[BOOK SPOILERS] Roose Bolton Scene

teemo

Love the pink dress on Brienne :P Great scene and I think Michael McElhatton is really underrated...he's a perfect Roose. The low voice, the cold eyes....everything. I wish we could see some leeches, but oh well. This is also by far the most lines Roose has ever had in one episode, and not to mention -Double Bolton!

You think next week we'll get the "tell Robb Stark I send my regards" line?

Yeah this was the first time I noticed that his voice is a pretty good fit. I think a lot of us were expecting him to constantly whisper or have a weak voice or something. It's one of those things where different things work better for different media. He still speaks pretty quietly but its more in the style of Tywin Lannister, where his voice is very even and calm and low. I also liked that they are showing how self preserving he is. And the prominence of the sigil in the background was wonderful

Great scene and I think Ian McElhinney is really underrated...he's a perfect Roose.

Yep ... Except that he isn't Roose. He's Barristan. Michael McElhatton is Roose. :D

Loved that scene! It was much too short and I was also disappointed that it wasn't longer. But as always, any scene with Jaime and Brienne is wonderful and memorable, and I really think McElhatton makes a fantastic Roose.

Loved the haven't you learned anything after losing your hand line that roose says to jaime after he starts talking about daddy. Made me laugh, total roose, such a calm, thinly veiled threat without batting an eye while staying completely civil.

"I would have thought you'd have learned your lesson about overplaying your...position". Fucking love it.

Me too!

Archived