(NO SPOILERS) Positive Nitpicking - what you loved about this episode.

shiola

That way Edmure looked up when the Frey's said, "Not what, who." It was almost the exact same reaction Tyrion gave when he was told he would marry Sansa. Really nice detail and comparison between both characters, seeing as they're both the black sheep of their family. Tobias Menzies is really outstanding in the role.

I have so much more I want to say, I should try to hold my gushing love until next week though.

Did you notice how many internal references this show has? The first that comes into my mind is Locke's "Fancy words for a fancy man" to Jaime's use of "unbismerged", and Tyrion's/ Bronn's "Enhances? Fancy word for a sellsword!" "Been spending time with fancy folks". Also, Tywin's tale of dislexic Jaime (in season 2) was not just dropped in, but later re-told by Jaime when explaining how he had learned the fancy words of his.

This show has a HUGE amount of subtlety, which almost everyone in this forum seems to miss. Maybe, while watching the show, they're too busy writing a list of inconsistencies with the books to post on the "nitpick without repercussions" thread, rather than pay attention.

I really have to say how I look forward to these threads every week. There's so much fanboy hate everywhere else that I sometimes just want to rip my hair out, it's nice to just chat about the little moments you loved with others who actually loved them too. Now on to the things I loved, I suppose.

The Wildlings are getting much better with more screentime (which I expect will increase even more now they're filming in Belfast instead of Iceland). The three main Wildling characters perfectly embody the varying sides/loyalties sides of Free-Folk culture.

- Tormund represents that fierce commander, you don't want to get on my bad side, kind of Wildling.

- Ygritte is playful, just as fierce as Tormund, but also far more trusting.

- And Orell is that super-creepy untrustworthy Wildling, kind of like the Weeper. I just love Mackenzie Crook as a Wildling too, great casting.

Ygritte knowing where Jon's loyalties lie is a direct result of the two spending more time together in Season 2. Let's face it, it was pretty obvious how much of a Crow Jon was in their Icelandic Adventures last year, she'd be a fool not to realise it.

On top of this, it adds so much to the scene where Jon eventually betrays her. I'm dying to know how Queenscrown will unfold. It seems as though both Summer and Shaggydog will be there to save him, and there's only about 8-12 Wildlings left after the climb (how many fell? It looked like two groups of four). It will make sense that Tormund forgoes the raid at Castle Black, and returns to Mance defeated.

Roose is becoming strangely likeable. It's kind of remarkable, seeing as how I never particularly liked him in the books. He always seemed like a really dry personality, and the actor has turned that on it's head and made it inexplicably charming. His nonchalance is extremely charismatic, "I don't partake." I look forward to seeing much more of him down the line.

That way Edmure looked up when the Frey's said, "Not what, who." It was almost the exact same reaction Tyrion gave when he was told he would marry Sansa. Really nice detail and comparison between both characters, seeing as they're both the black sheep of their family. Tobias Menzies is really outstanding in the role.

I have so much more I want to say, I should try to hold my gushing love until next week though.

well, regards to your spoiler,

in this trailer

at 1:12, you see Rickon and Osha seem not to be with Bran, Hodor, Meera, and Jojen. They could be off screen but I doubt it.

I agree with this so much. I think I have the same thing :drunk:

Did you notice Cersei has it, too? When she is nervous or feels uncomfortable, she starts playing with her rings and her hands. It happened in the episode when she confronts Tywin and I noticed again in this episode when Tyrion asks her if he sent Moore to kill him. She doesn't answer him and instead starts playing with her hands, rings, and like a red cloth (or something I don't know what it was).

Also, I love the sets and the details. For example, Sansa's chamber. There is like a column next to the door that has golden flowers. It's so beautiful. I loved all the objects in the room where Tyrion and Cersei were talking. Specially, this thing that I have no idea what is for, but looks like a little boat with the shape of a sawn, a mini chest, a swirly crystal glass, a quill, an a candle. I just couldn't keep my eyes off from them. I think I wasn't even paying attention to what they were saying hehe. Oh, I love the medieval setting.

The gardens are spectacular. I loved the fountain in the Sansa/Loras scene (didn't like the scene so much) but the background was just amazing.

edit: spelling.

Agreed! I've been saying since this season started how I love the clothing for each character and how it suits them. All of the details that they put in from the sets, the clothing, the hair. It is so beautiful. One of my favorite outfits that is fantastic even in its simplicity is Tywin's black outfit this season and I love that Tyrion is sort of mirroring his outfit with slightly different details to his.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but I really think it should be acknowledged that john Bradley is wonderful as Sam tarly. There are alot of blatantly wonderful actors on the show and I know he doesn't get a large amount of screentime but when he does I just think "perfect samwell tarly"!

Absolutely! Sam is one of the characters I root for and I love John Bradley's portrayal. He's so sweet!

I am loving that the Blackfish is such a thug on the show. There...I said it.

I cheered our loud (and I was by myself) when the Blackfish gave Karstark that punch in the mouth last week, and I almost cheered again when he threatened Edmure this week. I also love that Edmure is such a dope. Well played Tobias!

• 3 months later...

Archived