Dany has Drogon ?=Rhaegal ?=Viserion

GramWalk12

In the hopes of not having posted in the thread yet, because it feels like I type this up every day:

* Drogon for Dany, would never doubt that.

* Rhaegal would be a good name for Jon's dragon, but I'm not too fond of the colour.

* Viserion might already occasionally be warged by Bloodraven (would love that). I could see it as his second life, even.

Now, before I came across the Bloodraven bit, I was thinking:

* Drogon, again, for Dany.

* Viserion - because of his colour being cream/closest to white as we got, because why mess up that theme - for Jon.

* Rhaegal - because of his colour being green and there being greenseers around - controlled by Bran/Bloodraven.

Maybe Viserion is pre-warged by Bloodraven so he'll be easier for Jon, as he might have enough to do already after he comes back. It could be to keep him occasionally calm and safe. I'm not too fond of the name, really, because of its association with Viserys. The 'on' for both Jon and Viserion could mean something, though.

I like Tyrion as a character (haven't seen his book 4+5 stuff yet, though), but him actually flying a dragon? I don't see it. It would be dangerous for him, and not EVERY person dreaming of dragons needs to mean they're a Targ in hiding/are going to ride a dragon. Might be the biggest red herring out there (if that's what a red herring is :P). He could just have been a little boy who knew he was different/didn't fit in and was being hurt by his siblings so he started dreaming about becoming more than he could ever hope to be. He is the brainy type.

I could be wrong, of course.

I would guess that Rhaegel will go to Aegon. He claims to be the son of Rhaegar and I would bet at the least he is a Targaryen. Viserys might go to one of the Martells. Either Arianne or one of the Sand Sisters. Jon is an outside bet. Obviously Drogon will be ridden by Dany.

Both Rhaegel and Viserys are dead. :P

Why would you assume that either Arianne or one of the Sand Snakes or anyone else in Dorne, basically, would be getting a dragon? Dorne is probably lost to Dany due to her not treating Quentyn better (the getting him killed part) and since Aegon has beat her to Westeros she's likely not to have the support of Dorne. She wouldn't gift her enemies her precious dragons.

Am i the only one who feels it would be cool if one or even two dragons would be somehow stolen from Dany or something? I mean she obviously is to be Drogon's rider and shit, but she doesn't do all that much with Viserion/Rhaegal, apart from chaining them. I feel that if one of them was killed/stolen by Victarion's horn it would make for cool character development, and would actually somehow introduce the dragons to the story more.

Both Rhaegel and Viserys are dead. :P

Why would you assume that either Arianne or one of the Sand Snakes or anyone else in Dorne, basically, would be getting a dragon? Dorne is probably lost to Dany due to her not treating Quentyn better (the getting him killed part) and since Aegon has beat her to Westeros she's likely not to have the support of Dorne. She wouldn't gift her enemies her precious dragons.

Dany does not seem to have any control of the other two dragons at the moment and they are not hers to give out. Dorne is one of the few houses we know with Targaryen blood. The only other important characters are Stannis and Shireen. I guess they are equally as likely to get a dragon.

Viserion for Jon because he's white (seems logical since Jon is constantly surrounded by white things)

Raegal for Tyrion (he's the only remaining Targ if you don't count Aegon)

Where do you get the idea that Tyrion is certainly the son of Aerys? If anything it's more likely that Jaime and Cersei are, given the liberties that Aerys is implied to have taken on the wedding night. Tyrion is the one most like Tywin out of the three.

He is an expert bowman, and his fingers are intact enough for him to still shoot. There are also three suggestions about the power of weirwood. First that weirwood arrows through the eyes of a dragon can be fatal. Brandon Snow wanted to try this, and prepared arrows to try to take out Balerion, Vhagar and Meraxes, but never was allowed to. Torrhen decided to kneel. Second, Jojen says, "There is a power in living wood...a power as strong as fire," This is in Bran's last chapter from ACOK. The final suggestion is an extrapolation from what Jojen says, there is a weirwood tree, a huge one, so it's very old, at Harrenhal, and it is living, suggesting it survived the dragon flames.

