Movies & Tv Shows that you secretly love but can't admit to

Rhaegarsjoy

This reminds me, I've got to get caught up on Preacher's Daughters LOL

I haven't had the - ahem, pleasure of watching much of Preachers Daughters yet, but from what I've seen, it could almost classify as Greek tragedy. It just hits it so far out there it almost rounds the bases and slides into home.

/tortured metaphors

There are so many examples but recently I find myself watching reruns of Married with Children during the middle of the night. I blame insomnia but the fact that I have to justify it pretty much speaks for itself.

Wow, you guys think that keeping up appearances is a shameful thing to watch?

My guilty pleasures are the original Ugly Betty (and I mean the COLUMBIAN original), and, for no reason that I could understand, Pimp my ride.

Haven't heard of the Colombian original but I liked the American ugly Betty wasn't ashamed to admit it but after the first two seasons it just went down hill, they just turned it into a soap. it's like the devil wears Prada over stayed its welcome

Haven't heard of the Colombian original but I liked the American ugly Betty wasn't ashamed to admit it but after the first two seasons it just went down hill, they just turned it into a soap. it's like the devil wears Prada over stayed its welcome

Ugly Betty US went through something of a dry spell during s3 and first half of s4 but I loved the last few episodes and the finale was really quite great, considering. I liked that it didn't end on a ridiculous "Daniel and Betty elope" type ending. It was somewhat implied that maybe they'd get together eventually but most probably they wouldn't.

Ugly Betty US went through something of a dry spell during s3 and first half of s4 but I loved the last few episodes and the finale was really quite great, considering. I liked that it didn't end on a ridiculous "Daniel and Betty elope" type ending. It was somewhat implied that maybe they'd get together eventually but most probably they wouldn't.

How did it end by the way, I don't wanna watch season 3or 4?

The title pretty much says it,

if someone secretly loves something and can't admit to it, then it is not something that can be admitted in this thread. everyone who answered in the thread with an admission is therefore a lying liar who lies.

The title pretty much says it,

if someone secretly loves something and can't admit to it, then it is not something that can be admitted in this thread. everyone who answered in the thread with an admission is therefore a lying liar who lies.

The tiniest of apostrophes at the end of the title is suggestive of an addendum: "without cover of Internet Anonymity".

Can't stop watching Glee despite how shit it has become.

Still watch wrestling.

One got caught watching The Tweenies without any children!

I was the same with pretty little liars, it's really dumb and they just keep digging in their own graves I finally quit mid season 3 don't wanna watch 8 seasons to find out who A is.

My uncle and I stayed up til six o'clock one morning watching DH. After which we looked at each other and agreed to never speak of that again.

Ha! I used to watch the hell out of that show, before it collapsed under the sheer weight of its own camp.

I wonder if people don't watch things because of whose in it rather than its good or bad, I don't watch anything with Jennifer Anniston or JLo (by choice unless its someone else's turn to pick the movie)

Really? Who does that? I can't even tell apart most actors.

I've done it before with certain actors. There's rarely any rhyme or reason to it, moreso a nebulous "I don't like this guy/girl." My ex had that issue with Russell Crowe. It was like pulling teeth to get her to watch Gladiator and A Beautiful Mind (she ended up liking both).

I generally avoid watching anything featuring Mel Gibson, Alec Baldwin or Charlie Sheen. Tom Cruise used to be on the fringes of the do-not-watch list, but his great performances in Magnolia and Collateral altered my perceptions.

Oh! Keanu Reeves! I really hated him in Constantine! Granted, i've not seen nor considered seeing any movie he's in since, but I might just pass on it if it comes up. Hell yeah. Hold me to it, people!

One must be Armageddon. It was probably my favorite film as a 10 year old boy. I just thought everything about it was well done and epic. Seeing it this day, yes it's cheesy, but it's still a movie I think is good. funny, entertaining and with some badass scenes. I also think Willis sacrifice in the end is sad.

A film I think is quite good actually.

Another movie worth mentioning is Eyes Wide Shut. I saw pieces of it this weekend (I've seen the whole movie before) and it is pretty good. Not brilliant, but interesting, pretty creepy at times. Don't know if people hate it though. Tom Cruise is great in it, I wanted to mention it since someone mentoined him upthread. He is a really good actor, and I think people slap him too much because of his crazy real life personality. As an actor though, he is great.

Another movie worth mentioning is Eyes Wide Shut. I saw pieces of it this weekend (I've seen the whole movie before) and it is pretty good. Not brilliant, but interesting, pretty creepy at times. Don't know if people hate it though. Tom Cruise is great in it, I wanted to mention it since someone mentoined him upthread. He is a really good actor, and I think people slap him too much because of his crazy real life personality. As an actor though, he is great.

Yeah, it wasn't nearly as bad as some made out to be. Depressing, sure, but that was sort of the point.

Oh! Keanu Reeves! I really hated him in Constantine! Granted, i've not seen nor considered seeing any movie he's in since, but I might just pass on it if it comes up. Hell yeah. Hold me to it, people!

The Matrix?

Archived