Just Finished Reading

John Milner

I just finished reading Game of Thrones. Over all, I have to say that it was a great book. I wish I had read it sooner. The characters are amazing, even with somany of them. I really liked reading the minor characters, not that the major characters were not interesting, but the minor characters really make the story better. They each have their own personalities & history (not something many writers bother with for minor characters) I can't wat to star reading A Clash of Kings! .

Read this book long time ago and it took me a while to finish it. Just did my 2nd reading and it still feels like it's new to me 'coz of the things I missed the first time. Definitely one of the best books I've read so far.

• 2 months later...

Read this book long time ago and it took me a while to finish it. Just did my 2nd reading and it still feels like it's new to me 'coz of the things I missed the first time. Definitely one of the best books I've read so far.

I have to agree, and I'm not even much of a reader usually. I only noticed how very much I had missed after joining the forum.

These books are so packed, it is almost impossible to pick up all the details and hints on a first read. On first read, you want to know what happens - the big stuff seemingly - so it is very natural to breeze through stuff that seems unimportant when really GRRM packs it with critical information. Just another way of saying I think this is true for jsut about everyone and is natural

I just finished reading Game of Thrones. Over all, I have to say that it was a great book. I wish I had read it sooner. The characters are amazing, even with somany of them. I really liked reading the minor characters, not that the major characters were not interesting, but the minor characters really make the story better. They each have their own personalities & history (not something many writers bother with for minor characters) I can't wat to star reading A Clash of Kings! .

Yeah, its a great book. Keep reading, and enjoy :)

Archived