Another Ned Stark Theory

I was walking on the street listening some music and I started to think about Lady Dustin, when she said if she knew where Ned's bones are, she'll take it and won't let him to be sepulted in the crypts, as he failed to bring her husband's bones from Dorne

I started to think: well, why? why no bones came back to the North? Maybe because there are no bodies at all?

I wonder if there was really a fight at ToJ or maybe a conversation? They knew Aerys was dead and also Rhaegar, and his children (exeption to Jon), and they would probably got executed because they didn't want to bend the knee to Robert (I think they were too loyal to the Targaryens)

So Ned planned, after he saw he's sister dying and taking Jon with him, that some people need to disappear, so he asked his bannermen to go across the Narrow Sea with the 3 KG and wait there, no matter for how long, and his bannermen accepted and so the 3 KG. That's why they couldn't take the bones North, there were no bones. I know they were at war, but at that point the war was over, so they could ask men to take the bodies North, I think there were ally armies next to them, who could have helped with this duty, Northerns really cared about this sepulting stuff.

And he jusr asked Howland Reed to stay to make it more real, you see, the two survivors of a great fight and Howland was a close friend.

That made me think, is Ned a loyalist to the Targaryens? (Exeption to the Mad King)

He never spoke ill of Rhaegar, he seems to admire him. Do you think he was involved in some conspiracy to take the Dragons back to power, as he was at that time a bit upset with Robert joy in killing Targaryens children. And surely he was upset with the Lannisters, he always saw them as big traitors.

And we don't even know who Ned's mother was or is (we don't know if she's alive or dead), nobody mentioned about her, was or is she a Targaryen? Why Ned's mother isn't at Winterfell? or at least is not mentioned at all?

well, after all this babbling I ask: Was Ned Stark a posible Targaryen's friend? Was he wishing the return of Targaryen dinasty? Was he playing all these years to be happy with Robert's reign? He seems to be a bit distant of Robert during those 15 years, never went to KL to see his best friend, strange, don't you think?

I was walking on the street listening some music and I started to think about Lady Dustin, when she said if she knew where Ned's bones are, she'll take it and won't let him to be sepulted in the crypts, as he failed to bring her husband's bones from Dorne

I started to think: well, why? why no bones came back to the North? Maybe because there are no bodies at all?

I wonder if there was really a fight at ToJ or maybe a conversation? They knew Aerys was dead and also Rhaegar, and his children (exeption to Jon), and they would probably got executed because they didn't want to bend the knee to Robert (I think they were too loyal to the Targaryens)

Well there was certainly a conversation before the fight. As for the bones, it would've been very difficult to bring them back, especially considering Ned's party was down to two men after the fight. Also, Ned was clearly Robert's man; the book makes that clear. He didn't think about Rhaegar for year, loves Robert, etc...

Ned helped win the thrones from the Targs and win it for the Baratheons. He respected Rhaegar and thought kindly of him because Rhaegar loved his sister, married her as well, and also because of Jon. He was angry at the killings of Aegon and Rhaenys because they were children and they did not do anything against them and didn't deserve to die.

Not buying the "Ned Stark Targ loyalist" angle, but I'm open to the Idea that there was more going on at the TOJ than we've been lead to believe (besides the whole R+L=J thing obviously) The idea of one or more of the Kingsguard being spared is an interesting one. It'd be cool if they were to pop up in TWOW, and even cooler if some of them have already appeared under other names.

but, what about Ned's mother?

and that misterious woman Bran saw in the weiwood talking about vengance?

There are theories that Ned's mother is from Skagos or from House Ryswell as Lyanna is described as being half horse and Ryswell's sigil is a horse.

What is the vision with the mysterious woman?

Not buying the "Ned Stark Targ loyalist" angle, but I'm open to the Idea that there was more going on at the TOJ than we've been lead to believe (besides the whole R+L=J thing obviously) The idea of one or more of the Kingsguard being spared is an interesting one. It'd be cool if they were to pop up in TWOW, and even cooler if some of them have already appeared under other names.

Yes, that's what I think, I have a feeling they are alive, maybe they crossed the narrow sea via Sunspear (as the Martells were Targaryen's loyalists)

Could Ned have been a secret Targ all along? And Joffrey knew which is why he executed him?

He could be half a Targaryen, but Joffrey didn't know

I think Ned's mother will have something to do in the story

Robert wanted Ned to be king

and he said: Your claim was better than mine

so, he didn't say: I have no claim, he said Robert's claim was better

so that put some posibility he has some Targ blood, maybe an unknown Targaryen, maybe a cousin to the royal family (his mother maybe)

He could be half a Targaryen, but Joffrey didn't know

I think Ned's mother will have something to do in the story

Robert wanted Ned to be king

and he said: Your claim was better than mine

so, he didn't say: I have no claim, he said Robert's claim was better

so that put some posibility he has some Targ blood, maybe an unknown Targaryen, maybe a cousin to the royal family (his mother maybe)

When does Robert say this? What chapter and where?

If I'm not mistaken is in a Ned's POV, but I don't remember which, but if course is in AGOT

he said Ned should rule with him, he wanted Ned to be king (when he's saying he didn't like to be king, King Bob)

And he said Robert's claim was better than his, and so he was the rightful king

No he meant Ned said that to Robert. This would mean Ned was saying he had a claim, but Robert's was stronger. Though Ned may have just meant he had the claim as a victorious captain, who won the rebellion.

To be honest this would be pretty lame.

We can be sure about how many Targaryens were alive at that time, we don't have the complete Targaryen family tree, so it's a posibility that Starks already had Targaryen blood.

also, Varys was so willing to help Ned, he was concerned about him being executed, and we know Varys like the Targaryens (or Blackfyres)

Archived