Shae and Tyrion's relationship

No I don't think she was. She saw Oberyn and saw his treatment of his paramour. She even talks about marrying Tyrion if I am not mistaken. Also one of her demands to Cersei is to marry a knight. I would say Shae was not to dissimilar to a young girl, who wants to marry a footballer.

There is a huge difference between mistress and wife, especially outside of Dorne.

I don't recall Shae talking of marrying Tyrion...

It's not even slightly humane, it is disgustingly selfish. Her cover wasn't actually blown, Cersei just thought she was a bedmaid. From the trial scene it is pretty clear she came forward to condemn him to death and humiliate him for personal gain. It isn't really the same as what Bronn did, Bronn simply points out there is no real benefit to him taking part in a trial by battle against the Mountain and says he hopes to hear of Tyrion's survival.

We don't know the circumstances that led to her testifying against Tyrion. Tywin threatened to hang any whore that he found in Tyrion's bed and suggested that what they did to Alayaya was letting her off easy. Shae knew this, so why would she as a whore who slept in Tyrion's bed voluntarily come forward? It makes no sense, it's more likely that they found her especially after Tyrion had that slip up and threw all discretion out the window when visiting her.

We don't know the circumstances that led to her testifying against Tyrion. Tywin threatened to hang any whore that he found in Tyrion's bed and suggested that what they did to Alayaya was letting her off easy. Shae knew this, so why would she as a whore who slept in Tyrion's bed voluntarily come forward? It makes no sense, it's more likely that they found her especially after Tyrion had that slip up and threw all discretion out the window when visiting her.

She got offered some things for that.

Even got to sleep with Tywin Lannister. One step up from Tyrion.

Why the hell would Shae be jealous? it's not like she loved Tyrion the slightest bit, it was purely a job for her from the start. Not her fault Tyrion is dumb enough to fool himself that was not the case...

This. Shae in the books was the modern equivalent of a gold digger. She flipped the second she felt Tyrion was no longer properly compensating her for her services. In show obviously it's a little more believable. But show Shae is not the same as novel Shae.

She got offered some things for that.

Even got to sleep with Tywin Lannister. One step up from Tyrion.

And that proves that she went looking for Tywin Lannister? A whore went to the hands tower or excuse me Lollys chambermaid went to the hands tower and sort out Tywin Lannister and they let her in the building?

There is a huge difference between mistress and wife, especially outside of Dorne.

I don't recall Shae talking of marrying Tyrion...

I have just given you the quotes. Tyrion gives reasons why it cannot happen and Shae does not buy it. Again what is reality and what Shae belives are very different. Truth be told if Tywin died what is to stop Tyrion taking Shae as his mistress? Why can't he marry her? It is due to his own pride and not someone holding a gun to his head, his own ambition to one day inherit the Rock.

I have just given you the quotes. Tyrion gives reasons why it cannot happen and Shae does not buy it. Again what is reality and what Shae belives are very different. Truth be told if Tywin died what is to stop Tyrion taking Shae as his mistress? Why can't he marry her? It is due to his own pride and not someone holding a gun to his head, his own ambition to one day inherit the Rock.

But in that quote Shae was not talking of becoming Tyrion's wife, she was talking of becoming his acknowledged mistress. At least that's the way I interpret it.

Archived