they made Robert king in the first place...

Actually, they did. They chose Robert over Jon Arryn or Ned because he had the most Targaryen blood in him.

IIRC correctly, we last saw him working as a smith at an inn, and Brienne notices that he looks like Renly. She then puts two and two together and is about to tell him that Robert was his father, when she is interrupted by "friends" and everything turns to crap for her.

Back to Gendry though. Personally, I think we will see more of him. Assuming Arya comes back to Westeros, we may see a lot more of him. But, we'll just have to wait and see, won't we? :)

Crackpot.

Gendry will make Jon Snow a valyrian steel Direwolf helmet, coloured black, from reforging Oathkeeper/widows wail aka Ice.

"an eagle cried, as foemen scuttled up the ice like spiders. Jon was armored in black ice."

We know Gendry can make a mean helmet.

We know Tobho Mott could rework Valyrian steel.

We know Tobho Mott can colour steel without paint.

Perfect ending to the series: Stannis wins the throne through heroics. Shireen dies sadly, leaving him without an heir. Stannis legitimizes Gendry and makes him his heir to the throne, then Gendry marries Arya. This fulfils King Robert's wish of a true union between his and Ned's children. The end.

Life is not a song, I'm afraid.

i think we might see him from jaime's/brienne's POV, that is if he's on good terms with uncat's part of bwb.

would be good to have some close up map to see how far is that inn from that white tree castle jaime was taken at.

I think he may become quite important if he becomes the BWB supported pretender.

It's even possible that what Brienne said to be released was about him as she suspected he was a Robert's bastard just before captured.

Or UnCat may have discovered this as well.

Then considering Cat has never been fond of Jon Snow, and the historical BWB always served Robert not the Starks, they may well decide he would make a good king.

Not that I imagine the BWB may one day be in power to make one, but having a pretender may help fix their low morale and give them a more positive goal than random Frey killing (while also complicating things for other pretenders / the northern conspiracy).

Oh come on. I'm not normally one for romance, but you have to have a soft spot for Arya and Gendry. It could be the only real relationship in the whole series. We knew each other when we were kids type deal. Reserve your puke for Jon Snow and Daenerys.

I just don't see Arya hanging up Needle to take up knitting.

Oh come on. I'm not normally one for romance, but you have to have a soft spot for Arya and Gendry. It could be the only real relationship in the whole series. We knew each other when we were kids type deal. Reserve your puke for Jon Snow and Daenerys.

Nah, I never even got a particularly romantic tone from them in the books. I know a lot of people think its sweet and want it to play out that way but it has never once seemded like a possibility to me. It would be understandable for a girl as young as Arya to become attatched to the most stable person in her life for a while (who also happens to be a strapping young lad) but I do not forsee any romance for them in the future. It surprises me that people still seem to be hanging on to this concept because to me, Arya is now well and truly on a path of revenge that leaves no room for romance. Gendry definately has a much larger role to play, of that I'm certain, but exactly what the role is...who knows. I quite like Yolkboy's theory.

Archived