Not saying I subscribe to this, but I'm assuming this is why Theon. But I do think that weirwood arrows can kill dragons.

Of course, Weirdwood was used in the construction of Harrenhal itself. And it still burned to ashes. Still, interesting theory. But I think that Theon's too broken to be able to actually do it. Maybe the power of the weirdwood refers to greenseers and warging?

He is an expert bowman, and his fingers are intact enough for him to still shoot. There are also three suggestions about the power of weirwood. First that weirwood arrows through the eyes of a dragon can be fatal. Brandon Snow wanted to try this, and prepared arrows to try to take out Balerion, Vhagar and Meraxes, but never was allowed to. Torrhen decided to kneel. Second, Jojen says, "There is a power in living wood...a power as strong as fire," This is in Bran's last chapter from ACOK. The final suggestion is an extrapolation from what Jojen says, there is a weirwood tree, a huge one, so it's very old, at Harrenhal, and it is living, suggesting it survived the dragon flames.

Not saying I subscribe to this, but I'm assuming this is why Theon. But I do think that weirwood arrows can kill dragons.

I think if anyone kills a dragon it is going to be Jaime. He has history of stopping a Targaryen burning people to death and I think history is going to repeat itself. Tyrion knows all the weak points of a dragon and Jaime looks set to fill out his biography in the Kingsguard book.

I would guess that Rhaegel will go to Aegon. He claims to be the son of Rhaegar and I would bet at the least he is a Targaryen. Viserys might go to one of the Martells. Either Arianne or one of the Sand Sisters. Jon is an outside bet. Obviously Drogon will be ridden by Dany.

Personally I think that (f)Aegon is most likely a Blackfyre. Still, he probably has the blood of the dragon, so he might do. The Martells as well are a possibility, but probably come second to the very popular R+L=J theory, making Jon Snow a popular contender. Tyrion could be one as well, assuming the Aerys+Joanna theory is correct, which I doubt. But that doubt only holds sway if the Dragons have to be controlled by someone who has the blood of Old Valyria. If not, Tyrion is more likely, or he could just be a massive red herring. Whatever the outcome, I'm doubtful of the Martells and (f)Aegon, as the Dragons (At least Viserion and Rhaegal) still regard Dany as their mother. If I remember correctly, they were searching for her in Meereen, so they probably won't abandon her. This is me assuming that she isn't going to get along with (f)Aegon and the Martells, due to Quentyn's death and the 'Mummer's Dragon' prophecy. But yeah, Drogon will be ridden by Dany, bar any sudden plot twists.

I think if anyone kills a dragon it is going to be Jaime. He has history of stopping a Targaryen burning people to death and I think history is going to repeat itself. Tyrion knows all the weak points of a dragon and Jaime looks set to fill out his biography in the Kingsguard book.

How? He can hardly fight anymore, and Tyrion is probably going to be helping Dany. Stabbing a madman in the back isn't the same as killing a huge fire-breathing monster.

Of course, Weirdwood was used in the construction of Harrenhal itself. And it still burned to ashes. Still, interesting theory. But I think that Theon's too broken to be able to actually do it. Maybe the power of the weirdwood refers to greenseers and warging?

I don't think it's just about weirwood and warging. And while its true, the beams and rafters were charred, Harren, like the Andels chopped down a bunch of thousands of years old weirwoods, which could be different than harvesting small amounts from a tree. It's not 'living wood' anymore if you destroy the source.

Dany does not seem to have any control of the other two dragons at the moment and they are not hers to give out. Dorne is one of the few houses we know with Targaryen blood. The only other important characters are Stannis and Shireen. I guess they are equally as likely to get a dragon.

Why does that have anything to do with who ends up riding the dragons? GRRM has said that one need not be a Targaryen to ride a dragon.

Technically we still dont know if the dragonhorn Victation was given from Euron is the real deal, if it is im thinking Rhaegal and Viserion will go with him for awhile and when/ if he does reach Westeros with them i think hell will break loose from their aka the second dance of dragons because Dany is following the Iron Fleet to save her babies. I still think Viserion will end up with Jon because i really think he will need a dragon when he marches North.

Archived